Shatter Explained & FAQ

Comments

• Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hit "R" and there you go b:victory

Nup, flying and meditation emotes are under "E". Drag the icons back to the hotkeys and you'll have them back :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nup, flying and meditation emotes are under "E". Drag the icons back to the hotkeys and you'll have them back :)

Oh yeah.... that too b:chuckle
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the answers eatswithspoons
  • viktor13
    viktor13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello!

Thank you for the answer eatwithspoons ! I'm liez's brother. i want to transfer my character into this account.Can we make a new way to do it? And if i buy gold can you copy or transfer my character into this acccount? It's very important for me. Easily it can mean end of my carreer in PWI if it can't solvable.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    viktor13 wrote: »
    Hello!

Thank you for the answer eatwithspoons ! I'm liez's brother. i want to transfer my character into this account.Can we make a new way to do it? And if i buy gold can you copy or transfer my character into this acccount? It's very important for me. Easily it can mean end of my carreer in PWI if it can't solvable.

Nope. there is absolutely no way for us to do a transfer like that
  • viktor13
    viktor13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thank you for the answer . :(
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I got a question:
    When items get shattered, is it just 1 item or every item that can get shattered?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    I got a question:
    When items get shattered, is it just 1 item or every item that can get shattered?

the items shatter one at a time, they won't shatter all at once, at least that's not how I understand it. But yes, every item can be shattered eventually, even flying mounts.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the items shatter one at a time, they won't shatter all at once, at least that's not how I understand it. But yes, every item can be shattered eventually, even flying mounts.

b:shocked b:shocked b:shocked is there a way to prevent our FLYING MOUNTS from being shattered?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    @Centetric: sure there is... buy and keep a supply of guradian angels. lol. or u could keep enough mirages on hand to repair it when/if it does break :)

my question: with the change to safety lock, if someone were to turn on safety lock would it prevent equipped items and inventory things from dropping?
    or would it just prevent equipped items from dropping?
    or none of the above and only increase the chance of shattered gear? lol

P.S.: just went back n read thru ~pg 5 to here, and its nice to see a gm contributing to the forum, instead of it being an extreme rare event as its seemingly been
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Safety lock is *supposed* to prevent you from losing an item, ever.

(Think about what someone who gets your login details could try and do to take your items away from you. Previously, although locked, people could take your items by making you go red and killing you over and over.)

So yes, no drop. Shatter instead of drops.
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So basically, PK just got a lot less fun.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So basically, PK just got a lot less fun.

No no, PK for the rich kids just got a lot less easy.
    Haha kiss my bluenamed heiney PKers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No no, PK for the rich kids just got a lot less easy.
    Haha kiss my bluenamed heiney PKers.

Um...That seems...Completely backwards...If they are rich they can easily sell Gold to get enough Coin to repair any gear that is shattered or have Tons of Guardian Angels on hand to prevent a problem. PvP just got a lot harder and more vicious to the poor players not the rich ones.

The poor player may struggle greatly to pay to have the item repaired or keep a constant supply of angels on hand and because their equip was probably weaker to begin with they probably die a lot as it is. Before they may have been able to eventually bind the best of their stuff and keep it safe from dropping but now it may shatter which if they cannot repair it due to costs is the same as if it had dropped...except now it is worthless AND bound to them.

Of course I maintain that the biggest problem is still that this adds even more incentive to PK lower levels than yourself to try to squeeze Mirages out of them. You could make a lot of Coin or store them up to pay for your own breaks if they occur later. Just makes even more sense now to avoid fighting anyone who might stand a chance of beating you.

Pretty bad when a person who will NEVER PvP in this game actually feels bad for the PvP'ers and can see their side of the problem better than they can sometimes LOL.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you are a veno you could probably farm the mirages needed to repair your equipment should they break.
    Quit.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Safety lock is *supposed* to prevent you from losing an item, ever.

(Think about what someone who gets your login details could try and do to take your items away from you. Previously, although locked, people could take your items by making you go red and killing you over and over.)

So yes, no drop. Shatter instead of drops.

Uggh, you people who don't play on a PvP server have it all wrong.

You can't MAKE anyone go Red. You start to go Red if you PK someone who isn't Red or Pink.

When you die you re-spawn in the city so they can't just sit there and kill you over and over again.

Now lower level players on a PvP server have it bad because if they are Pink or Red they are immediate targets for higher level players. Much more so than before.

They will risk losing and or shattering their stuff. Even the stuff they spent money to bind permanently. For example I bound my Hellfire Drake before the patch thinking it would now be safe, and knowing I could never resell it again after binding. Now it can be shattered at a cost of something like 10 Mirages to fix.

So all the fun has gone out of PvP for lower levels.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Uggh, you people who don't play on a PvP server have it all wrong.

You can't MAKE anyone go Red. You start to go Red if you PK someone who isn't Red or Pink.

When you die you re-spawn in the city so they can't just sit there and kill you over and over again.

Now lower level players on a PvP server have it bad because if they are Pink or Red they are immediate targets for higher level players. Much more so than before.

They will risk losing and or shattering their stuff. Even the stuff they spent money to bind permanently. For example I bound my Hellfire Drake before the patch thinking it would now be safe, and knowing I could never resell it again after binding. Now it can be shattered at a cost of something like 10 Mirages to fix.

So all the fun has gone out of PvP for lower levels.
    It's not like it is gona break every single time you die. The chances of it breaking are very low. If you don't die often (have charms and PvP in teams) you shouldn't have a problem.
    Quit.
    edited August 2009
    It may be true that the risk of shatter is small, but the cost if it shatters is great and I get PK'd too often to carry Angels.

So I have just decided to stay white and so have many others. I rarely see anyone below 60+ who is pink or red now.
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well. Since everything about how **** this "Shattered Gear" system has been explained already.
    I just wanna state that this **** is absolutely ****.
    1: Implement gear shattering.
    2: Buying GA protects from shattering.
    3: Absolutely no positives in this system. (aka: **** people over)
    4: All of this which encourages purchasing from a cash shop with gold which costs real money.

Im not from a PvP server but I am pretty sure PWI has just screwed everyone over in the pvp servers. + Screwed over everyone who ever bought binding stones.
    You guys may as well remove bind stones from your cash shop now that you've made them completely useless.
    If there is some special awesome thing about this, that positively affects the game, please let us know.
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Well. Since everything about how **** this "Shattered Gear" system has been explained already.
    I just wanna state that this **** is absolutely ****.
    1: Implement gear shattering.
    2: Buying GA protects from shattering.
    3: Absolutely no positives in this system. (aka: **** people over)
    4: All of this which encourages purchasing from a cash shop with gold which costs real money.

Im not from a PvP server but I am pretty sure PWI has just screwed everyone over in the pvp servers. + Screwed over everyone who ever bought binding stones.
    You guys may as well remove bind stones from your cash shop now that you've made them completely useless.
    If there is some special awesome thing about this, that positively affects the game, please let us know.
    Actually PvP is just as active as it was before shatter b:cute.
    Quit.
    edited August 2009

I have a char on LC and it seems to me that PvP amongst players below lvl 60 is much less.

Can't prove it except to say I see far fewer pink or red named chars that aren't carrying a Green glowing weapon.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    I have a char on LC and it seems to me that PvP amongst players below lvl 60 is much less.

Can't prove it except to say I see far fewer pink or red named chars that aren't carrying a Green glowing weapon.
    Very few people PvP pre 60, it's usually the higher levels that do it cause they can farm/grind the money for GA's charms and mainly cause they get bored killing over and over to get 10mil exp to gain 1 more level only to start over.
    Quit.
    edited August 2009
    Very few people PvP pre 60, it's usually the higher levels that do it cause they can farm/grind the money for GA's charms and mainly cause they get bored killing over and over to get 10mil exp to gain 1 more level only to start over.

No there was a fair amount of Pre-60 PvP on LC before the patch. Maybe because it is an older server with lots of newer alts. It was fun. It was watching my friend start PvPing at lvl 30 and having fun at it was what got me started there.

But when I started we could just bind our valuables put the rest in the bank and not worry about going red.
  • leitian
    leitian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello.Forgive me my english b:chuckle I`d like to know at the what of the servers can I find more russian?Thank you.
    P.s may be my message is off top, but it is sufficiently difficult for me to read and understand all topics of this forum b:surrender
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    leitian wrote: »
    Hello.Forgive me my english b:chuckle I`d like to know at the what of the servers can I find more russian?Thank you.
    P.s may be my message is off top, but it is sufficiently difficult for me to read and understand all topics of this forum b:surrender
    Try making a seperate topic for it.
    Quit.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Not on Sanctuary, A lot of the higher level pkers I knew stopped because of gear shattering - even though its relatively cheap to fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I gotta be so unlucky then...my gear shattered 3 times in a rowb:shutup
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    I gotta be so unlucky then...my gear shattered 3 times in a rowb:shutup
    Roflcopter.
    Quit.
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trydeegra
    I accidentally removed 2 of my skills during combat, and now they're gone! My flying and mediatation skill.

Where have they gone?!
    Hit "R" and there you go b:victory

How come every time people were complaining in this thread for the shatter system scam some random guy (like the one above) appears and makes some random posts and the admin happily answers even though the qestions have nothing to do with the mentioned scam ?

weird huh?
    meow?

b:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How come every time people were complaining in this thread for the shatter system scam some random guy (like the one above) appears and makes some random posts and the admin happily answers even though the qestions have nothing to do with the mentioned scam ?

weird huh?

For a long time this was the first topic on the forums. People unfamiliar with forums might just pick the first one and post on it, and if they're replying anyway to tell them it isn't the right place, might as well give them the answer too, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."