Frostland quests

Kaelis - Heavens Tear
Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok we started to do frostland squad quests then decided we better get a barb and did a shout asking for one and was told that the quests are bugged and can not be completed

looked it up in the guide and it says they can not be done yet

so does anyone know if they can or can not be done and if not then why they cant be done?
Post edited by Kaelis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is this the Forgotten Frostland quest you speak of? I was exploring with a barb in my guild the other day and we found a random teleporter, we went inside and we figured it was the place to get his quest items. I was told weneeded a squad, but we didn't. The mobs in there are really easy (I can tank them, they hit me for like 400), except for the one you can see guarding the door once you get inside (there's more of it inside). We didn't need a squad to get the drops (they look like mirage celestones and celestone fragments) and they're called "jade of xx essence" and "jade of xx fragments". There's also a miniboss (Thunderclaw) in there with around 200k hp and he's also pretty weak/easy and he drops them too.

We didn't get to explore much, but we spent a good hour in there I think. That place is huge.

Edit: Remember, you need 7 of each fragments (I think there's 6-7 different ones) to make an essence, which you need 1 each of to complete the quest.
    Hoep this helped!

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    thank you for replying but I'll explain what it is

Basically what you went into was solo mode. You have to kill the mobs in their so they drop essences and fragment which can then be made into curvades. These can be used on pillars to spawn bosses which drop more essences and curvades. After you have enough to make one of each curvade their is a lvl 75 quest to hand them in. Once you have done this you can go in squad mode were you do in fact need a high level team (our cleric got one hit by a aoe) and you can complete various level 75 quests

So what i was asking before I wasted even more time in their was if those quests were actually completable since I was told that they was not
  • Niyatu - Lost City
    Niyatu - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thank you for replying but I'll explain what it is

Basically what you went into was solo mode. You have to kill the mobs in their so they drop essences and fragment which can then be made into curvades. These can be used on pillars to spawn bosses which drop more essences and curvades. After you have enough to make one of each curvade their is a lvl 75 quest to hand them in. Once you have done this you can go in squad mode were you do in fact need a high level team (our cleric got one hit by a aoe) and you can complete various level 75 quests

So what i was asking before I wasted even more time in their was if those quests were actually completable since I was told that they was not

Ah, yeah, I knew it was solo mode, but I thought you only needed the essences/fragments for the actual quest, had no idea there were curvades involved, my friend mentioned nothing about them (do you have to complete the quest first in order to get those "missions"?).

I get it now, sorries. :) Not easy for me to know when my friend doesn't give me all the info, boo!
    Well I'm happy I replied anyway, 'cause this gave me some info as well for when I get the quests. Thanks!

- Niyatu/Laura.
    Sympathy is just a sign of your own weaknes.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    the urns inside you can make the curvades out of 1 essences and 7 fragments off the same time. What the curvade quest does is when you have completed it when you and it in, it then gives you the ability to start squad mode

b:chuckle nah its cool you was trying to help ^_^
  • Amewarashi - Heavens Tear
    Amewarashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How do you start squad mode? I finished curvades quest today but didn't notice anything letting me start in squad. Is that Tsou npc? If yes, he asks for neo-deity scrolls, where to get them?
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    How do you start squad mode? I finished curvades quest today but didn't notice anything letting me start in squad. Is that Tsou npc? If yes, he asks for neo-deity scrolls, where to get them?

talk to the pillar inside with a level 75+ squad
  • monkeynuts
    monkeynuts Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    /rant on

OK so I ask a simple question... Where do Neo-Diety Scrolls come from for the Forgotten Frostland and Lunar instances...

Answer?
    Thank you for sending an email. We appreciate all the responses! We have checked the ticket history for any other mention of Neo-Deity scrolls but you are the very first person to contact us about the issue. To be honest, we are not certain where the scrolls can be found.

How could you not be certain where the scrolls are from????????????????????
    Where do you get Neo-Deity Scrolls to start this dungeon? And what is the required lvl?

Not sure about the scrolls yet(I assume a boss drop in squad) but you will get your first quests for in there at 75. Have to run solo mode first to get a bunch of mats to unlock squad, which most of the quests are in.

REALLY???, you "assume" they drop from bosses? These bosses BTW are NOT easy, in fact they are down right mean evil and super hard to kill, so if you are salivating at the reward gear for Forgotten Frostland, don't hold your breath....

I don't mind questing and finding things. I realize thats a major part of the game, but, path for progressions to the armor and weapons offered shouldnt be an "unknown". What's the point of doing these if you have discernable goal to strive for?

What about the cards from the past that you can use to spawn the bosses to kill for the Ancient Forge Mats???

These are simple questions, not a how to do it all request

Why not start a FAQ with real answers and not just how to change my options, eh?

/rant off
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What's the point of doing these if you have discernable goal to strive for?

Someone has to pave the way. It's also fun to explore something that no one seems to know a lot about. I think a large part of the problem is we just don't have enough people high enough level to run this, and those that are seem to lean more towards pvp, which is a shame. Give it time, more info will become available.
  • windfern
    windfern Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok i'm posting a reply to say if you need the scrolls to get into Squad mode and the mobs in squad Mode drop them as many people say then how do you get the frist one to open squad to get the drops.

It seems to be a catch 22, I know that the Guy sells the Breaths but guess what he want the scrolls too.

So How do I get scrolls to get in to get Scrolls?
    I read in this Thread that even Support dont know where to get them.

I did read that you need to complete Jade Quest amd Paper Cane quest . And so far i havent read in threads that you must do both to unlock Just in guide

Maybe There are no scrolls