error window pops in weird characters

leewhyeme
leewhyeme Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
So i just downloaded the game. and got to the patch window, it checks for all the patches and such, but when i click start, a few moments later, a window pops up, in weird characters that my computer doesn't have a font for. and an OK button that i press and closes everything altogether. Can anyone help me out, or is having the same problem?
Post edited by leewhyeme on

Comments

• rahza
    rahza Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to say, I'm having the same problem (and so are 4-6 more people I know of). If I find a solution I'll help you out, but that may take awhile...
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Post a Dxdiag please. To do that:

Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chii
    chii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I too have the problem

pwib.jpg

dxdiagd.jpg
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2009
    Chii, I would suggest rolling back your video drivers to version 7.7: http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/ATI-Radeon-Graphics-Card-Display-Driver-7.7-Windows-XP-XP-MCE_26140.shtml

There is currently a known issue with AGP ATI cards running a later driver version than that which will often cause them to simply not run the game at all.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• chii
    edited August 2009
    I downloaded that and setup said its not compatable with my gfx card >_> this is the same system i used back during beta when i played
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2009
    Another thing I noticed is that DirectDraw is disabled, and the button to enable it is greyed out. If you are using Vista, you will probably need to use an administrator account with UAC turned off in order to enable it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• chii
    edited September 2009
    I am using Windows XP Pro and logged as Admin.
  • Bloax - Harshlands
    Bloax - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    man im having same problem >_<
  • chii
    edited September 2009
    weird i just checked my dxdiag and now it looks like it's normal. in previous picture i note it doesn't event show the memory my gfx card has.
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Admitted noob when it comes to computer errors talking here, so take with a large grain of salt.

Do you have the Asian Languages pack for Windows? (no idea if that'd help or not, but sometimes the weirdest things work.)

Have you run verify?

Have you defraged your computer? (No joke: PW gave me a weird error -- not the same as what you have, but an in-game error -- I ran a verify and a defrag and everything was fixed. Mind you I have Windows XP Home Edition, but that shouldn't be that big a difference...?)

Here's hoping you can play soon!
  • Bloax - Harshlands
    Bloax - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
  • sandeep122
    sandeep122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009

no graphic driver installed 4 ur system

if u using Geforce download from nvdia site , if ati download from ati site

link : PW download page >bottom
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Also, you may have to get video drivers from the manufacturer of your system, and not ATI or nVidia.

What is the make and full model number of your system?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.