Crit Arrows

AztecDemon - Lost City
AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys, i was reading a guide for mages and as i was looking at the gear said in the guide it said +1% crit arrow. So do u get that 1% crit even if the arrows are just equipted? Thanks
Post edited by AztecDemon - Lost City on

Comments

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you craft arrows you got a 10% chance to make one with +1% Crit rate, they also drops off FB bosses
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe you do, yes. It can't hurt to try.
  • AztecDemon - Lost City
    AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, im gunna craft some 1% arrows then and do you consume them while wearing them? i doubt it but might aswel ask
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, im gunna craft some 1% arrows then and do you consume them while wearing them? i doubt it but might aswel ask

If you just wear them you won't, start attacking with them and they will be used
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That 1% will only work when you use them with a bow. So it will have no impact when you use your skills, unless you are an archer.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That 1% will only work when you use them with a bow. So it will have no impact when you use your skills, unless you are an archer.

you are right except that the 1% crit arrow still work, even if you are not archer.

All you need to do is to use the arrows with a bow, it does not matter the class.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You just need to buy a cheap bow equip it temporarily so that you can put the +1 crit arrow in the ammo slot. Then remove the bow and re-equip your magic weapon.

The +1 crit arrow stays in place and so does your +1 crit stat boost. Just check your Character stats and you will see the increase.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It may be in your stats, but it won't be in your results in combat. They've made it clear that even if it did work (it doesn't!) that it would be considered cheating.
  • EchoSpirit - Lost City
    EchoSpirit - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We're not allowed to use the crit arrows in this version?
    edited August 2009
    It may be in your stats, but it won't be in your results in combat. They've made it clear that even if it did work (it doesn't!) that it would be considered cheating.

Can you provide a link to a post that says that. Thx.

Also, are you sure it doesn't work? Anyone really tested it?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Yes, lots of people have tested it. It only works when the ammo gets used, which means you would have to fire to arrow to work, and only for that fired arrow.

OMGLAZERZ did a test on those things and there was a thread about it long time ago.

Edited: thanks Fireblood for linking thread so I could correct the name of the person who did the testing.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, lots of people have tested it. It only works when the ammo gets used, which means you would have to fire to arrow to work, and only for that fired arrow.

Solad did a test on those things and there was a thread about it long time ago.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=183572&highlight=crit+arrow+work%3F
    Quit.
    edited August 2009
    Thx that's good to know. I won't waste space carrying the arrow and bow in the future.

It is amazing how many people don't know this and keep passing it along as a tip.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This is the thread where I heard that.
    As for the crit arrow thing, it doesn't actually work. Official GM word is, if it actually worked, it would've been a bannable offence.