Frostcovered Lands quests

telessara
telessara Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Got this quest at 75 called Conforting Jade. Suppose to enter frostcovered city in single player mode. Find the curvants for Taoist Yu.
Well we went in gathered all the curvade items he asked for. Had the barb of the group turn it in. Suppose to unlock squad mode. Which we all have like 5-6 quests in there to do, and nothing has changed.
Did we miss a step or is this not even in fully in game yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by telessara on

Comments

• Devilken - Heavens Tear
    Devilken - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hey i like to know to how you open squad finnished solo so please responseb:cry
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol, same here. also, is frostlord holan guy in there too cuz i cant find him anywhere
  • mavf2xu
    mavf2xu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i am also looking for frost lord holan, where is he?
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm not sure if you already tried this, but once you have the barb turn it in, have him talk to the stele. He should be able to select team mode instead of solo mode now >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiralia
    kiralia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Has anyone managed to open it yet?
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    One possibility is that the content was available at the time and was added recently. It is for a party of 95+. If you ever looked at it you know I am not kidding. The mobs are more jammed together than vendors in west archo b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A friend went in and tried squad mode the party was level 75 to 85. The first monster in the dungeon killed everyone.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Hecatrice - Heavens Tear
    Hecatrice - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    In order to open the squad mode in Frostcovered City, the squad leader must have completed the Curvade quest and all squad members must be 75+ and not 74-. A squad can be formed with 2 players and above.

And Zoe is right, squad mode is tough, all mobs aoe and debuff you all the time.

Good luck!
  • Tikana - Heavens Tear
    Tikana - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's a real nightmare of a place lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pawado
    pawado Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    in single player mode you are requested to make ingredients for Curvade of Tao etc, requiring 1 Jade of Tao Essence and 7 Jado of Tao Fragments...where do i obtain those 2 ingredients?
  • Tikana - Heavens Tear
    Tikana - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The mobs and bosses drop the items you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightwalken - Sanctuary
    Nightwalken - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Soooo...anybody know where Holan guy is already? I find some Holan as quest from NPC, but i don't think it's a right one.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Frost Lord Holan is in frost city squad mode. You won't be able to get to him so don't worry about that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nightwalken - Sanctuary
    Nightwalken - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Frost Lord Holan is in frost city squad mode. You won't be able to get to him so don't worry about that.

Hm...what do you mean? Can't i do that when i do solo mode? I was in tehre actually and i killed some mobs for those mats which needed to make orbs for solo mode..i why i can't do squad mode? I did talked to NPC and there was Holan option?? So what the catch??
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've gone to squad mode a few times with a group of friends, about 4 times I believe. It takes 4-6 hours to kill the first 3 bosses, Then after you kill the 3rd boss, the hallways get respawned with mobs all over again, and you have to kill more u_u, we never finished.. someone always had to goto sleep.

Also seems one of the squad mode quests doesnt work, killing the 'Jaegers' doesnt add to the quest kill count(though the other mobs for that quest work normally), and a bugged quest npc appears after the 3rd boss. We never got deep enough to find Frost Lord Holan either.

Practically all the mobs aoe(expect 1shot arcanes), and blue ball doesnt work... hello Soon, the Light. (vit cleric with channeling gear and maxed Soon ftw)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In order to open the squad mode in Frostcovered City, the squad leader must have completed the Curvade quest and all squad members must be 75+ and not 74-. A squad can be formed with 2 players and above.

And Zoe is right, squad mode is tough, all mobs aoe and debuff you all the time.

Good luck!

Well, I completed the curvade quest, all three of use were 75 and over, still no squad mode option from the pillar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    Well, I completed the curvade quest, all three of use were 75 and over, still no squad mode option from the pillar....

Dear Blanch, the leader of the squad must have finished the curvade quest and talk to pillar for squad mode. We've done it many times, others have done it this way too, It must work for you as well. I do not know if your squad leader had the curvade quest done.

Take care and c ya in-game :))
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dear Blanch, the leader of the squad must have finished the curvade quest and talk to pillar for squad mode. We've done it many times, others have done it this way too, It must work for you as well. I do not know if your squad leader had the curvade quest done.

Take care and c ya in-game :))

Well, I was the squad leader, and I gave the seven curvade to the NPC asking for it. Unless there is an additional step to do after turning in the curvades?

The pillar still only show Single mode available. And that NPC asking for neo-deity scroll or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    Well, I was the squad leader, and I gave the seven curvade to the NPC asking for it. Unless there is an additional step to do after turning in the curvades?

The pillar still only show Single mode available. And that NPC asking for neo-deity scroll or something like that.

No no no, the pillar should show you the Squad Mode... hmmmm that's rly weird! Im sure though that there is no any additional step.
  • malkaviam
    malkaviam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well no.. nevermind................... <<comment edited>>
    I'll go try and see now...
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No no no, the pillar should show you the Squad Mode... hmmmm that's rly weird! Im sure though that there is no any additional step.

There is "technically" a "second" step.
    The problem is that FF is much like HH. It doesn't explicitly state it but you must have more than 4 people in your party.

Therein lies your problem; add more people to the party and the option should become available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • windfern
    windfern Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok I open the solo mode By Talking to the Toast in Frost Village (City)
    Then you talk to the pillar. to open Squad mode you have to complete the Jade Quest. So far I haven't Cause you need so many frags and anther peice I havnt found. Also Frost Lord Turned out to be a piller so far. I found two so far.
    So far i have doen solo with me a lvl 75 Veno and a 64 Veno with a herc, also took a 64 cleric and while had a few problems, it can be done pretty easy.

Oh and there is a tunnel in the middle your pets wont run down and if you force them they die, at least thats what happen to us. So when you get to the tunnel that you can see the Nine tails (Ice Sirens) there blue. Put pet away and recall it after you get out of tunnel.

Also there is a flying Mob and it seems ground pets cant attack it so your sort of screwed if you dont have cleric to spam heal. a charm helps but cost alot. Ok other then that I cnat help your Matiance made me stop before I finished.