Be able to unequip charms

Options
Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Me and alot of my friends have serious issue with charms. You cant unequip it after using. I can understand the fact that they auto-bind and you cant trade the item anymore, but why cant you move it to inventory after using like regular bound items? ALOT of the PWI gamers use charms for specific situations, like me for instance, just rebirth and TW. It doesnt make sense equipping something, barely using it and later watch it going to waste on duels, grinding, bounty hunt, etc.

From a 'charm sale' point of view, you may think its wise making players waste their charms on situations they dont want to waste it on so they eventually have to buy more, but in the end players buy less due to this. Half my friends dont do or stopped doing rebirths because they dont want to spend a fortune on charms and be stuck with them till they run out, which prevents them from playing the game until they do more of what they equipped the charm for to make it worth it.

Please make it so you can take them off. I stopped using HP charms AT ALL. I bought a while back a 5 pack that was on sale, and so far i havent used any. Not even in rebirth. Its pointless to waste an extremely expensive item knowing ill have 10% of it in good use and the rest wasted on ****. I cant duel, use my skills properly on hunts (on this case, mp charm) or play the game with barely any fun while i got charms on. Trust me, if you make them removable, your charm sale will increase exponentially.
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is a great idea. I would love to be able to equip my charm for TW and then take it off as soon as I'm done.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Being unable to equip charms = lasts much much longer = less charms are bought from the boutique = PWE doesn't make as much money before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Being unable to equip charms = lasts much much longer = less charms are bought from the boutique = PWE doesn't make as much money before.

Lol yeah, the same reason mp charms tick at 75% than, say 25%.b:chuckle
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it would be nice but well less profit for the company

i think buying less big charms is better like bronze or silver you waste less on it
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I cant duel, use my skills properly on hunts (on this case, mp charm) or play the game with barely any fun while i got charms on.
    Rofl.

Solution: Dont use charms if it makes your like difficult.b:chuckle
  • Nokia_Jade - Heavens Tear
    Nokia_Jade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I believe it's a decent idea.

Maybe in the company wanted to preserve some of the profit made they could allow players to unequip bigger, more expensive charms like the Gold charm or Platinum charm, while the smaller two would not be able to be unequipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You could toggle it off or on.Don't worry they would still make money on them more charm pack sales.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You could toggle it off or on.Don't worry they would still make money on them more charm pack sales.

If I had the ability to toggle a charm on and off, I would make a HP charm that normally lasts a week last 2 months easily. A MP charm that lasts 3 days would last 3 weeks easily. You don't think everyone having the ability to do that would drastically reduce their profits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Great idea, but it I really think it will never ever happen. As some posters already said, if you can turn them off and on, than you use far less of it.... Everyone would turn them off for grinding....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If I had the ability to toggle a charm on and off, I would make a HP charm that normally lasts a week last 2 months easily. A MP charm that lasts 3 days would last 3 weeks easily. You don't think everyone having the ability to do that would drastically reduce their profits?

What about those who do a lot of FBs or PvP they would keep them on?The only time most would turn it off is out in the open world.I hardly think charm keep PWE running it is everything in boutique.I see a lot of ppl buying socket stones and selling them in their catshops.

I know this won't happen
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You guys are forgetting a few things:

1 - Charm sales would increase. Simply put, every single player in game (or at least most) would carry at least 1 charm of each for their own reasons considering its the best healing method we got and necessary for BB/Barrage. They might last longer, but would sell exponentially to current sales.
    2 - Players like me and my friends would participate in many more game events that require charms, as would many players like us.
    3 - They could simply increase the charm cost. Im sure reason 1 would already increase profit, and even though PWE would deny it and say they arent making as much money, they could raise cost 10~15%. Im sure nobody would mind paying a little extra just to have the ability to remove charms whenever they feel like and not waste on unncecessary situations.
    4 - Players using regular pots grinding/hunting/whatever and charms only for specific situations would mean 'COINS' would be spent to buy said pots. That means they wont have to **** up the game economy with massive sales to bring up the gold prices and give us the poor bs excuse of 'draining coins from the game' when it clearly didnt.

So in the end they would profit, they wont have to make another stupid jolly event while insulting the players to why they're making it and players would respect them more as a company. I dont see the downside here.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]