PVE gamers stuck in a PVP world =/

bradlyl
bradlyl Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
well i started playing PW with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. and we had absolutly no idea how the servers worked. we just logged in and started playing. (it was set to harshlands)(which DIDNT TELL US that it was a PvP server at the main screenb:angry, you have to click it to see that) we both make it past lvl 30. and all the sudden, people randomly are able to kill us! i found out today that its because harshlands is a PvP server. We just want to complete our quests, but are constantly Pk'd by people looking for a fight (practically a murder). We have spent a long time getting this far in the game. ive even spend $10's in the store. and she Has spent $20. I have also found out that players cannot switch servers. I feel horrible, every time my girlfriend gets killed its practically my fault. isnt there any any way that we can be permantly moved to a Pve server? like Dreamweavers? i know this is probably just a lost cause, but still. i guess its worth a shot saying it. i guess even a GM cant do anything to help us. I mean, completely restarting the game on a new server? that is completely out of the question, weve put to much work into our charracters.

i hope that in future updates of the game, They make it More clear as to what type of server you are about to play on. to prevent this from happening to anyone elese.

and for what its worth. if any 1 see's the screen names "BeastlyBrad" or "Michhh" dont kill us b:surrender its not like we have any good items or anything, i dont see why anyone would bother to kill us, only to be a jerk i guess.
Post edited by bradlyl on

Comments

• Evena - Dreamweaver
    Evena - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    At this time I don't think that you can transfer servers. If you hate PvP that much, I highly encourage you to change servers. I know you feel like you have put alot into your characters, but it will most likely only get worse the higher your level gets. As for the cash purchases, I think that your Zen is to your account, not your character, so any unspent should be available to any other characters you create.

If you decide to start over, I'm on Dreamweaver in a great and fun guild entitled Placid. Feel free to come and check us out. Hope you find your place!
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvP servers can be a ton of fun once you get to a higher level.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As for the cash purchases, I think that your Zen is to your account, not your character, so any unspent should be available to any other characters you create.

Zen is credited first to an account, and then to a specific server. It cannot be moved between servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evena - Dreamweaver
    Evena - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ah, I was wrong. And yes, PvP servers can be fun, but I am a PvE preferred player myself so I can see their pov. I was on a PvP server in WoW for years and hated it. I stick to PvE realms now b/c of it. To each their own, and I prefer PvE realms. So I was just informing them that they might like it even less as they level, or not. They might learn to love it.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Step 1: Quit whining
    Step 2: Reroll a PvE server
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: PROFIT!
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It'd be easiest to switch servers now. 30 is not all that hard to get, and it lets you improve on any mistakes you may have made with a build or a characters look. If you would like help re-levelling your characters, I have several alts on like every server, so I could help you guys get back to where you were.

But yeah, the two main options here are re-roll PvE, or just deal with it, unfortunately. I will say that once you get out of the Orchid Temple/Hidden Orchid areas, the random PK thing happens a lot less. Once you hit 40, you don't have to worry about it much at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i can be your body guard on harshlands for like 10 bucks b:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people will kill you, on harshlands. If they have a red name, you should probably assume they want to kill you. Red named people often enough like finding crowds of white names, so they can kill them all so if you see a large crowd forming (like 10+ people, maybe), you might think about going elsewhere.

However... once you get past this kind of thing, Harshlands is much less competitive than the PvE servers. We have a small population here, so you do not have to worry very much about being crowded out by other people.

And you can always kill the competition in case you do get crowded.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvP servers can be a ton of fun once you get to a higher level.

LOL he or his GF don't care for PVP dude, looks that way.
    Should move to lost city

He SAID PVE server, lost city is not a PVE server b:chuckle
    Step 1: Quit whining
    Step 2: Reroll a PvE server
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: PROFIT!

Like this dude said... Trust me, give it up on harshlands and reroll to Heavenstear, Dreamweaver or Sanctuary. You should come to heavens tear and join AzureGods... Also LVLing from 1-20 is a breeze, (I take slow b/c of genie exp sink and working on my barb). Take the "I worked so hard to LVL30" excuse out of the window and reroll, your only making it worse if u don't like the server. So why not come to another server instead? PK can happen on PVE servers anyways if u turn it on, (PVP servers no choice but always in PK mode lol, it makes me wana puke xD = PVP server = *barf* sorry LC and HL b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nope, you cant switch servers. Nothing you can do about it. I doubt the GMs could do it even if they wanted to.
    Just make another character in Heavens Tear, Dreamweaver or Sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Move to a PvE server as long as you are lvl 30b:bye
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well Im glad I moved to LostCity when I hit lvl30 cuz alot of people were telling me that its a hard place and that should only move there when Im pro lol but pve servers are really boring and you cant kill people who you dont like who are stealing your mobs whenever you see them outside safezone so I would say you jus stick to a pvp server cuz u will get used to it and you wont regret it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvE servers FTL.
    Seriously what is the point in playing a PvE server xD
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm a PVP gamer stuck in a PVE world xDD. My friends play PVE.. I play PVP.. but it's boring playing alone -.- so I play PVE with them xD.. It sucks not being able to PK people just because they don't want to be PK'd -.-..

lol Well not gonna help you much but thought I'd share my.. experience xD. Well if you want to play PVE, your only option is to reroll. Getting to level 30 is not that hard but I can understand the wasted 30 dollars. PWI should just get rid of multiple west and east servers and use a channel system, one for east and west, instead xD. Or they let you switch servers.. at a cost.. It shouldn't be difficult because isn't only one unique name is allowed throughout all the servers?
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    how did u not know wasnt were friends who told u that?
    well pvp r realy fun later on yay lvl 30 is a real drag cus in heavens tear there always a guy pk noobs there well the only good thing u can do it get friends
    we r in the same sever join our faction and were help u out its 30+ so u and your gf make it in or pm here or in the game http://pwisanity.guildlaunch.com
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvE servers FTL.

Well i love the team work we have at the HT server.

We help eachother and dont murder each other. And afk WQ is so easy expb:dirty we dont have to worry to get killed. and you can PVP when you want and not just always get killed.

It happened many times that my cleric got killed in PK mode while healing me, believe me that sucks
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Switch servers.
    Level 30 is not that hard to get. And it should go much faster the second time around.
    If you and your gf rolled different classes, then roll the same classes but play each other's characters to 30. That way you won't think you're playing the same thing again.
  • zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Should move to lost city

Scoped is right, alot of RQ are white these days, what TFs going on ???? Jokes aside, stop crying, reroll, its simple
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvE servers FTL.

Well duhhh,you don't have everyone saying fail every 2 words in every sentence.

Only half of pve players do that b:laugh
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you're a PvE'er, then do what you do best, level fast and kill them back someday. You'll have fun.

I actually joined Lost City by mistake too, but hell, it has been so much fun. This is my second MMO and in my first one I never really PK'ed much, but I liked the feeling. So, I don't regret joining Lost City. Wish PvP system was better, but well, it's still fun.

Lost City. b:victory
  • CloudWarrior - Harshlands
    CloudWarrior - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    YOU CAN KILL THEM wen thay try to steal your mobs b:victory
    Just attacking them is enuf to make them leave you and you mobs alone b:pleased and if thay have friends all the more fun :D
  • Strangel - Harshlands
    Strangel - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Want to transfer to another server too... don't have time to level up another char, I'm working all day and don't have the money for another inventory stone and else either... didn't know that Harshlands was PVP I wouldn't have gone there if I knew... I'm no fan of PVP in WOW nor PW...

Don't have to justify more...
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Even though you can't transfer over, level 30 is still very low. You can quickly get there by completing all your quests. Now, if you were level 60+ this would be a different story.

I'd highly recommend starting anew on a PvE server; Heaven'sTear, Dreamweaver or Sanctuary while you're still relativley new/ low level on your current PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strangel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    here again :

don't have time to level up another char, I'm working all day and don't have the money for another inventory stone, mount, safe and other stuffs either...

in other words, I play games that feels like games because a job I already have...

hope it's a bit clearer...
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well if you're a venomancer (and should decide to re-roll one) money should be no object.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strangel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to ask you this but... Are you trying to find solutions or you want to reach a posting record ?

I had no idea that venomancer were coming with inventory/safe stones and flying mount... must have been a bug when I created mine...

O.o

However had news from PW customer service : "We are currently aware of the current PVP system and are working towards ways on improving it and making it fair for all players."

So... maybe in some months... will be nice to play again not being killed at first shot by a bored level 80 kid...
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    May I reiterate my earlier post.

Quit complaining or reroll. Simple as that.

I'm sorry you wasted Zen but that is your own fault for not researching what you were getting into before making your char and buying gold.

Measure twice, cut once, etc, etc.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Strangel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Nakhimov... it's a forum... and this one is about PVP... and yes... you have to expect to have people trying to find solutions when PVP problems occur... So if you don't want to read about people complaining or else... well I suggest you not to read the threads on forums... Cause you might make your life a hell doing so...

That's only a suggestion...
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nakhimov... it's a forum... and this one is about PVP... and yes... you have to expect to have people trying to find solutions when PVP problems occur... So if you don't want to read about people complaining or else... well I suggest you not to read the threads on forums... Cause you might make your life a hell doing so...

That's only a suggestion...

Asking for help on a pvp forum or making a comment on an aspect of the game is fine:

whining when it's your fault is not.

EDIT: perhaps that was a bit harsh, but random bold words make your comment sound snide.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum