Can archers solo? YES THEY CAN

2»

Comments

• Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh yes absolutely, We archers just like to be lazy :O But as long as the mob isn't "in your face" we can usually tank or solo o.o;; But they have to be AOE or ranged usually T_T Nothing like a big whack on the head from Gouf for a ranged fighter ;)

LOL yah but i wasnt tlking bout a boss...i died sooo many times trying to take down bosses w/o a cleric...these were just ordinary melee mobs @ lvl101 (weakness tho)
    question is...i may b nutz to try it but y does my barb friend (higher lvl than me) reckon he wouldnt b able to? surely as a tank he could take the dmg easier? or do we have some advantage i dont know about here?
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, archers are quite adequate at tanking. My guild leader Ju$tiCE has been tanking all FB bosses up to 59 (except for last boss in FB51), Gouf, Kimsa, Slitt, Slither, Jewelscalen, Krixxix, Suzerix, Chin, Yan the Traitor, the dragon bosses near Dragon Temple, etc. with my solo healing since we've been in the low 80s. It's more fun to heal for an archer tank than with a barbarian or BM--there's always that chance that the boss' spike damage will one/two-shot him. b:chuckle

EDIT: Oh ****, I just realized this thread was from ages ago. So sorry for necroing. T___T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I find it very funny people saying archers cant tank and such.
    At my lvl and current gear i have ~5500 hp unbuffed and 7150 hp buffed.
    I am a PURE dex build, 3 base mag, 3 base vit, all extra str restated from gear back to dex, with bare min str for gear. ALL of my hp is pretty well in my gear. But i have solod and tanked many bosses. not gonna try to separate em atm.

FBs
    19-59
    a few bosses in 69 (Almost got Gaurnob and Polearm)
    All of 79
    A few bosses in 89

other bosses:
    not listing all the extremely low 1s

(note: some are melee, yes they are irritating, but do-able, spam winged pledge-wingspan-metal atts- then repeat)

Ch'in < easily soloable
    Virridis
    Suzerix < soloable
    slitt
    empyrean slither < soloable
    Yan the traitor
    Raged Wraithchief
    Kimsa
    Gouf
    Jewelscalen
    Eyes Of Krimson < not to bad, cant pull an archer off the cliff like he can a barb)
    Gargantakong < (very difficult, hi lvl cleric quick to pure needed)
    (quite a few World Bosses)

theres quite a few more bosses, ill edit as i think of em..
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    With a good enough cleric a level 40 can solo chin by bashing his head against the keyboard.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wait wait I have to check this picture. U mean...u can't tank Chin without a cleric?! LOL! I can tank all the SP bosses (Dismal and Eido) and Chin without a cleric.
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well Archers can really solo a boss.

They need or help from cleric or help from someone to kite it.
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm starting to realize some things are surprisingly easy with a rotation of Winged shell / Wings of grace.

I would solo Gingzi all the time for my friend's BH, and now that she's 50+ Farren is just as easy if not easier. They do hit hard but it's nothing potions/genie can't handle if you keep your chi for buffs.
    She does give me a spark once in a while but I'm sure I could do without :P
  • celestina14
    celestina14 Posts: 2 Arc User
    ive done solo... yeah.. i killed so many times.. but i figured out that all i need to do was a shooting technique.. :blush: i've killed bosses for cultivation quests like getting DRAGON'S SALIVA.. LION'S EYE.. and so on.. i yelled for help.. but no one came.. its sad though..
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    It's not exactly appreciated to have a five year old topic like this revived.

So it's going to be closed.
    ​​
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.