Nonsensical quests?

Options
Olba - Sanctuary
Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Ah, most of the quests in PWI are, as you would expect, about killing monsters for one reason or another. Most of them make sense, with a few exceptions. The quest for the wings for the little girl comes to mind as one of those; exactly how does she plan to use the wings of flying mobs to make wings for herself?

However, I've noticed that a whole lot of the non-mob slaying quests tend to be rather idiotic or have little to no relation to the rest. I recall at least a few quests where the character has to act as a messenger between lovers or as a cupid of sorts, such as when you help the banker in South Archosaur get together with the Guard in Plume. Why the hell do they send a hero on missions like that? And just recently, the Strider Wei's Map quest makes you pay 20,000 coins to the Blacksmith. Hey wait, the character is a world-saving hero, why does s/he need to pay for someone else's stuff when everyone seems to owe their lives to him/her?

Oh, and for kicks, there's a quest that talks about "the coveted booty of the Titanial Bondmaids". Am I the only one who sees something strange in that?
If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
Post edited by Olba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I C WUT U DEED THAR.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Mikayu - Sanctuary
    Mikayu - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    "the coveted booty of the Titanial Bondmaids"b:laugh
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are always odd quests like that in MMOs. I've seen comic strips before about this. The quest giver says "oh hey go grab that book over there" and you're like "dude, you're in the same room, can't you just walk over and get it yourself?"
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dat ****.

10chars.

Should've known someone would say it.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are always odd quests like that in MMOs. I've seen comic strips before about this. The quest giver says "oh hey go grab that book over there" and you're like "dude, you're in the same room, can't you just walk over and get it yourself?"

I lol'd.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At least you don't have to travel long distances to finish a quest. I played MMOs where I had to travel long distances just to kill mobs, or talk to one person and return. Plus, they had no teleports >.>
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At least you don't have to travel long distances to finish a quest. I played MMOs where I had to travel long distances just to kill mobs, or talk to one person and return. Plus, they had no teleports >.>

It's like you've never done a WQ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a good sample is the quest "the punishment". I think thats the name not sure.

after you kill a bunch of mobs for some drops, you need to get hay I think.

mats that do not drop for you as the quest is about when you are 70+. Also hay is so expensive that you are better off selling it and buying oracles or other means to get exps.b:chuckle
  • Warmechanism - Harshlands
    Warmechanism - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I do agree with the OP. I mean a fat banker with a hot elf lady... Pls...b:shocked Way out of his league.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Instant chaos with a turn of a key.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I especially like the one where you have to get..was it Duke Blacke's seven wives back? Good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's like you've never done a WQ...

I don't do WQ anymore. I would teleport to locations when I did WQ. I've probably done less than ten WQ without teleporting. World quest using a mount with one, two, or three teleports take me like one hour thirty minutes to finish. Teleporting to all locations cost like eighty thousand and forty-five minutes to finish. I didn't do much WQ like other people. I did like four when I first hit seventy and stopped. Then I start doing them again at seventy-seven to get to seventy-eight. WQs from seventy-eight to eighty were done with teleports.
    edited August 2009
    Options

mats that do not drop for you as the quest is about when you are 70+. Also hay is so expensive that you are better off selling it and buying oracles or other means to get exps.b:chuckle

It truly is a punishment...for YOU, that is.
    I especially like the one where you have to get..was it Duke Blacke's seven wives back? Good times.

Hehe...I loved that one. My FAVORITE quest had to be the "Drunken Warrior" one...ah...gotta love NPC's who lie to you for teh lulz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I recall at least a few quests where the character has to act as a messenger between lovers or as a cupid of sorts, such as when you help the banker in South Archosaur get together with the Guard in Plume. Why the hell do they send a hero on missions like that? And just recently, the Strider Wei's Map quest makes you pay 20,000 coins to the Blacksmith. Hey wait, the character is a world-saving hero, why does s/he need to pay for someone else's stuff when everyone seems to owe their lives to him/her?

Oh, and for kicks, there's a quest that talks about "the coveted booty of the Titanial Bondmaids". Am I the only one who sees something strange in that?
    LMFAO.........
    maybe slaves are heros where they made this ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Should've known someone would say it.

fkin loool xD
  • Devisionx - Sanctuary
    Devisionx - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Totally agree. The most annoying thing is that they tell you that only after you have already killed all the mobs. -.- Plus there is not even good exp or item reward.

Trashed.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heavenswear quest is also terrible... requires to kill mobs 6-7 levels more than u, alone cuz of bad drop rate, and also asks 10 compund thread and 10 leather

for what ?

the usually low coins exp and spirit and the usually "uknown" reward (99% of the time is a celestone fragment)

damn devs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Warmechanism - Harshlands
    Warmechanism - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *mumbles* stupid fat bankers get all the good elf chicks.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Instant chaos with a turn of a key.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Um, just recently, I picked up a quest from Thousand Streams that required me to go to an altar next to Dribbling Springs, then back to Thousand Streams, back to the altar to farm some quest crystals around it and back to the Elder. Well, I got 140k exp so it was worth it, but that certainly counts as a long distance.
    *mumbles* stupid fat bankers get all the good elf chicks

Well, there are a few quests where you actually get some Winged Elves together. At least I remember my most recent one, involving Winged Elf Tien and Yu Wingjan or something, one at Archosaur and the other at Bamboo Village. But how did the banker steal the heart of the bad **** winged elf guard just by giving her a potion, for which the materials the player gathers and someone else makes the potion? And hey wait, there's also that guy in King's Feast who's after Bud Harvester's daughter and wants to impress her by having the character kill monsters near King's Feast.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heavenswear quest is also terrible... requires to kill mobs 6-7 levels more than u, alone cuz of bad drop rate, and also asks 10 compund thread and 10 leather

for what ?

the usually low coins exp and spirit and the usually "uknown" reward (99% of the time is a celestone fragment)

damn devs

Don't forget that 4X quest that needs you to get 10 element essences for some awful exp/spirit reward (and nope, no coin for you)

Best shot at getting element essence? Gilded Princess, a level 60 monster.

WTF were the devs smoking when they came up with this idea?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they stopped trying at 60+. for (repeated) justice and brocade boxes!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

It is "the punishment." I had this quest recently. I took the time to kill the monsters and then it tells me to get hay. I said whatever to that and trashed it.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

booty in that context = treasure or loot. WHY, i have no idea.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    booty in that context = treasure or loot. WHY, i have no idea.

We know but you're killing the joke. b:bye
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what about the quest about the fire and water orbs?

OMG, I still have one of the orbs, I quit looking for somebody with the other orb. No need to say, I have the continuation of this quest since level 49 I think?

I recently got rid of the nameless hero letter. wow, that later got so late to destination lol.