What's the most damage dealing spell my genie can have?

Llamue - Dreamweaver
Llamue - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
At genie level 15? In general? Any advice on how to raise up a damage dealing genie?

Also, is it wise to erase a genie's skills to try out new ones?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Ussta chi zhah jatha'ur taga dossta!
Post edited by Llamue - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• pezizgood
    pezizgood Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe the most damaging spell is Bramble Rage maxed, Genie level 99 (Metal 6 - Earth 6). It's an AoE spell that casts instantly and does 4263 Earth and Wood damage (triple damage to targets on the ground) and reduces CHi by 80 over 9 seconds. That's 12,789 damage without Strength bonus. Every point of Strength that you add to your genie gives it's spells 1% damage increase. So with by level 99 you should have at least 99 points to put into Strength. If you get a Strength Genie (Infliction I think) you start out with 15 Strength points. After putting 40 points into a genie you get diminishing returns. With a Strength Genie with 55 stength points, Bramble Rage will do 19,822 Damage. By level 99 (not accounting for lucky points) you probably wont do more than 22,636 damage. This damage can most likely be reduced with armor. I'm only level 66 and my armor gives me 63% rudction (Arcane Cleric). So by the time you get a genie to level 99, you will most likely be fighting other players with really good armor defences. Don't expect to 1 hit everyone with this spell.

I wouldn't worry getting damage spells with a level 15 genie. It wouldn't do much damage anyways.

Never unlearn a spell until you have "learned" it. I thought about getting rid of Earthflame until I found it it is great for pulling. Also, don't learn a spell if you don't know what it does because it costs gold to reset your Genie affinity points. And don't just figure it out as you go along. Plan what spells you want so you know what affinity points you need. Go to ecatomb to see all the Genie spells.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think he can max out Str for that skill, since Bramble Rage need a lot of MP to use so a bunch of point would be on Vit.
    OP: your question is quite unclear. You do not specify single target or multiple target. You also don't specify damage per use, damage per second, damage per cast time, damage per mana, or what??? Also, spell have different type of damage, depend on the target some damage would be more effective.
  • Llamue - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    So I should get rid of my Longevity and get an Infliction because Infliction's spells do more damage?
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Longevity genie is never meant for damage.
    Those that is good for damage is Discipline or Infliction.
  • Llamue - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I see where it says "decompose genie" but I don't see where I can buy a new genie. How do I get an Infliction genie?
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I see where it says "decompose genie" but I don't see where I can buy a new genie. How do I get an Infliction genie?

3 mirage celestones and pick the 'buy a genie part'
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited August 2009

buy a lvl 1 genie from another player, that's cheaper than using 3 mirages.

or make an alt and hope you get the genie you want on it.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!