My Class Ideas :D

Options
_Big_Boss - Sanctuary
_Big_Boss - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I was just reading a post that suggested a new race, and it kinda inspired me to make up my own that I think would be cool.

So check this out:

The new race is called the Holy wraiths, they are a group of wraiths thay have been purified by pengu's grace. They'll look like wraith versions of the winged elves.

The two classes for this race are the Celebrants and the Seraphs.

-The Seraphs are the Holy wraith scouts, They specialize in stealthy CQC and wear LA. These guys are the silent bad asses their weapons are daggers. They have great damage, decent pdef and decent mdef. When killing mobs their main goal is to kill the mob before they aggro.

Because they have a skill called 'Cloak' they are able to attack the enemy without them agroing, but the cloak only lasts for 2 mins so they gotta kill as many mobs as they can 'cos the cooldown is long. But because they have high dmg it shouldn't be a problem.

But if you try to attack when cloak is off your damage is halved so you will get pwned. You gotta be wary of the cloak time you have left.

-Celebrants are the Holy wraith 'War Mages', They specialize in AoE DOT damage and wear HA. These guys are the wipe out a whole army with poisonous gas type.

Their spells can be used to affect many enemies at once and slowly send them to hell. But you gotta try and stay alive while the DOT's take affect. They have decent damage, High HP and high Pdef and low Mdef. Their skills are P. Atk but have Elemental properties.

In TT's/FB's and all that, these classes will be very valuable.

Celebrants will be able to weaken Mobs and bosses significantly, making them easier to kill. In TW they have the same affect.

Seraphs can be used to quickly go and kill mobs also they have a spell (which requires 2 sparks) called 'calm' which can be used to prevent enemies from agroing for a short while making it easier for the group. In TW they have to go around and pwn squishys, and protect their heavies.

-The HW homland will be a city in the mountains called Refuge. It'll be all snowy, but really nice.

Tell me what you think of my race/classes and if you like 'em I'll make up more skills and details.

*CHECK THE 27TH POST FOR THE SKILLS*

Btw this is totally copyrighted b:avoid My aunt's a lawyer and my uncle is Chuck Norris so any any funny business and bye bye b:beatupb:nosebleedb:faint

P.S- these are posts that I've made that add updated info: 7,11,16,18,22

By reading these you can see the updates being made without reading every
post here
'It is Like a finger pointing to the moon...Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.'
-Bruce Lee-
Enter The Dragon. b:cool
Post edited by _Big_Boss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary
    DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This race is actually really good well done.
  • Dude_Boy - Lost City
    Dude_Boy - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The Seraphs sound good. You say they'll look like wraith versions of the winged elves well hopefully the males won't be uh... y' know. :/
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They'll look really cool trust me and the animations will be bad ****.
    'It is Like a finger pointing to the moon...Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.'
    -Bruce Lee-
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Celebrants
    How would they do high magic damage if they wearing heavy armor that needs high str? And the all high Mdef and high pdef and high HP? that means they would need to have high str, high pdef and high vita....

Also, venos are already the debuffers.

Seraphs would be highly unbalanced. They would just go after bosses and farming molds without ever getting hit. Notice how you put them as high DD.

And how would you tie the two races to the PerfectWorld background story?
    Would they have no mana bar and use their HP as mana? I mean, they are still wraiths, as you said, they have only been purified.

If you were to make them so they use up their HP bar when they use skills, that would balance them out, based on what you described. After all, they are wraiths still. In addition, they would have no self healing skill, maybe a passive regen bonus 1/2 the amount of the barbarians, so they could still regain their HP at rest at a decent pace.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yo Boss nice race, I wouldn't mind playing as these classes.
    Well done bro.

Why do the Celebrants have to wear HA and not robes if they're a mag class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be only one Lord of the Elves
    And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What I should have mentioned is that Celebrant spells are P. ATk
    but the have elemental properties kinda like archers blazing arrow. So their mag doesn't have to be high.

Seraphs aren't unbalanced 'cos they can only have full attack 2 mins at a time.
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yo Boss nice race, I wouldn't mind playing as these classes.
    Well done bro.

Why do the Celebrants have to wear HA and not robes if they're a mag class?

Venos already have a all skill tree dedicated to debuffs, and quite a few DOT spells.... so Celebrants would just be venos without a pet.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not exactly 'cos they have a totally different playing style to veno's. They
    are like AoE DOT debuffers.
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    oh kk.

So give us some more detail on the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    oh kk.

So give us some more detail on the story.

Well as I said the HW were purified by pengu. The were originally a band of powerful wraiths that were bred in the tower of darkness.

They were then sent to go and attack Archosaur. On their way there they were confronted by Mater Li ( I think he's the Heaven trainer). They fought for days at the huanted path. The wraiths had been over 100 in number but by the end there were only 3 ( yes master Li kicks that much ****).

But in The end he was disarmed and injured. But the wraiths showed compassion and didn't hurt him.

So because of this Pengu blessed the wraiths and created a new race from them. The three wraiths that survived were the WH Elder, the Seraph Trainer and the celebrant trainer.

They created a home in the mountains and cultivated their society. Now they have the strength to join the war.
    -Bruce Lee-
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For the def stats, you need to go by the armors they wear. You say Seraphs wear LA, so they would have moderate defenses, not poor, as you say. And Celebrants, that wear HA would need poor m.def, but great p.def. Pay attention to that when talking about how well the defense stats are.

Also, a small detail about Seraphs. I think your underestimating just how much time 5 minutes is in a video game environment, particularly if they can 1 shot everything but bosses. If this is the case, they might be able to totally clear a small instanced dungeon, a medium sized one if they work quickly. Maybe reduce the power they have so they don't 1 shot everything, or reduce the time the this cloak skill is active, even with a long cool down.

The Celebrants look alright, but I'm not sure about a caster that wears HA and deals p.dmg. Depending on the kind of spell they cast, they could still have mostly elemental properties with few purely physical attacks, and wear arcane, and still fulfill the role you want them to. I'm also not sure about this anti aggro move they have, as it might make things a lot easier, and make it so even players with poor skill come out looking better then they really are, which is something no good player wants.

You have a good start with these, they just need some balancing and adjusting before they can even be considered usable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For the def stats, you need to go by the armors they wear. You say Seraphs wear LA, so they would have moderate defenses, not poor, as you say. And Celebrants, that wear HA would need poor m.def, but great p.def. Pay attention to that when talking about how well the defense stats are.

Also, a small detail about Seraphs. I think your underestimating just how much time 5 minutes is in a video game environment, particularly if they can 1 shot everything but bosses. If this is the case, they might be able to totally clear a small instanced dungeon, a medium sized one if they work quickly. Maybe reduce the power they have so they don't 1 shot everything, or reduce the time the this cloak skill is active, even with a long cool down.

The Celebrants look alright, but I'm not sure about a caster that wears HA and deals p.dmg. Depending on the kind of spell they cast, they could still have mostly elemental properties with few purely physical attacks, and wear arcane, and still fulfill the role you want them to. I'm also not sure about this anti aggro move they have, as it might make things a lot easier, and make it so even players with poor skill come out looking better then they really are, which is something no good player wants.

You have a good start with these, they just need some balancing and adjusting before they can even be considered usable.

Ty for the feed back I'll go edit the OP.

Celebrants need High defence 'cos they'll have to tank shots while the DoT's take effect.
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    K good the story is looking convincing. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Btw what weapon do the celebrants use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ^^They'll use dual axes, dual hammers etc.
    -Bruce Lee-
  • DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary
    DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your class has come a long way since I last posted hear. Suffice to say there is still some balancing that needs to be done.

But some classes that exist now have an unfair edge. What I'm curious about is what will the flying mounts be?
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They will fly on clouds. That have all different glowing effects and stuff.

Holy Glider is the standard one at lvl 30 then there's:
    -Angel Skimmer
    -Mystic song
    -Soaring Mist
    -Imperial flight
    -Wraithen Glory
    -Pengu's Mercy
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They will fly on clouds. That have all different glowing effects and stuff.

Holy Glider is the standard one at lvl 30 then there's:
    -Angel Skimmer
    -Mystic song
    -Soaring Mist
    -Imperial flight
    -Wraithen Glory
    -Pengu's Mercy

Why clouds? I would think they would fly in some sort of skeleton bird.
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They're good guys now if they were to fly on a skeleton bird they'd look bad.
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I still don't entirely get the celebrants Oo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    K i've made some changes to the celebrant class. I'll put these edits on the OP

They wear HA and HA only because they need to survive while their DOTS take affect.

That means the will need str, dex and vit

Their 'spells' don't take much mana as the are all P.def but have elemental properites. Kinda like archers viscous arrow.

While grinding and questing the can cast their DOTs on many different opponents 'cos all their skills are AoE.
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok now It makes more sense. They sound cool AoE grinding with them would pwn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boxing00emperor
    boxing00emperor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The seraphs are the **** If only they were in-game, I would re-roll. T_T
    JD VS PWI
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    I'm skipping school for the release date :D
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So boss you gonna list the skills or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boxing00emperor
    boxing00emperor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So boss you gonna list the skills or what?

It would a while to make up skills and make sure they're balanced we don't want another 'Veno situation' QQ.
    JD VS PWI
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    I'm skipping school for the release date :D
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    K here's the Celebrant skills-

-Level 1-

*HOLY SMASH*
    focus your energy and release a powerful strike dealing base damage plus 50% of weapon damage.

-Level 3-

*SEARING FURY*
    Cast blazing rays at all enemies within a 10 meter radius
    dealing fire dmg equal to base p.dmg for 15 secs.

-Level 6-
    *ARTIC WIND*
    Cast Freezing rays at enemies within a 10 meter radius
    dealing frost dmg equal to base p.dmg for 15 secs with a 30% chance to slow enemies.

-Level 9-
    *PENGU'S REACH*
    increase the radius of all AoE moves.

*HAUNTED BLAST*
    Deal a quick strike at the enemy weilding the power of Lightening
    deals base p.dmg plus metal dmg equal to base p.dmg.

-Level 13-
    *HOLY SHELL*
    Use your blessings to increase the dmg of your AoE attacks for 3 mins by 20%.

-Level 16-

*MYSTIC POWER*
    Use your power to add a random element dmg of 10% base dmg to your normal attacks for 10mins.

-Level 19-

*GHOSTLY BLAST*
    Use your old wraithen hate to poison enemies in a 10 meter radius. inflicting base p.dmg plus wood dmg for 15 secs.

-Level 23-
    *GREAT TAUNT*
    Get the agro of all enemies in a 10 meter radius at the 20% risk of stunning yourself for 3 secs.

*HOLY AID*
    Bless you and your allies increasing their base dmg by 15% for 10 mins.

-Level 26-
    *SKIES GLORY*
    Strike the enemy inflicting base p.dmg plus an addon number that increases with lvl.

-Level 29-
    *ELDER'S PROTECTION*
    Use your knowledge to increae your M.def by 20% for 10 mins.

*TREMOR*
    Use all your strength to cause an earth quake inflicting Earth dmg on the enemy for 15 secs equal to base p.dmg.

*WEATHER'S BANE*
    Use to decrease the enemies resistence to all element types for 3 mins.

*STRIDE LEFT*
    Use your footwork to glide to the left for 10 meters

*STRIDE RIGHT*
    use your footwork to glide right for 10 meters

-Level 34-
    *SPIKE*
    Use sharp ghostly blades to cause enemies in a 10 meter radius to bleed. Causing base p.dmg plus 15% weapon dmg for 15 secs.

-level 39-
    *ABSORB*
    Focus your defence to convert 10% of dmg recieved into a 20% speed increase for 1 min.

-Level 44-
    *CONCENTRATE*
    increases the duration of Dot dmg. by 1 sec.

-level 49-
    *BLUNT CHOP*
    Swing a blow at the enemy causing base p.dmg with a 40% chance to stun.

-Level 59-

*GOD'S RAGE*
    jump up and smash the gorund causing enemies in a 10 meter radius to suffer every element dmg equal to base dmg until dead making their attack rate drop by 10%.

Now here's the Seraph skills The skills in yellow are ones that do full damage with cloak off.

-Level 1-
    *CLOAK*
    Cover yourself in a shroud of shadows stopping enemies from noticing your presence for 2 mins

*PRECISE STAB*
    Stab the opponent in a critical way causing base p.dmg plus taking an extra 20% of their HP.

-Level 6-

*SWIFT SHADOW*
    Use your power to increase your speed by 20* and your attack rate by 9% for 2 mins.

-Level 9-

*COLD HEART*
    Use your blade to deal base p.dmg plus water dmg equal to 70% of base dmg.

*INFERNO STRIKE*
    Use your energy to strike the opponent causing base dmg and fire dmg equal to 65% of base dmg.

*RETREAT*
    Create a way to escape capture by stabbing your enemy causing no damage but has a 90% chance to stun

*DAGGER SHOT*
    Throw a dagger made of your energy at the enemy causing base dmg with a 40% chance to slow the enemy.
    -Level 13-

*PRECISE AURA*
    Increase your accuracy by 90% for 10 mins
    -Level 19-

*Dagger Mastery*
    Increase Dagger dmg by 6%

*DISTRACT*
    Throw your dagger at the enemy causing them to suffer bleed dmg at 60% of base p.dmg

-Level 23-

*SHADOW LIGHTENING*
    Strike the enemy at close range causing base p.dmg plus metal dmg equal to 60%

*FIRE FRAG*
    Throw down a ball of fire causing fire dmg equal to base damage. To enemies in a 10 meter radius.

-Level 29-

*PESTILENCE*
    Charge up your energy and strike your enemy causing base p.dmg plus 90% extra dmg

*SHARP EDGE*
    Strike the enemy causing base p.dmg plus 700 and lowering their pdef by 11%

*WISDOM*
    Increase Mdef by 15% for 10 mins

-Level 34-
    *FLOOD*
    Call upon the water to kill enemies directly ahead of you causing base p.dmg plus 70% water dmg.

-Level 39-

*FLEE*
    Increase jump height by 70% for 1min

*THREATEN*
    Shout at the enemy causing them to be knocked back by 10 meters

-Level 44-

*SANDTRAP*
    Set of your trap and slow down all enemies in a 10 meter radius also causes Earth dmg equal to base p.dmg

-Level 49-

*SHOW OFF*
    Cast a spell on your allies and youself causing you to glow nice random colours for 1 min also making you immune to stuns and DOT dmg.

*RAPID CONFLICT*
    Permanently increase your attack rate by 15%.

-Level 59-

*CALM*
    Cause all enemies within a 30 meter radius not to agro for 30 secs.

These skills were created by Lairian for the serpah:
    Dual Thrust
    Attacks with both daggers at once, dealing a greatly increased amount of damage.

Vital Attack
    Deal a quick strike to the enemies vitals, dealing additional damage, and inflicting either stun, bleed or p.def reduction.

Dagger Mastery
    Duh....No explanation needed I think

Smokescreen
    Cast a smokescreen around all enemies with a 12 meter radius to greatly reduce accuracy and attack rate.

Dash
    Increases move speed for 15 seconds.

Toxic Dagger
    Coats the daggers in deadly poison. Inflicts p.dmg and poisons enemy.

Flurry of Blades
    Increases attack speed for a limited time.

Slit Throat
    Deals a huge amount of damage by slitting the targets throught.

Sharpen Daggers
    Temporarily increase p.atk.

Knife Throw
    Throws a concealed knife to inflict weapon dmg to a target at a distance.

Sever Tendons
    Cut an enemies tendons to paralyze them, and deal additional dmg.

Dagger Blitz
    Rapidly stab an enemy over a set period of time, dealing normal dmg at a greatly increased rate (does not stack with Flurry of Blades)

Diving Strike
    Dive at the enemy daggers first, inflicting a large amount of damage, and forcing them back.
    -Bruce Lee-
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He probably doesn't need to make the full details of the skills, just give a rough description of the skill, like what appears when you mouse over a skill on the skill tree (Just gives a quick description, what lvl it's learned at, the cultivation lvl, and when it can be upgraded). If Boss says it's ok here, then other players here can even give some ideas that might fit (I know I have a few). Probably shouldn't list them without his say so (he does make a point of the whole copyright thing after all.)

Edit: Beaten to it. Well, if you want some suggestions Boss, they can still be provided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • _Big_Boss - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He probably doesn't need to make the full details of the skills, just give a rough description of the skill, like what appears when you mouse over a skill on the skill tree (Just gives a quick description, what lvl it's learned at, the cultivation lvl, and when it can be upgraded). If Boss says it's ok here, then other players here can even give some ideas that might fit (I know I have a few). Probably shouldn't list them without his say so (he does make a point of the whole copyright thing after all.)

Edit: Beaten to it. Well, if you want some suggestions Boss, they can still be provided.

Any help u can give will be Brilliant b:pleased
    -Bruce Lee-
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Those skills look so cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Any help u can give will be Brilliant b:pleased

Alrighty then. You seem to have the Celebrant skills down (most are good, but some need balancing, particularly God's Rage), so I'll list some ideas for Seraphs (the cloak skill is already there, so I won't list that). Not a full skill tree by any means, but a start.

Dual Thrust
    Attacks with both daggers at once, dealing a greatly increased amount of damage.

Vital Attack
    Deal a quick strike to the enemies vitals, dealing additional damage, and inflicting either stun, bleed or p.def reduction.

Dagger Mastery
    Duh....No explanation needed I think

Smokescreen
    Cast a smokescreen around all enemies with a 12 meter radius to greatly reduce accuracy and attack rate.

Dash
    Increases move speed for 15 seconds.

Toxic Dagger
    Coats the daggers in deadly poison. Inflicts p.dmg and poisons enemy.

Flurry of Blades
    Increases attack speed for a limited time.

Slit Throat
    Deals a huge amount of damage by slitting the targets throught.

Sharpen Daggers
    Temporarily increase p.atk.

Knife Throw
    Throws a concealed knife to inflict weapon dmg to a target at a distance.

Sever Tendons
    Cut an enemies tendons to paralyze them, and deal additional dmg.

Dagger Blitz
    Rapidly stab an enemy over a set period of time, dealing normal dmg at a greatly increased rate (does not stack with Flurry of Blades)

Diving Strike
    Dive at the enemy daggers first, inflicting a large amount of damage, and forcing them back.

That's what I've got so far. Not sure if they fit, but it's a start.

Most of the Celebrant skills I've thought of are really similar to some Boss listed, so I won't bother with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people