9999 for all classes?

Laycious - Heavens Tear
Laycious - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I've had a few ideas of some 9999 boutique items for other classes, and I'd like to share them all with you, and maybe get them put into the game. First you might be thinking "No, we don't need anymore $200 items for players, the veno pets are enough!" But, give me the benefit of the doubt and listen to what I have to say.

Archers: The awesome item for this class would be unlimited arrows/bolts/shots for your bow/crossbow/slingshot. Just like the Battle Pet Packs, your character would have a chance to open 10-50 of one of these three items. Once you collected 9999 of one you could trade them in for an arrow that never runs out! That wold be great for barrage, now, wouldn't it? Also, the arrows could add a certain crit% and high damage output much higher than any bought arrows in-game.

Clerics: I'm almost positive this one will upset a few people, and others may think it is a great idea. The awesome item for clerics would be, what I like to call, Afterlife Orbs. Once you've collected 9999 of them, you would be granted the ability to res yourself from the dead. This would be great for party wipes inside TT's, FB's, etc.. How much exp you lose would be based on the level of your revive skill, just like if you were ressing another player.

Barbarians: No idea yet, sorry!
Wizards: No idea yet, sorry!
Blademasters: No idea yet, sorry!

As you can see, my ideas only go so far. If any of you have ideas for the other three classes, feel free to post them here, and if I like them I may put them into the intro post! Please comment on your thoughts about them, what you would do to better them, if you like them or not, etc.. I'd love your input.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Laycious - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Clerics: if anything id want some sort of pvp use from my 200 dollars, 200 bucks seems like a waste to me just to be able to rez urself. You can do that fro free if you just ask your faction for a cleric rez.
  • Laycious - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I agree, but I couldn't think of anything else, seeing as I am not a cleric myself xD I don't know too much about them.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Cleric would be invincible with it. Die and they rise again. That would mke them too overpowered in PvP.
    Now might as well go for the gold:
    Barbarian: infinite defence armor, reduce all physical damage to 1.
    Wizard: auto-crit pataka, make all attack have 100% crit rate
    Blademaster: stun gem: imbue to weapon to make all attack that deal physical damage to cause 100% stun to target.
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ilystah wrote: »

O_O b:dirty

i liky this idea. i see no need for LA wizards anymore b:victoryb:bye

but a 9x pure wiz with 100% crit would be very scary in a TW or even in pvp.

I vote yes for this one.
    OmgPwnage
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i wouldnt pay 200$ to res myself and i can't even farm money for it as easy as veno can
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The idea for archers is terrible. I can spend 50k and not have to buy bolts for a week. Bolts are so cheap and you can have so many of them that this idea is terrible.

Unless the unlimited arrows had like +15% crit rate or something like that.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Ebrithiill - Lost City
    Ebrithiill - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the archer idea is awesome :)
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The idea for archers is terrible. I can spend 50k and not have to buy bolts for a week. Bolts are so cheap and you can have so many of them that this idea is terrible.

Unless the unlimited arrows had like +15% crit rate or something like that.

How about instead of infinite arrows, archers get an item (a new type of quiver maybe) that boosts your hit rate to 95% for any arrow you use.

Clerics should get a way to restore MP, other than charms, pots, and apoth items. Maybe something like an item that gives them the ability to put an item in (like a pot or a mat or something), and it turns that items directly into MP, with the amount changing depending on what item is put in (a pot would give more than a mat for example).

Barbarians could have a sort of item that helps attract the attention of mobs. It makes the barb's skills and attacks hold aggro twice as well, for twice as long, so that only a higher level DD that's going all out is able to shake aggro from the barb.

Wizards could get a 'chi reducer' that helps them deal with the massive chi drain they have. It could reduce the amount of chi required for their spells by 50%.

Sorry BMs. I got nothing in mine for you guys b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Barb needing aggro b:chuckle seriously your a lazy barb if you need to spend 200 for it... Try Accuracy more then likely your just missing.

Honestly one of the only things I'd pay 200 US for would be Unlimited HP charm (lasts forever and always fires at 45%) Not going to happen. Other thing would be the Warsoul weapon.

As to clerics I'd bet they'd do it for a Mana charm like the HP charm.
    All casters would go for a -20 - 50% channeling item

For Archers yeah those arrows better be like +135 dmg +10% accuracy +1-5% crit then I could see them buying it.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Blademasters would get weapon blessing which doubles the size of their weapon and gives +20 to their range b:chuckle
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How about instead of infinite arrows, archers get an item (a new type of quiver maybe) that boosts your hit rate to 95% for any arrow you use.

An item that gives you 95% hit rate? Why would I pay that much to lower my hit rate? I already have over 95% unless I'm fighting another archer or someone with a ton of dex.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Laycious - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Cleric would be invincible with it. Die and they rise again. That would mke them too overpowered in PvP.
    Blademaster: stun gem: imbue to weapon to make all attack that deal physical damage to cause 100% stun to target.

You say the clerics would be overpowered? Compared to your ideas, I don't think the clerics would be the overpowered ones in my book xD A weapons that ALWAYS stuns would be completely unfair in pvp, and defense armor for barbs that makes them only get hit for 1? They would be invincible!

As for what you all are saying about archers, I think something extra to the arrows would make them much more handy. Not just an increased crit% but maybe add some dex/vit or some increase in damage. That would be awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You say the clerics would be overpowered? Compared to your ideas, I don't think the clerics would be the overpowered ones in my book xD A weapons that ALWAYS stuns would be completely unfair in pvp, and defense armor for barbs that makes them only get hit for 1? They would be invincible!

As for what you all are saying about archers, I think something extra to the arrows would make them much more handy. Not just an increased crit% but maybe add some dex/vit or some increase in damage. That would be awesome!

Since cleric is overpowered, I make suggestion to make other class overpowered as well to balance it out. No point in always stun if the cleric can just revive herself after dead. Barb is already near invencible with charm, now it is not so far from that.

As about archer, I think we can add a sharp tooth bow that deal damage depend on the target's HP.

Wizard get the short end of the stick, as usual and expected.
  • Tartara - Dreamweaver
    Tartara - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think the cleric idea is actually usuable to an extent. There could be like a 1 hour cooldown timer on it or 2 hours or whatever.

The infinite arrow idea, ridiculous. Someone else said it, they are cheap. 50K can buy arrows for a week. And some arrows already have something added to it. Actually, I think they all do. Maybe if they had something to add a "blazing or freezing" effect, it may be playable to pay maybe 10 times the normal amount.

Barbs, perhaps there could be some sort of added dexterity to them. That is my best idea for a barb but nothing to extensive except add some dex somehow other than statting for it.

BM's, I love the idea of BM's just as they are. They can wear light or heavy armor. They can wear high magic defense or high physical defense. They are very diverse when you build them correctly.

Wizard, they already have insane amount of damage. Maybe they could figure in a way they werent so squishy while fighting physical mobs. Maybe add an ability at level 100 or so that gives you a shield like they already have but gives better HP regen, better MP regen but would only be half of what the other two shields do with an added physical defense. May make them a bit over powered, but there is always someone complaining about any class.

I will even add venos, they dont need ideas. They dont need anything more. They have everything. My veno can grind on level 58 mobs when she was level 44... Overpowered much?The only idea I could come up with which would make people upset, would be that they can tame a style of mount they can use which again, could be overpowered.

All in all, each class has its ups and its downs. Venos, have ups.... Just not exactly a down.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2009

no offense but are you high? that type of stuff would make some one with a warsoul say DAMN i dont wanna get on your bad side. stuff like that would cost at least 8 times more than a warsoul, its just too OP.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    too be honest i like the idea for clerics, its happened to me before, only cleric u die, and have to run all the way back to your squad it can be a pain. the good will use it when they have to, the bad will just go in front of a world boss to get a kick when the rez them selves over and over...
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited August 2009

im not gonna say anything offensive but...

umm...yeah. >.>

barbs would require over 10k hits to die, bms can kick almost everyone's ****(except barb apparently), wizards can 1 hit anyone(except barb, once again), and what do venos get lol. a regular pet that is generally more useful than tamed pets -_-
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • KamalloKhan - Heavens Tear
    KamalloKhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i think that making the veno pets weaker and then allowing the purchase of ulti weps for all classes would be better
    we r gonna leave all the people who dont use in game cash in the dust if we start makin all the char invincible
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Barb needing aggro b:chuckle seriously your a lazy barb if you need to spend 200 for it... Try Accuracy more then likely your just missing.
    wtf u talkin about? accuracy is fine with Blood Bath. wut we barbs need is magic defense!

and Kama is right, all these items are too big, even for $200. its like placing Goku from DBZ in the show Ranma 1/2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    An item that gives you 95% hit rate? Why would I pay that much to lower my hit rate? I already have over 95% unless I'm fighting another archer or someone with a ton of dex.

that is bs lol

Edit: whoops sorry. i thought u said CRITICAL hit rate lol. but you are right, 95% HIT RATE for archers is bs
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Nokia_Jade - Heavens Tear
    Nokia_Jade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I love the archer/arrow idea. $200 up front and then never have to worry about it again? Throughout the entire span of the game it would be worth it. Arrows are a necessity that no other class has to pay for, and that's why it's useful. Venos pay $200 to feed their pets because that's a necessity no other class has to pay for.

And then you'd never have to worry about running out of arrows...running to town to get them...while you're using barrage....

Love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wizard 100% crit...b:dirty
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm... I'm a wizard and I think 100% critical is ridiculously too strong lol.

I agree with what was said before, maybe something to help them survive, like an invisibility skill... Still squishy, but hard to target. Or maybe a teleportation thing, makes you teleport instantly anywhere for free with a very short cooldown (very useful in WQ).

I don't think these skills should make a player unbeatable. They should be fun perks that help.
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    exent wrote: »
    Hmm... I'm a wizard and I think 100% critical is ridiculously too strong lol.

I agree with what was said before, maybe something to help them survive, like an invisibility skill... Still squishy, but hard to target. Or maybe a teleportation thing, makes you teleport instantly anywhere for free with a very short cooldown (very useful in WQ).

I don't think these skills should make a player unbeatable. They should be fun perks that help.

Riddiculously too strong? and Hercule? Barb defense, wizard attack... this is riddiculously...
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm really hoping that this thread is a joke.... it is right? b:surrender

Stuff like this would make people who can't afford it not want to play.... at least from what i've read so far :P

Wizard with 100% crit? Way overpowered.... at least with the veno's pets they have to feed them... I'm on a pvp server and i think that more things like this would make pvp incredibly one sided :(
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    blackcid4 wrote: »
    Riddiculously too strong? and Hercule? Barb defense, wizard attack... this is riddiculously...

Yes, ridiculously too strong. Wizards are already the strongest hitters, permanently doubling their attack power would be insane.

I'm not saying that hercs and phoenix aren't over powered already. I just don't think the solution is to overpower anyone who has enough to money to afford it.
  • pwnmato
    pwnmato Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe not, because then the game would be impossible to pvp unless you pay real money. imagine a 9999 vs a normal guy...COME ON...b:bye
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A 100% crit pure robe wiz would be able to one shot barbs easily. Any barb would be able to tank a nix's bleed easily.

Nix is not OP at all compared to those screwball ideas you kids came up with.b:embarrass

It will freeze TW map forever, by making it impossible to get catapult far enough to attack.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I say give everyone access to the ice nix ^^...since this thread is obviously a joke.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:chuckle Why don't we just allow people to pay to harness the powers of a GM? b:shocked
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....