100% pure vit build?

Kyni - Dreamweaver
Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Barbarian
i have a barb that has never been touched yet and i've been thinking about builds for him. i've read up on guides on tank builds and such, but i've been thinking of this one very odd and yet impossible type of build. all stats going directly to VIT all the way and wearing nothing but level 1 equipment.

so lemme ask all those who are more experienced. how long do you think having an all VIT barb would last? o.o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Current Actives --
>> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
>> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
>> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
Post edited by Kyni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    no. you need enough str to wear TT90 gold axes, 60 vit, and everything else into vit, this is the ideal tank build.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the wolf right there, but it think it would be hilarious to see a barb running around with his vit as high as he could get it XD
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sticky meant 60 Dex by the way.

And honestly, you can try to go PURE bit, but: your dmg would suck asssssss. You'd miss a loooooot.
    You'll take a longer time to die up to the 15's, but you won't be able to kill anything. Once you get past the 20s you'll just be a nuisance with large amount of HP to mobs.
    Belligero
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You cannot have a pure vit barb.

You wont do any damage, you will miss constantly and even all the hp in the world will run out eventually.

Also you will not have the defense a tanker barb would have since you have no str.

Barbs take long enough to level with the normal tanker build. You're talking about a hour to kill a mob with a pure vit build.

EDIT: One possible alternative, if you are a HP fan, is level the barb as normal to lvl70. Get him a set of calamity axes. Then add everything to vit and keep on refining those axes.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You cannot have a pure vit barb.

You wont do any damage, you will miss constantly and even all the hp in the world will run out eventually.

Also you will not have the defense a tanker barb would have since you have no str.

Barbs take long enough to level with the normal tanker build. You're talking about a hour to kill a mob with a pure vit build.

EDIT: One possible alternative, if you are a HP fan, is level the barb as normal to lvl70. Get him a set of calamity axes. Then add everything to vit and keep on refining those axes.

VIT adds HP and elemental resist. Elemental resist is more important to raise as a heavy armor user than physical defense.. My build is basically STR 272 (HH90 green/gold requirement), DEX 60, MAG 5 (havent restatted 2 points out yet) and rest to VIT. With bloodbath i can get almost 3000 accuracy and my HP is still at ~13-14k in human form..
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    how long do you think having an all VIT barb would last? o.o
    It will last until Level 2.

At Level 2, a Barb with 6 strength will be able to wear better armour and be able to absorb far more damage than a 100% VIT barb.

Beyond Level 2, the defence/survivability scale tips even further in favour of the barb with STR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Psh, real barbs tank naked.b:chuckle
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you want a pure vit build (80% vit, not 100% thats just crazy) the str and dex should be what you should have to wear your armor and weapon. And de rest into vit. Squads love this kind of build. BUT!!! You kill verry verry verry slow... But you can always team up. Some clerics never want to fight alone because they dont want to die all the time, same for wizards. They kill faster then you and you still get your quests done. So you dont miss that much ^^
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I will disagree with the slow killing part. A barb can kill as fast as a BM in human form. If they both have same STR, they will have same DMG. As a LVL10 barb and BM

they both have the same build STR: 35 / DEX : 10 / CON: 15... with latest equips, both are wearing a LVL9 dual axe. Its just 10 more VIT added for tank build, is it THAT much?

I looked up ectacomb for their stats, i'll copy them down

LVL10 barbarian's stats
    HP: 576 / MP: 161
    P. Attack: 63-123 / M. Attack 1-1
    Crit. Rate 1% / Atk Rate: 0.83 atk/s
    Accuracy: 80 / Dodge: 88 / Speed: 4.9 m/s
    P. Def: 345
    Magic defense-Metal: 123 / Wood: 123 / Water: 123 / Fire: 123 / Earth: 123

HP: 510 / MP: 187
    P.ATK: 63-123 / M. Attack 1-1
    Crit. Rate 1% / Atk Rate: 0.83 atk/s
    Accuracy: 100 / Dodge: 108 / Speed: 5.0 m/s
    P. Def: 345
    Magic defense-Metal: 123 / Wood: 123 / Water: 123 / Fire: 123 / Earth: 123

BM have more accuracy, but barbs have flesh ream that never misses and gains a little bit more non-missing skill from sage/demon and bloodbath.

Tank's stats would probably be like 35 STR, 10 DEX, 15 VIT... Then following the cylcle of 3 STR, 2 VIT on even LVL, then 3 STR, 1 VIT, 1 DEX on odd LVLs

multiply build by 10 (goes to LVL100). barbs have better survivalbility but BMs have more agility and more MP. Regardless of build, everything else is the same. Use calculator with NPC equips and find out.

Summing it up that a barbarian can kill almost (or exactly) as fast as an axe BM in human form, all it takes is some MP powders/pots/charms not a big deal. I follow the build of getting to use the true scarlet axe, which will help best for tankers b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    no. you need enough str to wear TT90 gold axes, 60 vit, and everything else into vit, this is the ideal tank build.

i think you mean 60 DEX instead of 60vit and everything else into vit.

But yea if it is 60Dex instead 60 vit than i agree xD
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I will disagree with the slow killing part. A barb can kill as fast as a BM in human form. If they both have same STR, they will have same DMG. As a LVL10 barb and BM

they both have the same build STR: 35 / DEX : 10 / CON: 15... with latest equips, both are wearing a LVL9 dual axe. Its just 10 more VIT added for tank build, is it THAT much?

Compared to a str barb, the vit barb will kill more slowly.
    Vit barb compared to bm is same as above.
    vit barb compared to other classes is just: slow killing
  • Ahtoot - Heavens Tear
    Ahtoot - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I got about 16k hp in human form, you need to remember you get alot more mag/phy def from higher lvl armors and HP from good refines.... Extra stats given from higher lvl gears will cover the vit lost from pumping to dex/str.... even you can get 20k or 30k hp, your resist will be much lower, i think u can be one hitted by mages :)
    edited August 2009
    OK wall of text time.....
    VIT adds HP and elemental resist. Elemental resist is more important to raise as a heavy armor user than physical defense.. My build is basically STR 272 (HH90 green/gold requirement), DEX 60, MAG 5 (havent restatted 2 points out yet) and rest to VIT. With bloodbath i can get almost 3000 accuracy and my HP is still at ~13-14k in human form..

Yes Starang. I'm aware Vit adds HP,HP recovery,Pdef and Mdef. I have the same build as you, and you must have some great gear cause I only manage 12k HP in tiger b:chuckle.

But the point I was trying to make is that you do need those 272 str and 60dex. The OP was talking about a pure vit barb, wearing lvl1 armors.
    If you want a pure vit build (80% vit, not 100% thats just crazy) the str and dex should be what you should have to wear your armor and weapon. And de rest into vit. Squads love this kind of build.

Thats what I was suggesting with the calamities. Though you still need to add 227 str, 49 dex (for lvl90 armors) and everything else into vit. You will find that even then you still have more str than vit.
    I will disagree with the slow killing part. A barb can kill as fast as a BM in human form.

Summing it up that a barbarian can kill almost (or exactly) as fast as an axe BM in human form, all it takes is some MP powders/pots/charms not a big deal. I follow the build of getting to use the true scarlet axe, which will help best for tankers b:bye

I disagree on both counts.

1. The patk is the same yes. That means both can kill one mob each at exactly the same rate if using normal attacks (barb is still slower since he misses abit more). Axe BMs kill faster than humanoid barbs, not because of more or less damage but because axe BMs have better, more spammable, aoes, will allows them to damage more mobs in a given time. Also you are assuming the same stats for both. Why would a BM pump vit like a barb (unless hes a tanker BM)? He would generally be putting a bit more str than a tanker barb.

2. A humanoid barb does not have the same survivability as a BM. Close but not quite there. Barbs get 30% more HP with our buff maxed.
    In humanoid we do not have the 60% pdef bonus from shapeshifting intensify. So our pdef is a lot lower than a BM with golden bell. Additionally BMs have alter marrows and sutras, which make you much more survivable than a humanoid barb.
    The barb and BM are almost equal when in a party and everyone has everyone else's buffs. BMs are still better than humanoid barbs (thanks to marrows). For the barb to be more survivable, he has to turn tiger.
    I got about 16k hp in human form, you need to remember you get alot more mag/phy def from higher lvl armors and HP from good refines.... Extra stats given from higher lvl gears will cover the vit lost from pumping to dex/str....
    Yep and thats why quite a few high level barbs often restat to a str/dex build to maximize their damage and help them PK better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Yep and thats why quite a few high level barbs often restat to a str/dex build to maximize their damage and help them PK better.

Would be stupid to restat to DEX/STR build as lv99+ Barb imo. HP matters alot since you depend on armageddon in PvP and the extra dex or str wont make your armageddon damage higher. At least in Lost City server where alot of people have high refine armors at 99+ you just cant kill them with spamming skills. Like DestroyTokyo said earlier in a thread: Occult Ice -> Extreme Poison -> Armageddon = the most broken skill combo in the game. Good luck killing anything above 99+ with berserk onslaught or w/e. Even arcane users at that level find it only tickleish.
  • Kyni - Dreamweaver
    Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    mkay guys. i got all the helpful info i need :3 knew it would be impossible, but can't hurt to ask :D thanks all <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
    >> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
    >> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
    >> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
  • Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i have a barb that has never been touched yet and i've been thinking about builds for him. i've read up on guides on tank builds and such, but i've been thinking of this one very odd and yet impossible type of build. all stats going directly to VIT all the way and wearing nothing but level 1 equipment.

so lemme ask all those who are more experienced. how long do you think having an all VIT barb would last? o.o

if you want more hp than other barbs, get hh90 gear high refine and wear XS, have all other points into vit, only need enough to wear armor and not weapon since its a very low lvl weapon with a lot of vit.
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • Verticoli - Sanctuary_1260687467
    edited August 2009
    i think a good cheap idea to get alot of hp is to get
    tt80 gold full set. +7 that or so then 4 socket which is much cheaper than tt90
    and put like 4 imac HP gems per armor
    keep ur str at 212 and dex at 50 or 49.. cant remeber which is the lowest.
    then level to 90+ and use that +5% tt90 gold neck and tt90 gold belt becuase u save that extra 100 vit u shuold at my level have about 300 - 350 vit which puts u at atleast 21,000 hp in tiger (to 23,100 if ur sage) with +7 refines and some good rings helmet and cape etc.
    -good build for barbs who want to save every single point of HP-
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i think a good cheap idea to get alot of hp is to get
    tt80 gold full set. +7 that or so then 4 socket which is much cheaper than tt90
    and put like 4 imac HP gems per armor
    keep ur str at 212 and dex at 50 or 49.. cant remeber which is the lowest.
    then level to 90+ and use that +5% tt90 gold neck and tt90 gold belt becuase u save that extra 100 vit u shuold at my level have about 300 - 350 vit which puts u at atleast 21,000 hp in tiger (to 23,100 if ur sage) with +7 refines and some good rings helmet and cape etc.
    -good build for barbs who want to save every single point of HP-

Why would anyone waste mats to make HH90 gold belt now when you can get 4th map belt so ez.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I disagree on both counts.

1. The patk is the same yes. That means both can kill one mob each at exactly the same rate if using normal attacks (barb is still slower since he misses abit more). Axe BMs kill faster than humanoid barbs, not because of more or less damage but because axe BMs have better, more spammable, aoes, will allows them to damage more mobs in a given time. Also you are assuming the same stats for both. Why would a BM pump vit like a barb (unless hes a tanker BM)? He would generally be putting a bit more str than a tanker barb.

2. A humanoid barb does not have the same survivability as a BM. Close but not quite there. Barbs get 30% more HP with our buff maxed.
    In humanoid we do not have the 60% pdef bonus from shapeshifting intensify. So our pdef is a lot lower than a BM with golden bell. Additionally BMs have alter marrows and sutras, which make you much more survivable than a humanoid barb.
    The barb and BM are almost equal when in a party and everyone has everyone else's buffs. BMs are still better than humanoid barbs (thanks to marrows). For the barb to be more survivable, he has to turn tiger.

1. Yeah I just post stats for BM and barb, a barb would take longer in AOE i would believe you on that, but in how about 1 on 1? I am just stating from the statistics from a BM and a barbarian, also on the recommended STR on blademaster guide is like 3 STR per LVL at most (they can add more if they want) but i don't believe they would just add 9 STR, 1 DEX or somewhere like that every LVL, then again i think they do. So i can't believe a decent BM would commonly add more STR on a BM. I think they rely a lot on DEX over STR

2 . barbarians in human form might not have same survivability as a BM due to sutra and using alter marrows wisely, also golden bell and beast kings inspiration is squad buff. In PVE, barbs end up tanking. Also, imo bestial rage > alter marrow magical (at least that what experienced seen so far, least DMG i got attacked from magic with beastial rage with half HP, i only gotten 2 DMG), that is if you have 50% or less HP, I learned that you can absorb 2k DMG. Also there is invoke the spirit barbs have. As through the levels, especially in endgame barbs (they got to use tiger for defense O.o should ward off attacks and they boost HP, while warriors boost defenses. I find them good at survival in a different way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sticky meant 60 Dex by the way.

And honestly, you can try to go PURE bit, but: your dmg would suck asssssss. You'd miss a loooooot.
    You'll take a longer time to die up to the 15's, but you won't be able to kill anything. Once you get past the 20s you'll just be a nuisance with large amount of HP to mobs.

I'm a pure vit barb - minimum strength and dexterity and I hit like a cannon, whoever says pure vit barbs hit low obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Listen to one who knows because they are.

And if you're that desperate to hit somebody, use Bloodbath, that's the whole reason we have that skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
    edited August 2009
    I'm a pure vit barb - minimum strength and dexterity and I hit like a cannon,

You mean minimum str and dex for weapons? Or min str and dex for armors?
    If its the latter I'd be interested to know what weapon you use.

And btw, the OP was talking about 5str/5dex/5mag/all vit build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm a pure vit barb - minimum strength and dexterity and I hit like a cannon, whoever says pure vit barbs hit low obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Listen to one who knows because they are.

And if you're that desperate to hit somebody, use Bloodbath, that's the whole reason we have that skill

ths pure vit is meant really PURE!no points at all to any other..only vit...
    but its true "pure" vit is good..im also "pure" vit...and my dmg is quite good for barb...specially with arma! b:laugh
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009

what kinda cannon? plastic?

no barb ever hits like a cannon with anything except armageddon

b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    allthough the idea of 100% vit wud be funny...but it wud be useless..it cudnt even hold agro so it wud be lousy tank too...

but as idea...maybe ill use some reset note when i get sick of this game and make my barb 100% vit and go pk then w/o gears! xDD
  • Verticoli - Sanctuary_1260687467
    edited August 2009
    when i have 233 str to use calamity with TT90 armor and like 49 dex
    the only skill that works good is armageddon

when i hit that zerk crit with tree of protection its up to 35,000 on a arcane
    but other than armageddon all the dmg u do is about 40% less than tt90 gold axes or maybe 30 - 40% less dmg

but armadeggon is the only "1 hit skill" u have with a pure vit build

and u shouldnt be pvping with pure vit anyway...