Barb Genie Skills?

device
device Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Barbarian
Yes, I read the other forum.
Not much GOOD advice, imo.
Currently have level 6 Tree of Protection and Level 7 Tangling Mire. Need 1 more GOOD skill to use (Cant get Occult Ice, don't have the affinity needed).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by device on

Comments

• Swagga - Dreamweaver
    Swagga - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I prefer relentless courage or poison mist<i think that is the name>
    Regardless. relentless courage increases attack speed, movement speed, and decreases channeling time. SO, that would seemed to make major sense to me. And the poison allows the opponent to take an extra X amount of damage for X amount of time. Considering our low damage output, both seem to be good options. 1 last option might be solid shield too. Reduces damage taken for X amount of time. And if done right can be used with Relentless courage.
  • Katros - Lost City
    Katros - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I use tree of protection , Extreme poison and holy path.
    All three are lvl 10 :D
    Extreme poison is very good for PVP cause it reduces the enemies defence and make ur hit deal more damage =).
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    General tanking barb genie skills include tree of protection, solid shield, absolute domain, and weakness. RB tanking barb genie skills includes tree of protection, solid shield, alpha male, and reflect aura. Holy path is a general purpose genie skill that's nice to have no matter what you do. Extreme poison's uses are limited, now that it can no longer lure.
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Solid Shield's **** don't get it
    edited August 2009
    Solid Shield's **** don't get it

They nerfed it in the last patch. Still better than nothing. Could be the difference between life and death in emergencies.
  • device
    edited August 2009
    General tanking barb genie skills include tree of protection, solid shield, absolute domain, and weakness. RB tanking barb genie skills includes tree of protection, solid shield, alpha male, and reflect aura. Holy path is a general purpose genie skill that's nice to have no matter what you do. Extreme poison's uses are limited, now that it can no longer lure.
    They nerfed it in the last patch. Still better than nothing. Could be the difference between life and death in emergencies.

Thank you for having some idea of what you are talking about, this is the kind of advice i was looking for b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't forget lightning chaser. Its a good skill to interrupt casting, in case alclarity missed or was out of sync.
    Additionally its a nifty way to quickly grab a boss from a luring veno (thinking or Wurlord in TT2-X while typing this b:chuckle).

I also have cloud eruption which gives me a spark and a bit more chi (and which until the last patch used to give everyone in my party a spark too). I figure a barb can do awesome things if he has enough chi......invoke the spirit anyone?
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvP: Tree of Protection, Extreme Poison, Occult Ice and last one is your choice..

Rebirth etc: Tree, Alpha male, Absolute domain and solid shield.
  • Elfy_wam - Lost City
    Elfy_wam - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Tree of protection,Thunderstorm,Solid sheild.... those are good... thunderstorm is good if u go str build on genie tree is go for when ur hp is low and Solid sheild is really good for barbs its a nuther turtle...even tho it onyl reduces 60% damage but it still a big help if ur tanking world bosses or geting ganged in pk... i use it a lot since iam a str and dex build wb... =)
  • Joe__Biden - Sanctuary
    Joe__Biden - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I see alot of people saying extreme poison. Is that even a good choice now that it pulls multiple mobs (so i've heard)? This is PvE-based.
    edited August 2009
    I see alot of people saying extreme poison. Is that even a good choice now that it pulls multiple mobs (so i've heard)? This is PvE-based.

No it's not. There are lots of people giving bad advices out there. Even some suggesting Thunderstorm, an offense pvp skill used to oneshot some HA bms. There aren't enough skill slots for even survival and aggro skills on a genie, not to mention useful utility skills like holy path, wasting one on a single target debuff skill is not a good idea. Let others worry about debuff.
  • Joe__Biden - Sanctuary
    Joe__Biden - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have ToP, solid shield, and holy path on mine and all are very useful. I was probably going to get occult ice for the 4th but for a barb freezing isnt much of an advantage.
    edited August 2009
    .....Solid sheild is really good for barbs its a nuther turtle...even tho it onyl reduces 60% damage but it still a big help if ur tanking world bosses or geting ganged in pk... i use it a lot since iam a str and dex build wb... =)

It used to be Elfy, it used to be....b:cry
    In last patch, they nerfed it so now its only 35% damage reduction. b:cry b:angry

Edit: Might as well get wind shield now, costs less and gives you a bit more bang for your buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • device
    edited August 2009
    In last patch, they nerfed it so now its only 35% damage reduction. b:cry b:angry

Edit: Might as well get wind shield now, costs less and gives you a bit more bang for your buck.

Thanks. Ill check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tree of protection, alpha male, spark, absolute domain, mantle ripple of rage, holy path (another barb only genie skill) obviously for PVE purposes (there are more too) b:cool

If you put STR on that genie, that can change. Unless u find out that STR on the genie don't work as well, i never tried it yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited August 2009
    If you put STR on that genie, that can change. Unless u find out that STR on the genie don't work as well, i never tried it yet

Ive only added mag on my genie, and a little bit of vit as energy demands for cloud eruption are pretty high (150 energy at level1!) b:shocked.

Thing is, with solid shield I get 35% damage reduction for 10seconds. Then i cannot cast it again until another 50 odd seconds (higher energy cost genie needs to recharge). With wind shield, I get 30% damage reduction for 8 seconds,but the energy cost is less so I can cast it again almost immediately. So I get 2 casts (16 seconds of damage reduction) before genie recharges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duhban
    duhban Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    having thought alot about it this I think will be my final genie skills:

wind shield
    tree of protection (debating leveling it too much though)
    relentless courage

and then either alpha male or holy path ( or maybe I will get alpha male and make a travel genie.......)
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my Zeal genie got this atm:

Zeal start skill. To lure mobs, or a boss out a bunch of mobs.

Tree of Protection. to heal yourself when cleric is sleeping or you are soloing and get too many hits to let your pots recover your hp when u dont wanna use a charm.

Solid Shield. to get more Deff. i know Invoke of the Spirit is better but sometimes ur out of chi or u solo a boss/fb and venomancer cant give u sparks than than its nice to have
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FroZenTigeR - Harshlands
    FroZenTigeR - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Which is the best genie for barb?
    Which u recommend and WHY ?
  • DeathFury - Harshlands
    DeathFury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    learn ToP and solid shield...it can help u in many ways
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tanks are supposed to keep the other party members from receiving damage. so best skills IMO for BH,GV,etc(i have them all except for absolute domain that i still need 2 more affinity points)
    Solid Shield
    Absolute domain
    alpha male

if you have a lucky genie you might consider Holy path too for GV, or quick running TT-1.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well it depends on if you want a tanking skill or attack skill. personally i have a tanking genie and an attacking genie. I would get the lvl 6 or 7 genie skill, don't remember name. it's on far left lvl 6 or 7 genie skill, and can only be learned by barbs/bms.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • DRI - Dreamweaver
    DRI - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Top - no comments here,
    Wind shield - its better than solid, can cast it 3 times in row resulting in 27 sec of dmg reduction + added attack speed,
    True emptiness - its both good for pve and pvp:at lvl 7 i one shot flying arcanes with it;in pve the shield can take up quite dmg and u can recast that skill without full energy u still get the shield.Having 2 magic shields at your disposal is quite handy,
    Earthflame - i find it very usefull to pull and intercept at the same time,wont change that skill ever.
    If my genie luck will be geting alpha male - its secondary effect is quite useful in all situations.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i use , ToP, Solidshield, Holy Path, Alpha Male and Earthquake to Interrupt Bosses
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My Genie is a Str/Vit Combo.. its super pro imo. b:laugh

Essential to Barbs
    Solid Shield
    Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain

My other personal favorites
    True Emptiness
    Holy Path
    Extreme Poison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    my genie has ToP,solid schield and some junk skill i gotta delete
    and stil has 2 free places
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For PvP: I know that ToP is a must, but why does no one say whirlwind? For Pk build barb stunning should be very important, especially if you can stun lock a BM, Think Occult ice, Mighty Swing(Barb skill), Whirlwind? For single target PvP, extreme poison, especially if you are a dex or str build barb, right? Now chaining genie skills means stating them little crappers like a pro, but Occult Ice->Penetrate Armour->Extreme Poison->Beastial Onslaught/Armageddon=win?
  • Aznchristmas - Harshlands
    Aznchristmas - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    my Genie Is A Str/vit Combo.. Its Super Pro Imo. B:laugh

essential To Barbs
    Solid Shield
    Tree Of Protection
    Absolute Domain

my Other Personal Favorites
    True Emptiness
    Holy Path
    Extreme Poison

SHHHH JUGG that skill is our secret
  • haxorr
    haxorr Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Heya,

I also suggest tossing in a DD type skill. A lot of your game time is going to be spent grinding mobs, so you might as well add in a genie skill that makes that faster.

I'm only 35, but I use Blade of Flame (or whatever it's called). It can hit from a range, so helps with pulling. It also hits pretty hard (at my level) so helps me kill mobs significantly faster. While grinding, Blade probably does 25%-30% of the mobs hps. Can be a help when people are trying to kill-steal you or when fighting over wraith events.

Just a thought - think outside the box...

Haxorr,
    Dreamweaver.