BH (Non-Tabbed) run

MiKaeLo - Sanctuary
MiKaeLo - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I wanna see everyone's opinion on this one, like mentioned No-Tab fb run, ofcourse if it's tabbed then the tabber gets all drops and ofcourse tebber provides wine unless someone somewhere is nice enough to provide wine off the goodness of their heart b:chuckle
Post edited by MiKaeLo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Biomehanika - Sanctuary
    Biomehanika - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, In my opinion the person who provides the wine gets the drops or decides the distribution of the items. However, if it is an even share of the wine mats, perhaps random distribution is the best option.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Most BH runs I've done have been on random distro because everyone pinched in wine mats or cash.

However, a few times one person would cover the wines, and the rest of squad gave up 3* and molds in that case without the person who wined it it even asking, which I must say is a really nice gesture, one I agree with.

Heck, I agree more with this than the **** molds-to-tabber-while-they-sit-on-their-****-doing-nothing policy.
    b:dirty
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'd say it depends on the situation and who it is. They way I do it is to go with close friends/guildies, but if I get the mats for the wine I won't be expecting to automatically get the molds and 3* items. I'd share them around naturally

If it was a group of random people and I made the wine, I'd like to get the either the molds or the 3* items if they dropped. Everything else is a free for allb:victory

Most people I've seen will agree with that
  • Hoer - Harshlands
    Hoer - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    To date i payed for all my BH wines the 3* i say can go to the 1 that picks it up, but the mold i would want.

My opinion
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heck, I agree more with this than the **** molds-to-tabber-while-they-sit-on-their-****-doing-nothing policy.

Since giving you access to easy exp and rep, as well as typically providing the wines to their run is "doing nothing" ...?

But I digress.

In my guild we (like others) typically either:

i) Give molds and ☆☆☆ to wine supplier

ii) We split material cost of wines, mold drops are given to banker to sell and split

iii) We split material cost of wines, if someone wants the mold they just drop the coin cost on the ground and pick it up, and the game auto-divides everyone's share
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would say that wine is the equivalent of the FB tabs. So winer = tabber imo. Surely if they spend the time collecting the mats or the money buying the mats they should decide on how to distribute the drops.

I have had parties when we all paid towards the wines and split, winer has kept drops and even winer has split drops. My only concern is doing BH with people you don't know just like an FB. There is no guarentee that the people you party with will follow the rules set before the start and I am sure that some mold stealing will take place. I haven't seen or heard this happen thanks to PWI having a great community but I am sure it will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually, I think the wine supplier should be rewarded, for example with the mold of his choice when serveral, the first dropped or all ***... but that's not as much as a tabbed FB.
    Then, all 3* and molds is a bit too much. You miss an option in your poll, between the "tabber rule" and the unwined classic random.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Seems more useful to do non-tabbed FB runs and have people do their card bosses during the run. Though this mostly would work with a structured group, faction or not.

What's funny is seeing tabbers asking for all drops, someone else to wine, and offering not much of anything nowadays :) Now people can just ignore them, and get the xp and mold run chances for even more xp than if they had helped the tabber. Eventually, maybe the ones demanding help will start realizing how little their tab means. Course, then they will flip it and call it high player greed, not paying attention to how the tabbers greed caused help to dry up.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since giving you access to easy exp and rep, as well as typically providing the wines to their run is "doing nothing" ...?

Xp is ****. Rep is decent (especially in the higher level fbs). They don't always provide wines. If they don't, I refuse to hand over any drops and make it clear from the start. If they're being pricks about it I'll leave squad right there and then.
    If they do, and the rules are made clear, I go with it because I need 600 more rep for rank 5, but I still think it's a **** rule.
    And yes, I consider following the squad from a safe distance without ever firing off a single spell during the entire fb as "doing nothing". Better yet if they dive head first into a boss aoe after being told 3 times to stay back.
    If they actually put some effort in (like say a lvl70 barb tanking his own fb70) not only would I give him any and all molds I may get, I'd give them the awesome-sauce award as well.
    There's a line between help and abuse. You won't ever see ANYONE running fb89/99 with all 3*/mold/apo pages/skill books to tabber.
    Sure, they can call a mold if they provide wine or get a 3* or an apo page to cover wine fees if none drop. Books are usually done by class. Rest is on random or need before greed basis and you can forget about hogging everything for yourself.
    I don't view 69 or 79 as any different is all. I've done good fbs with good tabbers, some of which only called what they can use and everyone was more than happy to give it to them.
    Then you have the annoying pricks who refuse to even cover the wine and then have the nerve to ask for all drops, sometimes including even DQ and white items.

But I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. To each their own I guess.
    b:dirty
  • MiKaeLo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I appreciate your opinions on this one, just that yesterday I WC that I'm squading for BH run and mentioned (wine=molds/3*) *my mistake of not mentioning Non-Tabbed run, so I got pms for invites and apparently one wants to tab it so we agreed on that person getting all drops and ofcourse she provided wine for the run but I got 1 just one pm flamming me for my WC.

I noticed someone (don't worry I won't mention who) disagrees, could you kindly tell us your reason, thank you.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Person doing wine should split the cost to the group, if you spend 240k for wines for example, as is typical for FB69 on DW, a squad of 6 means 40k per person. Have each person give the one that covered the wines 40k (or mats equal to 1/6 of what's needed for wine) and do random loot.

Alternatively, give molds and 3* to the one providing the wine, they're still going to take a hit to their pocketbook most likely. If someone is going along and tabbing it, that's just bonus exp... at the very most if there's a tabber and someone else provided wine, 1/3 to tabber.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    For me its (most of the time) either one of the two:

1.) One person makes the wine and we (other 5 members) give him/her say 50k each to cover wine costs. Then drop is set on random and whoever gets the item (3*, 1*, mold, whatever) can keep it.

2.) One person wines and keeps all the 3* and molds.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • MiKaeLo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for all the inputs.

Still no comments from people who disagree b:cry
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have a question about the wines themselves.

Do you need one wine per player in the squad?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We usually do it split so molds and 3 stars are random. Sometimes when I rush I provide the wine, but since i want a fast squad I make that a random split too (rare times tho)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Moonieyue - Dreamweaver
    Moonieyue - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my BH usually fb79 or 89 and like someone said before,

for fb79 we split the mats, everyone give me 20 mats (5 of each mats) and i make the wines, mold - sell and split, 3stars just random.
    for fb89 BH we never wine it since its eden and mostly my squad want to farm apo page too, still, mold - sell and split (put it in AH if u have no time for catshop), skill book, give it to someone who need it, if that skill book worth enough (like true form for barb, sell and split) so, its fair for everyone in squad.

and so far - everyone agrees with this.

if we get a tabber and he provide the wines, we just do it like normal FB, tabber = drops. If my squad wined it, then its just like i mention above. its easy, if the tabber doesnt agree then find another squad to help u.
    I'm a cleric.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I prefer random distribution as I try to pay my share for wines as well.
    But there is a lot of people who run BH and give modl/3* to Winer.
    Well, but it depends on people running, rules for drops are set before we go in fb instance.
    I kill things b:victory
  • MiKaeLo - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    So in conclusion to this poll:

Winer = mold/3* or whoever in squad pitched in for wine (mats or coins) drops will split to only the people who provided (unless ofcourse everyone pitched in which the drops would be random or sold to split amongst squad members) this all goes under Winer = mold/3* so I don't know why some people disagreed and stating this point which basically agreeing to the first option.

Thanks everyone for all the inputs! b:victory
  • vendie
    vendie Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    we've had BH were we used no wine and we got a mold...XD

loot distribution was set to random and ... the mold went to the tank.. he asked us how we are going to split it up and i said "the tanker gets the mold"

nobody complained... so i think he deserved the drop XD

am i incorrect or what? i dont really care XD
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I almost always leave my group set to random distro period but I follow the tabber/winer gets molds/3* and any other items they want if possible to give. Anything else helps to pay for repairs of those that helped...if it can.
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have a question about the wines themselves.

Do you need one wine per player in the squad?

No, but from fb 39 and above you need 2 wines.

In my opinion the tabber gets the boss drops. Tabs are ment for bosses, not the mobs inside. So if I get a darkness stamp from a mob and tabber asks if he can get it, I just simply say no. But if tabber gets 3 molds from 1 run you just sit there being jealous, but let the tabber have them.

When doing BH we just fight towards the drop hoping to get it (when unwined) really funny sometimes b:chuckle But sometimes the tanker or the person who does the most gets the mold.

If it is wined the person who got the wine gets to pick the best drops.

I've noticed lately some tabbers are just scared, and dont even attack a single mob..even when someone gets agro and almost dies (thats when they run away....) even the barbs o.O When you say hug wall, they run into the group mobs you desperate try to avoid... (rambo types) and when everyone is dead they complain that they died.
    Just miss the old days when the tabbers just fight along with the group and you dont even notice there is a low lvl. But its really funny if you think of it after...!!!b:laugh during fb its like @#@*($&($#b:angry but after its like ROFLMFAOb:chuckle
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well right now I get assigned either FB59 or FB69. If I get 59 then a lot of times I will do it unwined for darkness stamps, in which case it's random distribution of course.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • bhabes
    bhabes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, but from fb 39 and above you need 2 wines.

In my opinion the tabber gets the boss drops. Tabs are ment for bosses, not the mobs inside. So if I get a darkness stamp from a mob and tabber asks if he can get it, I just simply say no. But if tabber gets 3 molds from 1 run you just sit there being jealous, but let the tabber have them.

When doing BH we just fight towards the drop hoping to get it (when unwined) really funny sometimes b:chuckle But sometimes the tanker or the person who does the most gets the mold.

If it is wined the person who got the wine gets to pick the best drops.

I've noticed lately some tabbers are just scared, and dont even attack a single mob..even when someone gets agro and almost dies (thats when they run away....) even the barbs o.O When you say hug wall, they run into the group mobs you desperate try to avoid... (rambo types) and when everyone is dead they complain that they died.
    Just miss the old days when the tabbers just fight along with the group and you dont even notice there is a low lvl. But its really funny if you think of it after...!!!b:laugh during fb its like @#@*($&($#b:angry but after its like ROFLMFAOb:chuckle

This is a BH NON-TABBED poll & Stamps can't be traded or dropped...