Player levels shown.

Options
shockix
shockix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
READ FIRST
I am unsure if this has been suggested, but I would greatly like to see player levels implemented so other players can easily view. (Like the level beside the other players name). I would suggest this to only be seen when OUT of PVP mode so that PvP will not be changed, but this will greatly help for players questing, etc.

The color scale can still remain effective for pvp'ers and in NO way affect pvping. In order for this to be successful for both pvp and non pvp, I also suggest that once you unflag pvp, your level will remain unshown for the full duration remaining on your pvp status, in addition an extra 20 minutes after you are functionally not pvp flagged.

This would help in many situations, such as the cat shops, by looking at player level you can add Level + Shop Title = Better idea of what the shop sells and if it pertains to your level.

Please implement this feature ASAP.

Please use the poll to vote at the top of the page.
Post edited by shockix on

Comments

• Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    YES, oh please yes. It's gonna be a hard PvP career without this.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Tabit - Sanctuary
    Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not entirely true.

Actually you can have what's called spotters if you do implement the ability to see levels out of PvP mode.

Imagine if levels was able to be spotted by fellow player in blue names?

Think about that. Get a faction mate that's not in PvP and he can type levels of people and then stand right next to them with just a quick couple numbers to his fellow High levels in PvP mode.

This is just one way you can break the system. :/

Also, I notice soem people actualyl have what is called bank accounts. Where they store Higher lvl equipment/items in their alternates or different account to be able to play and be in Cat mode all day.

Level really doesn't always determine what items are being sold. You will just have to do one of two things. Rely on Catshop searching or go to AH and buy what you need. :D
  • Ferisu - Lost City
    Ferisu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Urm, this may sound mean and such, but why not just use "Player Info". Look at their equips and look for the highest level piece of equipment they have and get an approx. level. You don't really need to know spot on for pking unless you're just scarred about attacking high levels... which usually means you shouldn't be pking at all though. o.o

As for the cat shops... I have no opinion there, lawl. I just browse em all until I find what I want. xD
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Urm, this may sound mean and such, but why not just use "Player Info". Look at their equips and look for the highest level piece of equipment they have and get an approx. level. You don't really need to know spot on for pking unless you're just scarred about attacking high levels... which usually means you shouldn't be pking at all though. o.o

As for the cat shops... I have no opinion there, lawl. I just browse em all until I find what I want. xD

which is why when I pk I use lvl 1 equips, then right as I start to attack or defend, I switch to my real equips and whip out my pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the posts, I do that this will be a GREAT benefit.
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This feature will only **** many people off. I don't need to go into detail to explain why other than it makes it easier for high levels to lure bosses to aoe kill low levels. Also this is a major problem for PvE servers since you can switch into PvP mode at any time and out of PvP mode after certain period. You also can just put up a slogan above your head to show that you are looking for a squad and it shows your level all in yellow text.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This feature will only **** many people off. I don't need to go into detail to explain why other than it makes it easier for high levels to lure bosses to aoe kill low levels. Also this is a major problem for PvE servers since you can switch into PvP mode at any time and out of PvP mode after certain period. You also can just put up a slogan above your head to show that you are looking for a squad and it shows your level all in yellow text.

I disagree, I believe this will have more benefits than non-benefits.
  • Wynthy - Heavens Tear
    Wynthy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    can you just do this like yes it will make change but change is good and if u dont like it you better get used to it because i have recently started this game and this was one of the downs for meb:angry and its a real pain if i dont know what lvl they for pvp or not but pve for sureb:angry is so and you decide to put this in just put it in the player info, so only if you would like to know what lvl they are you atleast have the optionb:cry.
    I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR GUYSES PROBLEM IS!!why havent you done this already!!b:angry
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah, leave it as it is.
    Quit.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    can you just do this like yes it will make change but change is good and if u dont like it you better get used to it because i have recently started this game and this was one of the downs for meb:angry and its a real pain if i dont know what lvl they for pvp or not but pve for sureb:angry is so and you decide to put this in just put it in the player info, so only if you would like to know what lvl they are you atleast have the optionb:cry.
    I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR GUYSES PROBLEM IS!!why havent you done this already!!b:angry

I agree, I was certain that this simple suggestion was ALREADY in the game when I played it. I find it universal in a high majority of MMORPG games.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It has never been a problem for me on a PvE server and it would be a major problem if this was implemented on a PvP server.

Join a faction and learn what weapons and armor for the different levels look like. The fact that the levels aren't shown helps level the playing field.

The only reason I can see that this could be a problem is if you don't know how to communicate when looking for a squad.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Looking for more supporters.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    More yes's then no's, bump ^)^
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Whether the level is shown or not is just a matter of the style of playing the game is supporting. Many game out there display other's level because they want to appeal to a different group of player. The suggestion here do not improve the game in anyway, it is just to make the game appeal to a group of player at the expense of other.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think its a fair change to implement.

People who are not high levels participate in PKing.

Those players in that medium range that go bright red love to PK and use their Redness as a warning signals to other PK players that they have killed many so many PKers will leave them alone.

Their redness can also make others that might be higher level them then run for the hills thinking there is a High Level Pker coming.

If peoples levels were shown you would see a decrese in the Mid Level pking for sure and it would only be high levels left.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think its a fair change to implement.

People who are not high levels participate in PKing.

Those players in that medium range that go bright red love to PK and use their Redness as a warning signals to other PK players that they have killed many so many PKers will leave them alone.

Their redness can also make others that might be higher level them then run for the hills thinking there is a High Level Pker coming.

If peoples levels were shown you would see a decrese in the Mid Level pking for sure and it would only be high levels left.

Thats why I said to not use it for pking, I would recommend to still use the color scale for pking, Im talking about using it when INACTIVE Pk.
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They could easily make this like WoW and be able to see character's levels up to 10 levels higher than you are. I think that would be fair.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They could easily make this like WoW and be able to see character's levels up to 10 levels higher than you are. I think that would be fair.

Thanks for the support!
  • Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver
    Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:victory i agree :thanks
  • StrangeScar - Lost City
    StrangeScar - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    n.o

Big advantage if the enemy cant read my lvl, as i still have my lvl 60 stuff and wear my lvl 70 weapon with me, they underestimate me and die due thatb:victory
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    n.o

Big advantage if the enemy cant read my lvl, as i still have my lvl 60 stuff and wear my lvl 70 weapon with me, they underestimate me and die due thatb:victory

Are you referring to pvping? if so, I have already addressed that the color scale would still remain effective when pvp active.
  • Immortelle - Dreamweaver
    Immortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    why not just add a symbol everytime you you gain 10 lvls
    then you dont know precise lvl but atleast you get an idea

idk, just making this up while it being 4:30 am
    excuse me if its lame
    b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was born in love with thee
    Josh <3 22-01-2009
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about if you see only the levels of people who are not in pvp mode? That way it wouldnt hurt pvp people at all. Then there's the question: is it necessary to see people's level if they are fighting against you? I'd say yes but it's just my thought.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Meepsds - Harshlands
    Meepsds - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not entirely true.

Actually you can have what's called spotters if you do implement the ability to see levels out of PvP mode.

Imagine if levels was able to be spotted by fellow player in blue names?

Think about that. Get a faction mate that's not in PvP and he can type levels of people and then stand right next to them with just a quick couple numbers to his fellow High levels in PvP mode.

This is just one way you can break the system.

Also, I notice soem people actualyl have what is called bank accounts. Where they store Higher lvl equipment/items in their alternates or different account to be able to play and be in Cat mode all day.

Level really doesn't always determine what items are being sold. You will just have to do one of two things. Rely on Catshop searching or go to AH and buy what you need. :D

red: wats a spotter?
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about if you see only the levels of people who are not in pvp mode? That way it wouldnt hurt pvp people at all. Then there's the question: is it necessary to see people's level if they are fighting against you? I'd say yes but it's just my thought.

Thats what I suggested ;)
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    YES, oh please yes. It's gonna be a hard PvP career without this.

No it won't silly.

You might think that your gonna use this feature to beat up on noobs or run from high levels.

What actually will happen is that the high levels will come and pound your face in as soon as you hit 30 and leave a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Or.. you just check player info for their gear to know what lvl they are.

If u want to know their level so u can quest/grind together to form a squad, just ask him/her what the lvl is lol, they will tell u.

dont see any benefit in this. Leave it the way it is, more fun and gives more exciting, not everybody has to see my level. Takes the fun away.

Leave it as it is. You can see their lvl bij lookin at playerinfo, is that not good enough?
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Or.. you just check player info for their gear to know what lvl they are.

If u want to know their level so u can quest/grind together to form a squad, just ask him/her what the lvl is lol, they will tell u.

dont see any benefit in this. Leave it the way it is, more fun and gives more exciting, not everybody has to see my level. Takes the fun away.

Leave it as it is. You can see their lvl bij lookin at playerinfo, is that not good enough?

Looking at their gear doesn't give you an exact level. Why whisper and disturb people if this small little feature can be implemented into the game. Why exactly are you against this feature? Could you please clarify the downfall?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    shockix wrote: »
    Looking at their gear doesn't give you an exact level. Why whisper and disturb people if this small little feature can be implemented into the game. Why exactly are you against this feature? Could you please clarify the downfall?

This is the whole reason why player levels should NOT be shown. If someone asks me I rarely tell them my level especially my PvP server char.

I sometimes purposely wear low level armor so that I can take on a PK attempt by surprise.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is the whole reason why player levels should NOT be shown. If someone asks me I rarely tell them my level especially my PvP server char.

I sometimes purposely wear low level armor so that I can take on a PK attempt by surprise.

Then maybe gear should not be allowed to be inspected UNLESS that player is in your squad.