PW is generous

Options
Tup - Harshlands
Tup - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
They are releasing these sales so rapidly because they are generous, not to make as much money as possible so the GM's can pay their rent and electric bill.
The Beijing-based company behind games like "Perfect World" and "Ether Saga Online" said it earned 262.6 million yuan ($38.4 million), or $4.94 yuan (72 cents) per American Depository share.

For the same quarter last year, Perfect World earned 164.5 million yuan, or 2.76 yuan per American Depository share.

Revenue increased 56 percent to 521.3 million yuan ($76.3 million) from 334.4 million yuan.

They are already making a ton of money from us, maybe they are being nice?

Generousity or Greedy
Post edited by Tup - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No, they are not. They are evil........EVIL I TELL YOU
    Quit.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Business strategy of course but....

I am on the Generous side of things.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PWI is a BUSSINESS and all bussiness are made for EARN money............ when ppl will unsderstand it?
    Also they must pay bills and employes or u think GM's work free for u?

While PWI earn money this game will evolve and improve if someday PWI lost money then PWI will expire

Not Generousity or Greedy this is Bussiness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Tup - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PWI is a BUSSINESS and all bussiness are made for EARN money............ when ppl will unsderstand it?
    Also they must pay bills and employes or u think GM's work free for u?

While PWI earn money this game will evolve and improve if someday PWI lost money then PWI will expire

Not Generousity or Greedy this is Bussiness

Businesses don't treat loyal customers like ****.
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this 10 char
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    While they do need to make money, and having a bunch of new sales is the best way of doing this, they could probably stand to think about what we want, both as players an consumers. That way, we're more likely to be happy with them and QQ less, and if we get something really good, spend more money, which will make PWE happy as well.

If they take some more time to listen to the player base, they could have a nice win-win situation going on, instead of the win-whine situation going on now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • pezizgood
    pezizgood Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If the sales were actually sales, then yes they are being nice. But they are not. PW is just reducing the price to what they should have been in the first place. $30 for a mount? You've got to be kidding me. Some people are willing to pay that but not the majority. So lowering the prices of the Boutique items doesn't really seem like much of a sale. It's more like PW realized they can make just as much money by selling twice as many mounts when they cut prices in half. I'm not complaing about the price reduction. It's benefits the majority of people. I'm just saying it's hard to say that a company is generous, especially a Free-to-Play game company, when everything that company does centers around bringing in profits.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

OK, if your a customer that means you spend real money to play, so where have they treated you like ****? Giving you opportunities for more things to buy? Lowering mount prices? Giving u events every week or two and a regularly monthly one? Doing sales? So what are u mad about?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They are releasing these sales so rapidly because they are generous, not to make as much money as possible so the GM's can pay their rent and electric bill.
    They are already making a ton of money from us, maybe they are being nice?
    Generousity or Greedy

This is your reason to think they treat us like a ****?

Why? cuz u cant afford the sales?

Another QQ complain thread.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options

if u are not complaining it's probably because u didn't understand nothing :)
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

You'd think that wouldn't you? And yet I've been with companies for, sometimes years, and get screwed over time and time again. Take, for example, my bank. I was given only 1 week's notice to pay off 1kGBP of my overdraft before they applied high interest rates to it. They also lost 4 cash cards (lost? Didn't order? Your guess is as good as mine) that I ordered over and over, leaving me with no means to get money out of my account for almost 2 months. My phone company whacked me with a bunch of charges when I tried to leave them because I had no network coverage in my new place. My credit card company upped the interest rate on my card without telling me - I only found out when the monthly payments increased. And then there's our lovely gas company that hit us with a bill for 800GBP. We calculated our usage at around 120GBP, so naturally didn't pay them. It took over 6 months and them threatening to take us to court several times before they realised their mistake and billed us for the correct amount. Naturally, we're not with them any more.

A company that has regular sales on their products, reduced prices, maintains communication with its customers, has good customer support (at least in my experience problems have been dealt with adequately), makes improvements to their products (fixing game bugs, new content etc) doesn't seem all that bad to me. There are far worse companies out there, as I'm sure a lot of the GM's can attest to. Threads like this do not help anything. They already know that the community is upset. What's needed are more posts giving ways in which the situation can be rectified, and fewer posts full of whinging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Tup - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options

Lol, I cashshopped over a thousand dollars.

/Fail

+9 gold bow b:surrender
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol, I cashshopped over a thousand dollars.

/Fail

+9 gold bow b:surrender

They give u the option to DONT waste your real money do it is your choice and u cant accuse they to treat u like a **** cuz they are adding new things into the game

Boutique prices go down and now u will spend less gold to purchase stuff like mounts also u got sales.....

If u are disappointed with PWI then go back to your room sitting on the carpet and play with your toys................grown up!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Tup - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They give u the option to DONT waste your real money do it is your choice and u cant accuse they to treat u like a **** cuz they are adding new things into the game

Boutique prices go down and now u will spend less gold to purchase stuff like mounts also u got sales.....

If u are disappointed with PWI then go back to your room sitting on the carpet and play with your toys................grown up!!!

Actually I can say they treat loyal customers like ****, I never seen so many sales at once. I can't even keep up with them.

I'm sure I am not the only one bummed out by this event.

Also, if your gonna tell me to grow up, get some good grammar.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I hope this thread gets closed since there are many already out there and this opinion could have been added to to another.

You all have your opinions, lets try and keep them segrigated to as few threads as possible.

They are all starting to be just spamming.
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They are in no way treating customers lke ****. The way i see it sale are good for their customer, I.E the peope who spens RL money on zen. sales lower the gold needed for itmes so you get more per RL $ you psend and if you need coin you can sell the gold for more as prices rise. The players myself included i admit who dont charge zen are not customers we are just peopleplaying a free nlnie game. I see no reason why PWE as a business should do things specially for us since we dont pay for it.
    If you cant charge zen or like me see it as a matter of principal not to pay for a free online game stop whining about high gold prices start grinding/running TT and earn some coin. More importantly of all NONE of the cast shop items are actually vital.

GA's: not needed simple answer dont get killed or suck it up and take the exp loss. If your on a PVP server stay white named you cannot drop equipped items and only have a 1% chnace of dropping inventory items
    Mounts/aerogear: you are given an aerogear for free at lvl 30 learn patience or go read the paper while you do WQ
    Dragon orbs: refining is completely un needed so what if it take slighly longer to kill and if you hp is too low for you to do quests wait a few lvls
    And the big one charms:
    HP charms are certainly not neccessary form a sqaud with a cleric or 2 if you need it
    MP charms: probably the closest any item comes to being vital. For grinding agian learn patience and meditate or train apothecary and make the +50/100 MP regen items. now for some instances if you only have 1 cleric spam healing will be needed but i still dont see why it would be impossible to do useing MP regen, elixers and MP potions made at the apothecary

Sorry for the rather long rant but all the whining about PWE and gold prices annoys me
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Tried again and still refuses to let me post. Sorry, my input apparently isn't appreciated by the forums b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    GA's: not needed simple answer dont get killed or suck it up and take the exp loss. If your on a PVP server stay white named you cannot drop equipped items and only have a 1% chnace of dropping inventory items
    riiiight, so if u can't PvP inside PvP servers without zen/GAs then why did they open them as F2P in the first place ? giving meat to the zen random pk users ?
    Dragon orbs: refining is completely un needed so what if it take slighly longer to kill and if you hp is too low for you to do quests wait a few lvls
    find me a barb that tank Rebirth Delta without refines
    And the big one charms:
    HP charms are certainly not neccessary form a sqaud with a cleric or 2 if you need it
    HP charms are the most vital cash shop item with GAs, u can replace a MP charm with pots and herbs but u can't do the same with HP charms, that simple... go TW without HP charms
    Sorry for the rather long rant but all the whining about PWE and gold prices annoys me
    and I'm annoyed by noobs like u who don't know **** and come here and posts during WQ
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    riiiight, so if u can't PvP inside PvP servers without zen/GAs then why did they open them as F2P in the first place ? giving meat to the zen random pk users ?

ofcourse you can PK in PVP servers without GA's you just risk losing items, isnt that the whole point of itwem drop system
    find me a barb that tank Rebirth Delta without refines

I dont really bother with RB but i can expect this can be done, with imac/perf shards and if needed a few more lvls
    HP charms are the most vital cash shop item with GAs, u can replace a MP charm with pots and herbs but u can't do the same with HP charms, that simple... go TW without HP charms

I have seen a lvl91 barb tank wurlord in TT2-3 without a HP charm with 2 clerics healing so not needed there and hes one of the hardest bosses around. As for TW since when is it a vital part of the game and if no one could afford charms due to boycotting it would make no difference to how it is now

and I'm annoyed by noobs like u who don't know **** and come here and posts during WQ

LOl you think your pallid petty denuciation of "Noob" bothers me in any way. I really dont care what anyone else things of me
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ofcourse you can PK in PVP servers without GA's you just risk losing items, isnt that the whole point of itwem drop system
    how can u enjoy PvP if u go around and lose weapons and gear every day when it takes weeks to manufacture them ? wanna have the whole pwi go around with 1 star gear pking each other ? how can it be a RPG then
    I dont really bother with RB but i can expect this can be done, with imac/perf shards and if needed a few more lvls
    no
    I have seen a lvl91 barb tank wurlord in TT2-3 without a HP charm with 2 clerics healing so not needed there and hes one of the hardest bosses around. As for TW since when is it a vital part of the game and if no one could afford charms due to boycotting it would make no difference to how it is now
    omg wurlord! such an angry and difficult boss *shrugs* wanna go try Hauntery Queen ? Harpy Wraith ? TT 3-2 or 3-3 ? just because u are a veno and u stay behind the lines and not needing the HP charm at all doesn't state that the other class are like u, think better
    LOl you think you pallid petty denuciation of "Noob" I really dont care what anyone else things of me
    I'm just amazed of how noobs can reach those levels, must be cuz of CS/WQ
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Also, if your gonna tell me to grow up, get some good grammar.

Sorry if my English is not my first language actually is the five also i wrote it faster cuz i must leave and back home

business - offer u something to buy (PWI)
    customer - have a choice to buy or not buy (players)

I cant find here the point that they treat u like a ****..............

U think u are the only one who buy gold here? LOL I wil suggest to GM's a gold customers ranking, PW International it means all around over the world is huge bunch of ppl...........and u are mad cuz u think u are loyal and they treat u like a ****? what do u want a special personal sale or what?

maybe other playes spend more really money than u and dont cry or complain for do it

Stop QQ and complanning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry if my English is not my first language actually is the five also i wrote it faster cuz i must left

And stop QQ and complainning
    this post made me lol
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Um, yes they do, if that makes them more money.

Simple rule of business from the customer's end:
    If you don't like a business, don't give it money.

PWI is FREE to play, you don't have to pay them anything.

GTFO you hippy fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    how can u enjoy PvP if u go around and lose weapons and gear every day when it takes weeks to manufacture them ? wanna have the whole pwi go around with 1 star gear pking each other ? how can it be a RPG then

The way i understand it the fn of PVP come fomr killing people what difference does it make what weapon you use to kill them.RPG stands for roleplaying game where in that name does it say PK has to be part of it

omg wurlord! such an angry and difficult boss *shrugs* wanna go try Hauntery Queen ? Harpy Wraith ? TT 3-2 or 3-3 ? just because u are a veno and u stay behind the lines and not needing the HP charm at all doesn't state that the other class are like u, think better

Hauntery queen's mag attack is 17406, wurlord's is 17812 but i have never fought the queen so i dont konw if she debuffs or aoes. Well if a lvl91 barb can do 2-3 without a HP why cant a lvl101 Barb do 3-3 without one, both are 1 lvl about the entry requirment. If a veno stays behind the lines and doesnt need a HP charm then neither do clerics, Wiz's or archers and if a barb is tanking neither do BM's. So you agree that 90% of players dont need HP charms (i say 90% as i doubt that on sanctuary atleast barb make up more that 10% of the population.

Actually the majority of my exp comes from completing cube everyday. when i need coin i solo TT1-3 for serpent orbs and golden spirits and when i grind i kill sneaker messengers in old heavens tear
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The way i understand it the fn of PVP come fomr killing people what difference does it make what weapon you use to kill them.RPG stands for roleplaying game where in that name does it say PK has to be part of it

Look closer. RPKG...see anything?

Hauntery queen's mag attack is 17406, wurlord's is 17812 but i have never fought the queen so i dont konw if she debuffs or aoes. Well if a lvl91 barb can do 2-3 without a HP why cant a lvl101 Barb do 3-3 without one, both are 1 lvl about the entry requirment. If a veno stays behind the lines and doesnt need a HP charm then neither do clerics, Wiz's or archers and if a barb is tanking neither do BM's. So you agree that 90% of players dont need HP charms (i say 90% as i doubt that on sanctuary atleast barb make up more that 10% of the population.

MATH NERD!!! b:angry

Actually the majority of my exp comes from completing cube everyday. when i need coin i solo TT1-3 for serpent orbs and golden spirits and when i grind i kill sneaker messengers in old heavens tear

CUBE/GRIND NERD!!! b:angryb:angry

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

no

Safety Lock
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Um, yes they do, if that makes them more money.

Simple rule of business from the customer's end:
    If you don't like a business, don't give it money.

PWI is FREE to play, you don't have to pay them anything.

GTFO you hippy fool.

DP Fail

BUT THIS
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this doesn't even deserve an anwser
    as I said, go try them then come here again
    oh u must be very proud of urself
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL, get back to the original QQ topic.

They are a business and the sales are to boost RL cash flow.

Who truly cares what any of us think when it comes to generous/greedy comparison.

Will this week never end. b:shocked
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL, get back to the original QQ topic.

They are a business and the sales are to boost RL cash flow.

Who truly cares what any of us think when it comes to generous/greedy comparison.

Will this week never end. b:shocked

NOOOOBRAGGLEFRAGGLE!

NOW THAT I'M HERE, I SHALL BE DERAILING THIS TOPIC IN THE NAME OF SNAUSAGES!!

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
This discussion has been closed.