Gold Trading

Options
KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Is there a way to exchange gold directly between two players, either through a trade window, mailbox, etc.? Or is using the anonymous gold trading option in the auction house the only method to obtain in game gold using coins?
Post edited by KatieMorgan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is there a way to exchange gold directly between two players, either through a trade window, mailbox, etc.? Or is using the anonymous gold trading option in the auction house the only method to obtain in game gold using coins?

well u can trade the items using trade window wich is what most ppl mean when they say "WTB: gold 130k each!!!!!!!!" or something similar
  • KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah that made me think you could do it too, but when I opened up a trade window with a friend we couldn't seem to find anywhere to put the gold. Is there something obvious I'm just not seeing?
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

No you cannot trade gold DIRECTLY to another player.
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah that made me think you could do it too, but when I opened up a trade window with a friend we couldn't seem to find anywhere to put the gold. Is there something obvious I'm just not seeing?

1. Name him the items you need,
    2.he buys items,
    3.trade items.

how hard is it to understand..?b:surrender
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmm- wouldn't it be a whole lot easier if they just let us trade gold directly?
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmm- wouldn't it be a whole lot easier if they just let us trade gold directly?

then what's the point of AH gold trading eh?
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
    edited August 2009
    Options

the point of AH gold trading is to create a large marketplace of easily accessible gold for all to buy or sell. if there are 2 parties that want to directly trade gold with each other at a price they each agree to, why can't that exist outside of AH gold trading? As far as needing gold immediately and not making a transaction at the current buy/sell price in AH, both parties would be getting a better deal, since there is no spread.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

That's like asking whats the point of the auction house when we have trade windows.
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    KiYui - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I understand what she is asking about trading gold directly to another player.... because not every one is around an AH when they are in need of gold or a friend/spouse might need one piece of gold from you, therefore, it would be easier for you to trade the gold directly to your them than it would be for you to go through the AH or B then sell the item to them.
    > just one less step to hassle with.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Conversely though, trading gold directly leaves a much larger margin for scamming or mistakes
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Conversely though, trading gold directly leaves a much larger margin for scamming or mistakes

But how is direct gold trading any different than trading all other items in the game in relationship to mistakes/scams? People make mistakes trading regular items, and I don't really see a difference with gold. People already try to scam sell items in direct trade and catshops too- why would direct gold trading affect this one way or the other?

Also, to the poster who commented that the person buying gold should just tell the seller which items they want and have the seller buy those items and sell directly- what if the buyer doesn't want any items at that current time, but just wants gold only?
  • XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

That's for sure, but people should be just as careful trading Gold as they are any thing else.. especially considering there is real money involved.

I can see how direct trading of gold would useful though... say i have 2 gold left over and I want to buy a Gold HP charm, and my dear friend happens to have 2 gold left over as well.. and would be nice enough to sell it to me at a decent(lower than the AH) price. He cant do so in the AH, his low price would get eaten up by the buying offers...

*Points Conspicuously at Suggestion Box Section*- Wait, im already here? GM powaz FTW!
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Options
    simple, because with the gold trading system, you clearly see the amount of gold being sold/bought and price. With any 1 on 1 trading system, the margin for error or oversight is increased.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think that u should remove the tax when u buy golds from AH (dunno if there's one when u are selling)...

PWE will not lose anything from that and will be at least something better than everything they did to lower the gold prices till now, no offense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    simple, because with the gold trading system, you clearly see the amount of gold being sold/bought and price. With any 1 on 1 trading system, the margin for error or oversight is increased.

If you do not get what Spoons is talking about read this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=381722
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    Options

Sorry, but I guess I'm just still not understanding. How would trading gold in a direct trade window be any different than trading, say, an Ultimate Substance? or a HP charm? or basically any other item that exists in PWI?

Wouldn't the amount of gold being sold/bought and price both be readily visible, just like any other item?
  • XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think that u should remove the tax when u buy golds from AH (dunno if there's one when u are selling)...

PWE will not lose anything from that and will be at least something better than everything they did to lower the gold prices till now, no offense

The tax helps deter 're-selling' of Gold and it helps keep the price low as not too many people will continuously throw Gold in there at ridiculous prices and not have it sell over and over eating their 2 cents on the dollar every time(the tax on selling is 2 silver per 1 gold being sold)
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you do not get what Spoons is talking about read this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=381722

So you are basically saying that since scammers exist, we should deny the ability for everyone in the system to use a direct trading system for gold, because there will be people that try to scam others? Following this logic, why then are we allowed to direct trade Ult Subs, when someone could try to scam by putting a Healing Orb there instead? Or any other item in the game for that matter? Isn't it the responsibility of each buyer/seller to make sure they are buying/selling the thing they are really intending to?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the issue of the scamming isn't with the experienced players.

It is the danger that a NOOB will get scammed. Say trading Gold 1 for 1 with coin or being convinced that 1 Gold = 50,000 coins is a good deal. Quite possible if the NOOB doesn't use the AH.

Also, the danger that someone just makes a mistake. If people can mistake Shabbys for Blemished shards so easily there is no doubt this WILL happen.

The other thing is that the AH helps drain coin from the economy thereby helping to keep Gold prices down. 2% each way I believe.

Finally, the goal for PWI is to convert Gold into virtual items or coin. Once that is done there is no going back. Gold can only enter the system through Cash purchases.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Options