skill question

Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver
Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
how do i teach new skills to my pet and how do i up grade them in skill lvl. by the way is it a good idea to teach my froggy bash?
Post edited by Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mr_Magoo - Lost City
    Mr_Magoo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm also curious.

I vaguely remember a thread explaining the skills from the tamer in Archosaur. Anyone got the link and is the couple of hundred K for the skills worth it?

Z
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Mr_Magoo - Lost City
    Mr_Magoo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Tx, generally speaking is it worth the $?

Z
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Tx, generally speaking is it worth the $?

Z

as a veno.. you should be rich anyhow so 200k is perfectly earnable in 20 levels, to be used to upgrade a pet skill. and in my opinion is very much worth it. the higher your bash is, the better your pet will hold agro (flesh ream doesn't do this very well from my experience) and the faster you kill mobs (and finish quests, therefore level). not to mention that if you do TW's or any other PvP encounters, you'll want to have your pet skills leveled up for max damage output. Each new level of bash comes with an additional 15% damage, so at level 3 it is dealing 170% base physical damage.

Now, I wouldn't suggest upgrade all the skills on on all your pets - and I wouldn't suggest upgrading skills on most pets even. The main ones I upgrade are the bash my petite sawfly and crystaline magmite. Or... save your coin and throw some greenbacks towards a phoenix and a herc. But id personally recommend adding Bash to the nix and maxing that out, because if you hit someone with FR and they have a cleric nearby, they will purify the bleed and you have wasted a skill. Hit em with Bash and you are dealing max damage in one hit.
    I'm a man
  • Nevedita - Dreamweaver
    Nevedita - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Also, be sure to check auction if you want to teach your pet new skills. More often than not, someone is selling them cheaper than the 300K skills Ms. Zooligist offers b:laugh

For example, just got flesh realm for 150k.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>>Check us out at "kinetic.co.nr"! Join the movement today!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Huh. I saw flesh ream in the AH for 350k. I really hope that didn't sell b:laugh

But yes, new skills the auction house is the best idea. Got myself a couple of bash-likes for 30k that way.

Can't get the 'level up' scrolls there, though - or I've never seen them, anyway.

And yes, you really want to level up your pets main skills. The attack ones in particular, or later on you'll find yourself stealing aggro and making the monsters attack you instead of your pet.

Since it's not been mentioned yet - you can't level up a pet skill more than once every 20 levels of your pet. (So: Bash1 at lvl1, 2 at lvl20 etc.)
    And yup, that means that some pets start with skills higher than they are technically allowed to have. Those are good pets to tame.