Options
124»

Comments

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    no, it isn't just life. It's a game, or supposed to be
    an MMO is supposed to revolve around building and working towards an end goal, whether it be rare items, high level, good build, whatever.

What PWI is doing is turning this from a game where you can use cash shop items to enhance the experience into a server where people spend money on pixels and sit there and wait for the next sale because no one wants to work for anything if they don't know whether the following Tuesday their hard work will be available for $20 in the cash shop.

This is not just a bunch of people QQing this is a community legitimately concerned at the direction PWI is taking as a business and a game, because if they keep doing things such as this, there will be no one left to buy their pixels.

Aye cause you don't have goals in life also right?
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The entire Dragon Quest Catshop industry got devalued in one quick blow.
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    N00bs are having a rage quit party?b:victory good work on the update PWIb:laugh
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Pretty sure the noobs are going YAAAAY~ and the higher levels are QQ / alt + f4 , uninstall .
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Aesthor gimme free stuff pl0x!!!

I want them to put TT and HH in the Cashshop ;)
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    no, it isn't just life. It's a game, or supposed to be
    an MMO is supposed to revolve around building and working towards an end goal, whether it be rare items, high level, good build, whatever.

What PWI is doing is turning this from a game where you can use cash shop items to enhance the experience into a server where people spend money on pixels and sit there and wait for the next sale because no one wants to work for anything if they don't know whether the following Tuesday their hard work will be available for $20 in the cash shop.

This is not just a bunch of people QQing this is a community legitimately concerned at the direction PWI is taking as a business and a game, because if they keep doing things such as this, there will be no one left to buy their pixels.

PWE is a REAL BUSINESS. Which means it NEEDS money. What are ALL USA stores/businesses doing trying to get out the recession? SALES LOTS AND LOTS OF SALES. Why? Cause people will use money on sales. They might not be able to afford the 99 dollars X item, but they might be able to pay 66 dollars for the item. BIG whoop you spent IN GAME coins that you probably sat there grinding/TWing/or sellign molds that u got from merchant. If you did sell Gold for the mount it probably wasnt more than 20 gold anyways. PWE is a REAL COMPANY they NEED REAL MONEY. It does take money to run a server, to pay the people who run the servers, the people who work on the game, and the people that create new content.
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Nah. Most of the people leaving already decided to leave for the censored game before some of these updates even occured. I think it did push some people that were on the fence about it though.
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Aesthor gimme free stuff pl0x!!!

I want them to put TT and HH in the Cashshop ;)

Yea, I want my beast shells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PWE is a REAL BUSINESS. Which means it NEEDS money. What are ALL USA stores/businesses doing trying to get out the recession? SALES LOTS AND LOTS OF SALES. Why? Cause people will use money on sales. They might not be able to afford the 99 dollars X item, but they might be able to pay 66 dollars for the item. BIG whoop you spent IN GAME coins that you probably sat there grinding/TWing/or sellign molds that u got from merchant. If you did sell Gold for the mount it probably wasnt more than 20 gold anyways. PWE is a REAL COMPANY they NEED REAL MONEY. It does take money to run a server, to pay the people who run the servers, the people who work on the game, and the people that create new content.
    sorry my friend this is just a myth
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ROFL at people who spent 15m - 20m on those horses. Now I can own a Sparkling Horse too b:dirty Thank you PW for giving the non cash shop users a chance to try out Awesome mounts =)
  • Fyren - Heavens Tear
    Fyren - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Here's something to look forward to: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18412
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imaspy - Lost City
    Imaspy - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hey, you should know by now that the PWE staff is just trying to make this game purely based around money. If you got money to spend you can be just as good as the players who started when the server started. Look at this new addition "Bounty Hunter" You get 300k-600k exp a day from this and then you also have your three other dailies: Cube, Stone, Villa. So... all that hard work people did getting to 100 went to waste too! and now they're making all your hard work to go even more wasteful! lets give them the mounts that were made for people who spent tons of time farming for. Also did I mention they stated this "one time deal" with that chance for goldmane lion, ancient boa, event only ninetails. Oh wait! they turned those into gamble packs now! and re-released them all again!. Also "Charm Packs are Permanent" Didn't we hear this before? hmm but now its turned into a random sale now and then. To be honest I think recently PWE has been just trying to milk money from all their players to invest that money into a new game they are developing and sponsoring.
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

+1 , no point QQ-ing. This is a business they're running.

-1 for being a new*** (your siggy)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The people who make new content are in China or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah. Most of the people leaving already decided to leave for the censored game before some of these updates even occured. I think it did push some people that were on the fence about it though.

What is this game. Give me a PM please? :D Thanks~!
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why do you Cash Shop QQers make a big fuss? It's not like you are using your own money..Just your parents visa..b:bye
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Gorsin - Dreamweaver
    Gorsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

your ego has pissed me off before. dont do it again....you go spend the time/effort/money on a Silver Mane then you can have the right to say anything.
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

From reading through other threads you need a cash shop item for that little event also.
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Scarecrowsid - Heavens Tear
    Scarecrowsid - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

nuuuu fyrenoob, say it aint so b:cry
  • Imaspy - Lost City
    Imaspy - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If only the PWE would refund us the money we wasted on the mounts before hand and now that its over 50% -60% off the original price we slaved out working for and charging into this game.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Gorsin go QQ bout your pixel pony..

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From reading through other threads you need a cash shop item for that little event also.

Was there ever a doubt in your mind? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    meanwhile they have reduced the price on other mounts, think of the insane gold price inflation this is going to cause...at this rate the in-game economy will be permanently screwed...
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    @Justice-what do I care if one can buy something i had for free?even if i worked my **** in the game to get?i feel sorry for him he had to pay real cash instean of buying some d0p3.But the thing is I don't care what others wear/mount or whatever they do.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What's scary is all these half-jokes about TT mats and such being in CS actually make me a bit nervous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

You need to read better.
    I've already stated that yes, PWI is a business and needs the boutique to keep the game running but it is HOW they are using the boutique that is concerning.
    To be honest, I don't have either of the mounts so I'm not butthurt at all, in the end I probably benefit from this because now I can buy a horse and I won't need to save a single DQ order.
    The issue is that PWI is ruining their own business, because they are taking the game out of PW.

To reiterate: they are turning this from a game where you work towards a goal and use boutique items to enhance your play into just a server people sit on and buy pixels and don't want to play because they don't know if next tuesday their hard work will be available for a few zen in the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This thread is being locked due to flaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.