Playing the game is all about having fun

SaintDominic - Sanctuary
SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Ive been inspired by bratfury and many others in this forum....The main concern is that people are complaining about the things they want like the nice new mounts, armor, and weapons. Im in their generation and i realized that i should be more appreciative with the things i have. Bratfury is right. I have been spoiled by my parents and my parents didnt get those kind of things when they were younger. Ive noticed that there are alot of greedy players but who cares about them. Just play and enjoy the game :) Big thumbs up to Bratfury and the others that inspired me to have funb:pleased
Post edited by SaintDominic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NO shuddup! this game is serious bznz
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ive been inspired by bratfury and many others in this forum....The main concern is that people are complaining about the things they want like the nice new mounts, armor, and weapons. Im in their generation and i realized that i should be more appreciative with the things i have. Bratfury is right. I have been spoiled by my parents and my parents didnt get those kind of things when they were younger. Ive noticed that there are alot of greedy players but who cares about them. Just play and enjoy the game :) Big thumbs up to Bratfury and the others that inspired me to have funb:pleased

The wiseman in me applauds your enlightenment. Go forth and enjoy this game how it was meant to be enjoyed.

The troll in me wants to wring your neck for trying to get others to "play nice".

The kid in me loves the frosted side.

But the grown-up in me loves the kid in me!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Wow what do u ever do with ur life lol...like what everyone says: ITS JUST A GAME.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think that the OP is 100% right in what he says!
    Good on you mate!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NO shuddup! this game is serious bznz

qft man.

10 char.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Tell me more about this ... "fun" of which you speak, for I know not what it is. b:puzzled

Ok seriously, my 13 year old nephew started playing this game recently and I was bombarded with endless questions about how to get a mount, how to get a glowing weapon, how to get glowing armor, how to get a title after your name ...

He was extremely disappointed to find out that he didn't have the level for TT weapons and that legendary weapons were likely out of his reach as well. But he did spend a week doing chores for his stepdad so he could earn 20 dollars and buy a panther and spurs (so he could use it at his level.) Bear in mind that his mom is pretty strict and doesn't let him play long enough to earn the gold it would take to buy one, and he has 3 sisters who want to use the computer, so he can't catshop.

He was also very keen on having a "title" after his name, so he joined NightOwls, hoping to get promoted, which he did after a few weeks. My nephew has loads of fun playing this game.

I'm posting all of this because in some people's minds, this is their idea of fun. The problem people in MMORPGs have is, thousands of people get together with different goals and different things that motivate them. Some people just want to dress up in pretty clothes and chat with their friends. This is all they need to do to have fun. Some people need to humiliatingly kill everyone they see to have fun. Some people need to not only amass as much wealth as possible, but make sure they are making everyone else dirt poor in the process to enjoy their gaming experience.

The point is, there are many different ways to have fun. Not everyone's method is the same, hence all of the drama in MMOs.

Happy Gaming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Aww thanks! I'm glad I inspired you to "just play the game". So many people lose sight of why they started in the first place. Maybe boredom, maybe just a hardcore gamer and liked a new challenge?

As I said before in a prior post:
    If you aren't here for the fun, the enjoyment, the entertainment; then come out of your basement and let me introduce you to this magical thing we call.. sunlight.

What that means, is that if you are here 15 hours a day playing non stop to have a great achievement in your life and try to make your self worth come from playing a game you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Its a game, games are meant for fun; just enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What is this fun u speak of?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2009

If every1 have the same thought or attiude as you, then the game will no longer be Fun for sure

Every1 think, Hey its just a game...why so serious? easy easy...

then every1 just chillingout in game...no more people hardcore leveling.... and TW wukk be like a friendly war.... cuz nobody treat tw is a serious matter...they just join tw for FUN, No1 care about who win who lose...
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people need to not only amass as much wealth as possible, but make sure they are making everyone else dirt poor in the process to enjoy their gaming experience.

Now thats disabling other people's fun, which I could call a crime.

For example: If you put gold prices to 200k (because you want maximum profit and everybody else put it to 200k too), so many people wont get their clothes or mount which means they cannot have fun.

I wont say you are wrong about people having fun by spoiling other people fun, but those kind of greedy people spoils community.
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fun.

some people are having fun of being strong in PVP,
    some people are having fun of having Kick **** equipments,
    Some people are having fun Trashtalk,QQ, or Chillout with the Digital ingame friends in Arch 12/7

Some people Like to play Basketball, some people like to play soccer, we all have our own thought and mind, we are all different..

the way you thought doesnt mean it does suit on the other people

You = You

Me = Me

He=He
    She=She

Stop acting like a Jesus Christ and teach people what to do~
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    for the "Just having fun" part well you don't get it like WhiteMasaX said you=you me=me

you might be having fun but other people aren't gold makes people have fun w/e w/e w/e point is we all can't have fun in this state of the game
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009

YOU and BratFury can K$$ my Butt. Bunch of hipocrets conformists sucka$$'s
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you can't accuse people of trying not to have fun, or not being fun, or of being a weirdo in a basement, if they simply have a different idea of what is fun.

what the OP is saying is pretty much "oh why can't you just be cool like me?" the implication being, of course, that he is cool. well, you=you and me=me. maybe i think i'm cool because i take the bus everyday. maybe i think you're not cool. but if i start crying, "why can't you be cool like me and take the bus", will you listen? to each his own. don't try to dictate what "fun" is to other people.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    kkammy wrote: »
    YOU and BratFury can K$$ my Butt. Bunch of hipocrets conformists sucka$$'s

Unlike you that also plays the same game....

You are a "rebel" but you still conform when you log in...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    After reading a lot of complaints about the devs ruining the game, many angry people seem to miss the concept that PWI is "free to play". If you want something from the cash shop then buy it from other people or use real money. I'm happy with the free stuff i have besides a new flying mount because i definitely need it for World Quest. For the players out there, buy what you really need. After that, whatever money you have left go spend it like crazy in the game. Either way it supports this game. b:victory