The flying land-mount glitch! o.O

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
Dunno if this has ever been reported, but I found a glitch tonight:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/clanorb2003/fly_n_ride.jpg

I accomplished this accidentally, by hitting my fly and mount buttons at roughly the same time. I managed to recreate the glitch on my main... the trick is to hit the fly button after you hit the mount button, in the second of lag between hitting the mount button and the "summoning pet" bar appearing.

Come to think of it, I bet this has only been possible as of Patch 166. Hasn't anyone else noticed that the fly button is quicker to respond than it used to be? Now I can hit the fly button in that one second, and get an immediate response - hence the summon bar appears while you're already in the air.

While in this "half-flying-half-riding mode," I found that I could move as if I were flying for a few feet, before being subject to the "rubber band effect." Once that happened I was mostly stuck in the area I ended up in once I began rubber-banding... though with some persistance I managed to move forward, still (eyewitnesses said I was moving at a snail's pace through the air... and they did not see my wings, just the mount). I could only fly "up" a certain amount without gettting rubber-banded.

Neither I or my mount made any animation movements during this time - the character was "breathing," but the wings were not beating and the mount was frozen in one frame of animation. The mount would get hungry, and I could feed it normally.

I was testing this out for a little while so I hope nobody assumed I was deliberately trying to glitch things. x_x As far as I can tell, it's a harmless bug, and it's impossible to go very far in this glitched mode. You can escape the mode by first stowing the mount, then pressing the fly button twice (the first time returns you to normal fly mode).

Just letting the GMs/devs know about this. To summarize: it is now possible to enter a "half-flying-half-riding" mode. Most likely this was made possible by the improved response times on the fly button which began with the latest content patch. It appears to be a harmless bug which doesn't affect gameplay at all. All the same, it'd probably be good to get it looked at / fixed soon. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol that looks weird >.>

but yeah, many of us have definitely noticed that mounting onto an aerogear seems to be faster than it used to be
  • VenoXI - Dreamweaver
    VenoXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dunno if this has ever been reported, but I found a glitch tonight:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/clanorb2003/fly_n_ride.jpg

I accomplished this accidentally, by hitting my fly and mount buttons at roughly the same time. I managed to recreate the glitch on my main... the trick is to hit the fly button after you hit the mount button, in the second of lag between hitting the mount button and the "summoning pet" bar appearing.

Come to think of it, I bet this has only been possible as of Patch 166. Hasn't anyone else noticed that the fly button is quicker to respond than it used to be? Now I can hit the fly button in that one second, and get an immediate response - hence the summon bar appears while you're already in the air.

While in this "half-flying-half-riding mode," I found that I could move as if I were flying for a few feet, before being subject to the "rubber band effect." Once that happened I was mostly stuck in the area I ended up in once I began rubber-banding... though with some persistance I managed to move forward, still (eyewitnesses said I was moving at a snail's pace through the air... and they did not see my wings, just the mount). I could only fly "up" a certain amount without gettting rubber-banded.

Neither I or my mount made any animation movements during this time - the character was "breathing," but the wings were not beating and the mount was frozen in one frame of animation. The mount would get hungry, and I could feed it normally.

I was testing this out for a little while so I hope nobody assumed I was deliberately trying to glitch things. x_x As far as I can tell, it's a harmless bug, and it's impossible to go very far in this glitched mode. You can escape the mode by first stowing the mount, then pressing the fly button twice (the first time returns you to normal fly mode).

Just letting the GMs/devs know about this. To summarize: it is now possible to enter a "half-flying-half-riding" mode. Most likely this was made possible by the improved response times on the fly button which began with the latest content patch. It appears to be a harmless bug which doesn't affect gameplay at all. All the same, it'd probably be good to get it looked at / fixed soon. :P

tis true, ive had this glitch. i think its kool, but people think its weird
    In the world there are four elements. Earth, Fire, Air, Water. If one were to control all four, there would be chaos, and if there is chaos, the Rise of Oblivion begins.

*grabs a staff* C'MON GUYS!!! LETS ROCK THIS JOINT!!! b:angry
This discussion has been closed.