TW Predictions 08/14/09 -- 8/16/09

Options
Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Etherblade (West)
*sluggishly drags himself into the station, sitting at the DJ console and rubbing his temples* Ugh...I don't wanna do this...that was some party last night, and I don't think I can bend my leg that way ever aga--what's that...? I hit the on switch? *looks down* OH ****!! *stammers* Erm, uh, um...h-h-hey there, all you Heaven's Tear war fans, you! I'm your TW MC of HT, Konari Raiden, and I totally did not do anything illegal last night...maybe. b:sin

Anywhoodles! It's time for another week of Awesome-Sauce TW Predictions! And awaaaaaaay...we go!

DISCLAIMER: All predictions made are the sole opinion of Konari Raiden, and should not be attributed to any other player, faction, or group, unless otherwise stated.

Friday, August 14th Territory Wars

Evolution attacking Radiance
Hehe...so it seems Evolution is born again! Under new leadership, and with a brand new faction color (remember, only REAL warriors wear hot pink!), they are hoping to regain what they had lost before! Though I have to say, I think it will be an uphill battle for them! This week, they are seeking to reclaim their precious Misfortune City; currently under Radiance's dominion. Will the newly-led Evolution prove their might? Or will Radiance's well-known ability for defense win out? This time...I think I'm gonna go with the facts that I'm sure of...and that's the fact that Radiance's defense is something fierce.

Victor: Radiance, in about one hour.

DrkRiders attacking Tao
I have to applaud the DrkRiders leader for his boldness! Finally, Tao gets some more defensive action today as the team from DrkRiders lauches a spirited strike on the strengthening Faction. I'm sure both sides are ready to give their best, and the experience learned from this battle will be invaluable to the growth of the DrkRiders Faction. Put ya gunz on-desu!!

Victor: Who's Victor? I know no Victor...just my cousin Vinnie. b:cute

Heatwave attacking Caesar
"A new challenger appears! You must crush them!" For those who don't know, that's a quote from the arcade game "Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millenium" (Great game, by the way, wonderful announcer commentary). Heatwave is hopin' to spark things on the HT map with an attack on Caesar! Though they seem quite small now, every big Faction had to start somewhere, right? And even though I don't think Heatwave is quite up to snuff just yet...like I've always said and hoped, each smaller Faction should grow into a strong, formidable one!

Victor: Caesar, in about 20 minutes.

Enlighten attacking Tien
Ah...I knew this was coming. The lower-right corner of the map has started to fight with themselves, which will probably mean lots of land-swapping for weeks to come. This will be very entertaining to watch, and will almost be another sort of mini-TW weekend in itself! Starting off this miniscule mayhem is Enlighten's attack on Tien! Enlighten and Tien seem to be the two big factors in the lower-right corner of the map, as they've taken out Triad and expanded very nicely! However, these two were destined to clash, and it's finally begun! Today, Enlighten hopes to expand even further, possibly dominating the corner! Is it possible? Definitely. Will they succeed? Given Enlighten's strength and record...I think they have a good chance.

Victor: Enlighten, in a little under one hour.

Saturday, August 15th Territory Wars

Tao attacking Enrage
It's finally come to a head! Tao's fairly obvious strategy of taking over City of a Thousand Streams has finally reached it's boiling point! From its humble beginnings, to its steady growth and challenging hardships, all for this one weekend! Tao's sure to give more than its all, and I'm sure they're hoping that Enrage does the same! We all know that Enrage won't go down without a fight, right? ...right...? They'd better...or this reporter'll...will...I dunno what, but it'll be some form of RAGE action... b:victory

Victor: "This battle is about to explode!" -- Capcom Vs SNK 2 Announcer ಢ_ಢೂ

Caesar attacking Enrage
And our second (as expected) attacker against Enrage this weekend is none other than our fighters in cyan, Caesar! Still expanding, still growing stronger, I'm sure! I don't really know what to say about this battle...but if my hunch is correct, and Enrage still decides to go full-frontal defense against Tao as they do most every weekend, Caesar will be getting a fairly easy ride to the crystal...and seeing as how that's been the case for a while...I'm gonna stick with it.

Victor: Caesar, in less than 15 minutes.

Radiance attacking Enrage
Well...what can I say here that hasn't already been said in the Caesar prediction...? Again, I say Enrage will stick to gunning for Tao, thus giving Radiance pretty much a free ride, as well...enjoy the victory, I guess.

Victor: Radiance, in under 15 minutes.

Stealth attacking Enlighten
Ahh...!! What a battle this one is going to be! This is my vote of the "Headline TW" of the week! But it's not just the Stealth/Enlighten battle; it's the whole three-way defense of Enlighten against three Factions! This will be a true test of their power, and if they successfully defend all three Factions, then it's solid proof that Enlighten will be here to stay for a good, long while! We know they can take two on at once...and I'm sure they can defend against Stealth if they really keep at it!

Victor: Enlighten, in about 45 minutes.

Assault attacking Enlighten
...however, Assault may be another story. If Enlighten tried to defend all three Factions, I forsee this as being their biggest challenger. Assault has already lasted fairly long against Radiance, and against a still up-and-coming Faction like Enlighten, they may have a fairly good chance. Sorry, Enlighten, but event the biggest Factions may still have a hard time with three-way ganks. I suggest you do a "One for Two", and at least keep two territories while giving up a land for now...but I'm sure you'll still try to keep all of them saved...best of luck to ya, Enlighten...hopefully you won't need it.

Victor: Assault, in...well, I can't really think of a time prediction for this one...it's too hazy. Sorry. b:cute

Tien attacking Enlighten
Our third attacker of the lime-green Faction will be their new, yellow rival, Tien. Both Enlighten and Tien great potential and strength, and I'm sure both want to call themselves the ruler of the southeast corner...but Enlighten seems to have an edge on them, just a bit...if Enlighten can work that to their advantage even further, they will probably claim victory in this defense...let's keep our eyes peeled!

Victor: Enlighten, in about an hour.

Enrage attacking Evolution
Hehehe...I can't help but laugh at this one. Not laughing at any particular Faction, but just the story behind it all. Last week, after Evolution succesfully took one of Enrage's lands fairly easily, a little bit of trash-talk erupted over the World Chat, asking Evolution why they didn't stay and wait for Enrage, like they supposedly said they would. Hate to say it...but things happen, and people stab others in the back all the time...I should know; my back's got more holes in it than a human made out of swiss cheese after lying down on a bed of nails...wait, what? Well, anyways, seeing as how I know Enrage still has a good fight in them, and Evolution is still trying to regroup itself a bit...I'm gonna give this one to Enrage. I'm hoping to see a spectacluar performance for this last TW of the weekend!

Victor: Enrage, in about 1.5 hours.

And so ends another session of Konari Raiden's TW Predictions...be sure to tune in next time, where there's bound to be more drama, action, and excitement than ever before! Enjoy those Platinum **** Charms everyone...who totally called it in WC last night? That's right, I did.

ಥ_ಥ ...go me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
Post edited by Konariraiden - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Enrage attacking Evolution
    Hehehe...I can't help but laugh at this one. Not laughing at any particular Faction, but just the story behind it all. Last week, after Evolution succesfully took one of Enrage's lands fairly easily, a little bit of trash-talk erupted over the World Chat, asking Evolution why they didn't stay and wait for Enrage, like they supposedly said they would. Hate to say it...but things happen, and people stab others in the back all the time...I should know; my back's got more holes in it than a human made out of swiss cheese after lying down on a bed of nails...wait, what? Well, anyways, seeing as how I know Enrage still has a good fight in them, and Evolution is still trying to regroup itself a bit...I'm gonna give this one to Enrage. I'm hoping to see a spectacluar performance for this last TW of the weekend!

Victor: Enrage, in about 1.5 hours.

...somehow I don't see evo lasting an hour and a half against enrage b:chuckle when I was in it, at full strength the longest we lasted in a 1v1 was like, half an hour... and almost all their high levels are gone now.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ...somehow I don't see evo lasting an hour and a half against enrage b:chuckle when I was in it, at full strength the longest we lasted in a 1v1 was like, half an hour... and almost all their high levels are gone now.

Well, who knows? Maybe they'll just wait it out and have some fun...! More stunning of the catshops!!

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    who's evo leader now?
    and can I see picture of the tw map if possible b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    are'nt u underestimating tien and stealth? i dunno but i think tien isn't a guild to mess around with especially not enlighten

but i know out of experience that my predictions are always at the wrong end so :p guess you're right XD
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    are'nt u underestimating tien and stealth? i dunno but i think tien isn't a guild to mess around with especially not enlighten

but i know out of experience that my predictions are always at the wrong end so :p guess you're right XD

Remember, these predictions are solely my observations/educated guesses/random shots in the dark, so they can be wrong just as easily as anyone else's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ezux - Heavens Tear
    Ezux - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    who's evo leader now?

Associates with the request..b:thanks
    P.S. Havent logged on since 20th March '09 b:sad
  • Aesis - Heavens Tear
    Aesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    who's evo leader now?

BreathTaker

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/pw9103.jpg/

Use Konari's color coding to see who's who if needed.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    who's evo leader now?

http://www.plu.edu/~molnarja/img/picasso.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BreathTaker

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/pw9103.jpg/

Use Konari's color coding to see who's who if needed.

I b:heart my color coding. b:pleased

ಠ_ಠೊ EYE C WUT U DEED THAR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Konari you are really smart. Why the hell would Enrage defend 1k (extremely hard as it is already) at the cost of giving up 2 lands. When we know Tao would keep attacking 1k until they get it with Caesar and Rad continually on us?

We defended Tao so heartdely because we wanted to prevent Tao from reaching 1k knowing the overwhelming advantage of the 8 catas when we took Arch and 1k in the first place. No worries Enrage will bounce back after loss of 1k. And we will sure to enjoy our other TWs.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Konari you are really smart. Why the hell would Enrage defend 1k (extremely hard as it is already) at the cost of giving up 2 lands. When we know Tao would keep attacking 1k until they get it with Caesar and Rad continually on us?

We defended Tao so heartdely because we wanted to prevent Tao from reaching 1k knowing the overwhelming advantage of the 8 catas when we took Arch and 1k in the first place. No worries Enrage will bounce back after loss of 1k. And we will sure to enjoy our other TWs.

You'd better bounce back. I miss our Awesome-Sauce-Three-Hour-Adrenaline-Pumping-insert-other-manly-adjective-here TW's.

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Meh Enrage would sure to give each faction the best TW they can experience if only we didnt have to divide our forces every time. Thats the way it goes.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Meh Enrage would sure to give each faction the best TW they can experience if only we didnt have to divide our forces every time. Thats the way it goes.

*hands you a flaming ice whip* Use that to get those lazy members on for TW.

b:sin

THEN USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Remember, these predictions are solely my observations/educated guesses/random shots in the dark, so they can be wrong just as easily as anyone else's.

eh i love ure predictions.. when they go in my favor!!! b:laugh tien both fights bruah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
    edited August 2009
    Options
    eh i love ure predictions.. when they go in my favor!!! b:laugh tien both fights bruah.

Always lookin' forward to Enlighten and Tien's battles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Always lookin' forward to Enlighten and Tien's battles.

RAWR! me too :3
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nothing against them, but I think you're over estimating Enlighten a lot Konari. Especially in the 3-way defence. And I'm sure you also under estimated Assault lol

And Rad vs Evo and Evo vs Enrage I doubt will last as long as you put them.

Good predictions though and an interesting read :)
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    DANG IT EXO!
    HOW COME YOUR IN TIEN AND I'M NOT!
    WAHHHHH
    AND FUGE IS GOING TO WAR, SO DAT MEANS I HAVE TO GO TO HIS HOUSE TO WATCH.
    sighhhh
    oh well
    when im lvl 65 or something ill join
    b:sadb:sadb:sad
    say hello to everyone in tien
    from onlyjayy!
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what flick said.. u underestimated assault. i see couple of enrage members in there now. and quite a number of 9x too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes yes assualt underestimated... enlighten... eh.. tien... u should change ure perdictions next weekend b:victory

and jay...... *sarcasm* yeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... um... hi?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • BikerBOI - Heavens Tear
    BikerBOI - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol tien won
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It was a really good fight against Tien. They took us down in about 1 hour 20, but I'm sure that on another day when fighting closer to full strength we could win it. The damage of that many level 90+ Nix's is tough though.

Great fight Tien, looking forward to tomorrow ^^
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *sigh* I dunno if I'll do predictions next weekend...or even a wrap-up. I dunno...I just...feel like I've lost my touch. It shouldn't even be called TW Predictions...more like, "TW Wild Guesses based of the smallest inkling I see during my gameplay..."

...whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol @ Enrage & Evo 1.5 hours.

I bet around 30mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    sigh
    i just hope belial is going to war soon
    im missing out all the tien action while fudgecicle is enjoying it to the max
    b:cry
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the only way that evo will last 1 1/2 hrs is if enrage farms them for kills

... or the server goes down for an hour during tw
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It was a really good fight against Tien. They took us down in about 1 hour 20, but I'm sure that on another day when fighting closer to full strength we could win it. The damage of that many level 90+ Nix's is tough though.

Great fight Tien, looking forward to tomorrow ^^

b:angry god dammit isaphet ure a tank. QQ. and konari ure not losing ure touch, just dont no enough about these newer factions that poped on the map....

and jay... pls dont QQ on the forums.... ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *sigh* I dunno if I'll do predictions next weekend...or even a wrap-up. I dunno...I just...feel like I've lost my touch. It shouldn't even be called TW Predictions...more like, "TW Wild Guesses based of the smallest inkling I see during my gameplay..."

...whatever.
    Do what Hisui did and have a TW predictions chatroom. That way you can get other people's thoughts on how strong various factions are, before you make your own predictions.

Or put all your alts as spies in other guilds. xD
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Do what Hisui did and have a TW predictions chatroom. That way you can get other people's thoughts on how strong various factions are, before you make your own predictions.

Or put all your alts as spies in other guilds. xD

I won't do the latter, and the former...well, I guess I could try...but I wouldn't know when to set it up...I guess I could give it a shot, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    WOOO i am back gotta love double standards not that i can blame them for keeping u kona anyway my 2 cents

If enrage is smart they will send a full 80 to Caesar and the rest to Rad and if Caesar and Rad starts winning move full force into Rad to at least hold one land but i mean arent we all sick of Caesar getting free land

Ah the Evo fight i felt bad for evo because a faction that was once so strong didnt even build towers in their base b:sad

And the Enlighten fights well pretty simple i wouldnt be shocked if enlighten got wiped because all 3 factions bidding on them are very very strong.

And about a chat room its simple after TW bids close make a chatroom then WC and have ppl come in and discuss the TW map it was something fun to do

Didnt u guys miss me b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]