New Class!

Centetric - Lost City
Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
here is my evidence of a new class look at this.
b:sin
evidence #1

evidence #2. make sure u scroll to 0:56. plz correct me if thats a boss or somethin else. but heres some hope on a new class

this 2 maybe a monk class or somethin
b:bye b:surrender PLZ correct me if the second evidence is false.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
~RedsRose
Post edited by Centetric - Lost City on

Comments

• AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver
    AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    as was pointed out by Robb in another thread, there are two "unreleased" classes in this game... one uses those whips, and the other was like a monk... anyways, the code data for both classes has been there forever, and is mostly fragmented (what little there is..)

ask Robb, he'll tell ya, i have no idea beyond what he's said b:laugh

btw... that isnt a player at 0.56... players dont have helmets shown
    b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    same with the housing system its just not implimented
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    kk i wasnt quite sure deceptistar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    as was pointed out by Robb in another thread, there are two "unreleased" classes in this game... one uses those whips, and the other was like a monk... anyways, the code data for both classes has been there forever, and is mostly fragmented (what little there is..)

ask Robb, he'll tell ya, i have no idea beyond what he's said b:laugh

btw... that isnt a player at 0.56... players dont have helmets shown

He said something about Monks and Wraith Angels. I'm too lazy to look it up :<

Edit (got unlazy):
    in the file "elements.data" theres a list item for 2 new classes

Monk and Wraith Angel.

monk uses staves (kind of like a shaolin monk)
    and Warith Angel uses Whips..

however these have been there very long and chances are they changed their mind. From the map, im thinking Dark Elves.

but who knows might be just a 100+ training area.
    all thats there is a name and number that the client could assign skills to if there were any in the file for that class.

The only thing stopping you from having a character of this class is that its not registered on the character selection screen, and has no skills which would suck.

also as for the whips and staves, there is 1 stave released, i forget the name, its gold anyway. But the rest are only written in elements.data as a name number (ID), and small info on attack and lv req. the model, texture, effects and animation for them are not there.

its just traces left of things that they never really did anything with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i saw his post to it made me wanna investigate. i found this last year tho >_>.
    i just decided to share.

btw here is Robbs post
    in the file "elements.data" theres a list item for 2 new classes

Monk and Wraith Angel.

monk uses staves (kind of like a shaolin monk)
    and Warith Angel uses Whips..

however these have been there very long and chances are they changed their mind. From the map, im thinking Dark Elves.

but who knows might be just a 100+ training area.

-_- some AWESOME PROOF ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Monks are the same thing as clerics. Do I even need to say this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Clerics use magical items, have wings, and cannot fight much without using their(\our) fists + weapon.

Monks (from what I know based on real monks) are masters of ancient Martial Arts and can use spears, swords, fists, etc and (based on PWI's theme) should have magical blessings\healing skills.

Very similar classes but different in some ways.
  • AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver
    AlexanderEMT - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    thanks you two, i'm too lazy to go inter-thread for info b:laugh
    i saw his post to it made me wanna investigate. i found this last year tho >_>.
    i just decided to share.

btw here is Robbs post

-_- some AWESOME PROOF ;O
    He said something about Monks and Wraith Angels. I'm too lazy to look it up :<

Edit (got unlazy):
    b:bye
  • Akechi - Harshlands
    Akechi - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ehh, weren't monks more fighting based than healing? Unless you sub-categorize them into warrior monks and healing monks... But i do agree that the typical monk is like a cleric... ish...
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    yea monks are fightin classes lol. not the religious, healin monks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    >.< the wraith angel looks so bad **** i wouldn't mind whipping a few mobs into shape. lol wouldn't it be nice if in the future they decide to let them come out, but that would so take a lot of planning for armor, mounts, weapons, etc.
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    damn that's disappointing D= though at the same time... maybe they'll add new/similar classes in the future? ^^;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Ehh, weren't monks more fighting based than healing? Unless you sub-categorize them into warrior monks and healing monks... But i do agree that the typical monk is like a cleric... ish...
    If they were their own race with a class that healed and a fighting class, I could see it, but they would both be redundant as there are already healers and fighters in this game.

In every other game I've played, monks are healers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    If they were their own race with a class that healed and a fighting class, I could see it, but they would both be redundant as there are already healers and fighters in this game.

In every other game I've played, monks are healers.

PWI is based off China so Monks should\would\could\may be fighters\somewhat healers I guess.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are two iterations of the monk that I've seen. In one game that came out in '99, the monk is a pure dps class, and there is also a cleric class which specializes in, of course, healing. In another, developed by a different company, the monk in this FTP game specializes in healing, and there is no other healing class. There's also of course D&D (oh man, I so hope I don't get mod-smacked for that game's mention. I don't want to get into describing that one =P) where the monk is a martial arts class, and the cleric healing. There are also all sorts of different ways you can play those classes (cross-class 39 cleric, 1 monk. Pump wisdom and you are an AC god, now you can melee forever and only heal once every 4 hours!) in D&D, so ymmv.

In other news, omfg if a monk class came out, I'd so switch right now. I wanna shove my fists into some punk npc faces. But I sincerely doubt they will in the near future~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think monk would likely have a small heal skill similar to wizards or slightly stronger but rather than be magic DD + heal they would be physical DD + heal

sounds fun to me :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I think monk would likely have a small heal skill similar to wizards or slightly stronger but rather than be magic DD + heal they would be physical DD + heal

sounds fun to me :3
    Ok, that would be awesome. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think it would be awesome to get an evil set of classes. Classes that don't fight for the good of PW. But rather destroy it.

Would give us something player/player based rather than the wraith attacks. Kind of like Pk mode, but just a bad class!!! Of course they would destroy our cities and such but anyways somethin fun to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • java1
    java1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since I don't know how to start a thread I'm going ask my question here. I'm doing a quest for the fisherman in angler's Village and can't find it in the reguar forum. I'm supposed to find jade lantern. Anyone know the position for this?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    java1 wrote: »
    Since I don't know how to start a thread I'm going ask my question here. I'm doing a quest for the fisherman in angler's Village and can't find it in the reguar forum. I'm supposed to find jade lantern. Anyone know the position for this?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87681

Try looking at these quests. I'm not sure which exactly, but this is around the level you'd be getting those quests, so it will be in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Click "New Thread" at the bottom (on the left to where you click to go back to see other threads).

Pretty sure what you're asking for is the Jade Bottle Seal which is at 661 797.
  • Ryyke - Lost City
    Ryyke - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    From the look of the weapons, the monk would probably work like a Friar in a certain other MMO that I played released in 2001. It's main focus would be combat, but would also have minor heals.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wonder what sort of buffs they could have. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    0.0 Makes sense ! Now I know why there is a Kung Fu Master NPC xD
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Most of what you guys are reffering to is some code that came with PW1. I'm not sure if they have any plans on implementing any of it or not though.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i hope they release it ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i hope they release it ;O

i think its actualy quite close because of "the new place" might just be the homeland of those things <.<

im so not freaking monk b:angry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]