I just can't decide wich genie lamp. Please help me!

xdockyx
xdockyx Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
im making a pure dex archer and i wanted to know wot is the best genie to help me in PVP and wot skills to get with it. I know this is stupid but lol i realy wana know^^

thanks for all your suggestions and help and remember i wana know the best PVP based genie.

thanks everyone
xDockyx's the man! b:cool
Post edited by xdockyx on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I use Longevity because it starts with 15 Dex and that increases the time genie buffs last. I have my genie full of buffs because I find it handy in tight situations. However for PvP you may want to choose Infliction because then you can teach it Thunderstorm and that's crazy handy against heavy classes. Relentless Courage coupled with a spark is deadly too. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Infliction, or whatever the purple genie is. that one is the best. it has 15 str, pump it all into str. mine is level 42 and it has like... 67 str. use thunderstorm (it takes like 7 fire attribute thingies) and it hits like 1k on my level BMs and barbs. (does even more with thunder shock) its crazy good and for me it has a 13% chance to crit
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Depends on what you want it for.

solo PvP, Group PvP, PvE, etc.

I got the Zeal genie, you need to get at least 40 points into Mag, for the 4th skill slot

I'm going to be rebuilding mine later however.

The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Vit one. Many powerful skill require a bunch of MP so your max MP have to be higher than that.
  • xdockyx
    xdockyx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i want a solo PV genie plz tell me
  • Linxxi - Lost City
    Linxxi - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In my opini
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm using 2 type of genies in PvP: Infliction (Str) and Zeal (Mgc).

Infliction or "red genie" starts off with a 15 str bonus which is greatly useful later on for thunderstorm, no doubt the best attack to pick off BM/Barb on the ground (hits for 4k+ at lvl 80 with your metal debuff). You can also throw in few more other skills like Rumbling Thunder ( does about 2/3 dmg of the Thunderstorm in the air only ).
    The stats you want to achieve mainly for this genie is 12 vitality and the rest in str ( ignore dex/magic )and the affinities are 7 fire for thunderstorm and the other skills is completely your choice.

The second genie that is really useful is Zeal or "yellow genie" it starts off with 15 magic making it great for learning mutiple skills (up to 5 or more at lvl 80+) and it has INCREDIBLE regeneration speed ( about x2-3 times what a pure str genie has) So it's good for spamming skills during long battles or PvE situation. This type of genie should mainly focus on defensive skills making you very hard to kill. I recommend having Holy Path / Tree of Protection / Blood clot as the basic skills but you can choose others as you move on. There's multiple combination of build you can make for this genie but i currently use a 5 skill based one it seems to work well for me: 80 magic the rest in vit . To be honest I find the Dex for self buff genies quite useless it's true it makes the skill a bit better but i find it more useful to have multiple skills and be able to spam them.

Also at 40 magic you get to learn 4 skills, 50 magic your regen speed will be upgraded to 2 energy/sec and at 80 magic you get 5 skills and a 2.6 regen speed.

In PvP these 2 genies are quite useful the Infliction is mainly vs HA ( Bm/Wb ) and the Zeal genie is great for survival saving you tons of dolls。 b:bye

P/S try getting a good genie ( one with a lot of lucky points, because each lucky points gives you 1 extra stat to invest -> VERY useful for str genies ) not to mention at 61+ lucky points it makes your genie look very hot ( final form -> except for the discipline (white) it's basically the same as the basic one you get but multiply the size by 3 with a gentle snowy trail )
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i had a pwnful metal genie until the gm's nerfed it >.>
    now i use a lvl 45 zeal at 40 mag for the 4th skill and better energy recovery

have
    tree of life lvl 4
    blinding sand lvl 10 <--70% accuracy debuff for 10 seconds lol no melee is hitting me before never mind after this lol
    earth strand = 2 sec immobolize (3 sec with genie stats pimped)
    earthquake <---pve skill good for fb mobs has a 10 metre knockback and chance to stop casting

basically just a debuff spammer that can regen energy real quick
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if you plan to get only 4 genie skills, discipline will be your best bet.

relentless courage and ToP are a must

I strongly recommend holy path for its usefulness in getting away, going to save someone, just making a long walk shorter.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^