Necklace opinion

Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
* Before anything, just wanna be clear that im considering end-game pvp gear *

Ok, so, necklaces. Wanted opinion from high lv archers about some options. I've seen many archers choosing gear which gives extra stats (+dex or +str which can be reallocated into dex). Would that +5% hp +7str item be the best necklace for an archer for end-game? Im just asking cuz i came across a +14 str necklace, so i was wondering which of the 2 would be better.

Considering a 6k HP archer (5% = +300 hp), the options are a +300 hp +7 dex or a +14 dex necklace. So:
A) Which of those 2 would you choose?
B) Are there better items at 90~100?

Any info is appreciated :)
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'd do the HP because 7 dex isn't going to matter endgame, once you're Sage or Demon. (Unless you're that close to a crit %. Then I'd take the other one for kicks and giggles.)

But this is coming from a carebear newb, so feel free not to take me too seriously. I'm just going off what I know from forum lurking. o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    * Before anything, just wanna be clear that im considering end-game pvp gear *

Ok, so, necklaces. Wanted opinion from high lv archers about some options. I've seen many archers choosing gear which gives extra stats (+dex or +str which can be reallocated into dex). Would that +5% hp +7str item be the best necklace for an archer for end-game? Im just asking cuz i came across a +14 str necklace, so i was wondering which of the 2 would be better.

Considering a 6k HP archer (5% = +300 hp), the options are a +300 hp +7 dex or a +14 dex necklace. So:
    A) Which of those 2 would you choose?
    B) Are there better items at 90~100?

Any info is appreciated :)

imo:

Sky Demon's. If you can afford it, go for Giant Strength. If you want an even better alternative, I'd go TT99 gold pdef necklace and belt for the -interval.
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sky demon can give you 8 dex. As a pure dex archer I think the 200-300 hp is barley worth the trade off. Especially since I wouldn't be able to make it to 31% crit with just a few extra dex.

Even as a hardcore dex advocate there comes a point that you cant ignore a huge HP boost.
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    imo:

Sky Demon's. If you can afford it, go for Giant Strength. If you want an even better alternative, I'd go TT99 gold pdef necklace and belt for the -interval.

Sky Demon's is now affordable for a lot of people with the new patch they updated the price to about 2.1m for mold ( 33 chips and like 600k considering chips are 50k each )The sky demon is really good giving you tons of p.def ( even more if you refine, which you should since it's pretty endgame )5% extra hp this will help a lot if your pure dex since we usually lack hit points unless you have full +5 at lvl 8x. Also Nelanther is right with that 7-8 str bonus you can hit the 94 str you need for lvl 90 and invest the rest into dex giving you the extra 7-8 dex.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sky Demon's is now affordable for a lot of people with the new patch they updated the price to about 2.1m for mold ( 33 chips and like 600k considering chips are 50k each )The sky demon is really good giving you tons of p.def ( even more if you refine, which you should since it's pretty endgame )5% extra hp this will help a lot if your pure dex since we usually lack hit points unless you have full +5 at lvl 8x. Also Nelanther is right with that 7-8 str bonus you can hit the 94 str you need for lvl 90 and invest the rest into dex giving you the extra 7-8 dex.

I know he can afford it. Read more carefully.

"Sky Demon's. If you can afford it, go for Giant Strength..."

Was actually a seperate point. Affordable comment was for Giant Strength. Though those two would just be a toss up b/w 7-8 stats for better pdef overall.

If you're going for high 90s then I believe you should look into the TT99 gold HA ornament "set".