Dreamweaver's Top 10 Fail list.

Henery - Dreamweaver
Henery - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Note, I do not mention any names of anyone in this thread. I don't do this to prevent flaming and other stuff like that. If you want to correct me, go right ahead.

#10 - Mob Hijackers - Just because you guys cannot join a squad to help you grind or do your quests, don't come hijacking my mobs when I attacked them firstb:angry

#9 - World chat spammers - I have no idea why you people waste over 200k in one hour using world chat spams, I have no idea why.

#8 - Useless territory war challenges - I have no idea why a level 2 faction would want to fight calamity or equinox, but they are basically just offering a sacrifice of money to their faction.

#7 - People demanding a cleric to revive them - Hey, its not the cleric's fault you died. Don't start flamming at them to revive you.

#6 - High Level Snobs - There aren't many of these, but still I hate it when a high level thinks they are always right.

#5 - Popularity through Money - I hate people that spend tons of Zen/Gold for flashy stuff to become popular, and it turns out their a snob. Popularity should be through how nice a person is if you ask me.

#4 - Pointless Duels - Why do some people waste MP and pots on pointless duels that don't count for anything? If you want to waste your stuff, go to PVP.

#3 - Catshops that don't match their description - Stop wasting my time and get your facts right! When you say mats, you mean herbs you idiot!

#2 - Scammers - Stop trying to scam people to get your own money! Get a life and stop scamming over a game.

#1 - Me (Henery) - For wasting my life for making this thread.

I hope that this is nothing personal to anyone. I didn't list any names, so I don't really see a problem with it.
Post edited by Henery - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kyni - Dreamweaver
    Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    #10 - Mob Hijackers - Just because you guys cannot join a squad to help you grind or do your quests, don't come hijacking my mobs when I attacked them first

it's more funny, yet annoying when people that hijack (or in other words, Kill Steal) your mob and the one of the two things i hear after that. "hey" or "wanna squad?" OR they just send you an invite to one as a form of apology and not saying a ******n word! D:<
    #9 - World chat spammers - I have no idea why you people waste over 200k in one hour using world chat spams, I have no idea why.

i honestly agree with you on world chat spammers. but i think people do this as a form of (and don't get me wrong here, but this is my opinion) "Entertainment"? XD there are some people that have too much money and don't know what the hell to do with it and decided to purchase teleacoustics and throw out random **** that doesn't have to deal with needing assistance on quests and stuff.
    #8 - Useless territory war challenges - I have no idea why a level 2 faction would want to fight calamity or equinox, but they are basically just offering a sacrifice of money to their faction.

i don't know why either, but it could be that they think they can take it and maybe get lucky? NOT! i find it amusing in a way, but it's just SAD! XD
    #7 - People demanding a cleric to revive them - Hey, its not the cleric's fault you died. Don't start flamming at them to revive you.

oh i remember the one time when my veno was questing at Broken Bow Bluff and a dead veno asking desperately for a cleric to revive for 10 minutes! i tell her to just respawn to town and she yelled out "NO! I WANT TO KEEP MY EXP! I NEED A CLERIC FOR REZ PLZZZZ!!!" and like nearly another 10 minutes later a cleric came along and did a level 1 resurrection on that annoying veno. hilariously enough, she yelled out that she still lost some exp LOL!
    #6 - High Level Snobs - There aren't many of these, but still I hate it when a high level thinks they are always right.

everyone will always say something that will be against something that is correct in the first place.
    #5 - Popularity through Money - I hate people that spend tons of Zen/Gold for flashy stuff to become popular, and it turns out their a snob. Popularity should be through how nice a person is if you ask me.

like spending a lot of gold on an expensive mount that doesn't even look fitting to the character, flies through town showing off. then heading out of town, switches to another mount. wtf.
    #4 - Pointless Duels - Why do some people waste MP and pots on pointless duels that don't count for anything? If you want to waste your stuff, go to PVP.

trying to live out through a duel that doesn't last for a minute or just won't admit that they're gonna lose :P
    #3 - Catshops that don't match their description - Stop wasting my time and get your facts right! When you say mats, you mean herbs you idiot!

and yet we still see people do it! XD see a catshop that says they're selling mats, enter in and it's nothing but DQs. WTF! XP
    #2 - Scammers - Stop trying to scam people to get your own money! Get a life and stop scamming over a game.

in-game scammers: for those that don't know how to scam right in real life... O.o

i remember hearing some person asking someone else if they can borrow their level 20 mount and will give it back. stupid lol.

nah! should've included me for actually wasting my life for giving a response to all 10 LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
    >> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
    >> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
    >> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
  • Firelance - Dreamweaver
    Firelance - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Good list.
    My reply to #6 people is:
    "I closed beta tested this game, did you?"
    Usually, it's a no.
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nice list, but u missed few fact's here ;)

Some faction just want to have fun, not run for territories.

It takes only 5sec and a bit of MP to revive someone, so that might be considered as a common courtesy. Even buffing a random person wont distract u for very long. Unfortunately, there are always annoying individuals that makes u black list them instead of reviving b:chuckle

I've seen many high level noobs thinking they always know the best. But, honestly, i've been in too many squads where lower lev ppl dont want to listen a word i say... just bcoz im higher lev then they are or they want to show how awesome they are b:surrender

Duels are the best way for testing ur new skills or strategy. U can try everything without risk of losing items/angels.

Actually, mats are not only herbs - resources (stone,metal,wood,energy, herbs), twilight temple drops, lunar, frost walk..... all this can be named "mats" b:surrender
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    actually, if u get the cupboard, your gonna be surprised at what this game considers as a mat. pet scrolls, dqs, fragments, oddly enough, not gems...
    friendship crystals, xp tokens, a ton of things actually.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Some faction just want to have fun, not run for territories.

But as I've said to my own faction when they ask when we're going for a bit of fun... We'll go when we're strong enough to at least pose a bit of a challenge to the opposition. Being wiped out in a sneeze is not fun b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For the faction one i could have a lvl 2 guild it doesnt really matter since it can have 100 people and only 80 goes to TW.
    Lvl 2 guild with 100 80+ still could beat Equinox or Calamity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It takes only 5sec and a bit of MP to revive someone, so that might be considered as a common courtesy. Even buffing a random person wont distract u for very long. Unfortunately, there are always annoying individuals that makes u black list them instead of reviving b:chuckle
    This is pretty much exactly like asking for charity. The ones being solicited for assistance is under no obligation to help. Demanding assistance (what the OP said) is like demanding charity. It won't get you anything but somebody annoyed at you.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For the faction one i could have a lvl 2 guild it doesnt really matter since it can have 100 people and only 80 goes to TW.
    Lvl 2 guild with 100 80+ still could beat Equinox or Calamity

Hi.

Yes and No, in that order.

Over here in sunny Calamity, our top 80 cuts off at 84. That + TW Experience + Better Strategy and Planning = Win.

We defended against EQ's top 80 with the lower 50 of our Top 80.

Not to sound superior and smug, but you're delusional. Levels mean very little when they match.

Find a way to shut down the power grid of our TW coordinators, overload our Vent server to the point of malfunctioning, and severely outlevel us. Then you will win.
    hai2u
  • Kyni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Hi.

Over here in sunny Calamity, our top 80 cuts off at 84. That + TW Experience + Better Strategy and Planning = Win.

Not to sound superior and smug, but you're delusional. Levels mean very little when they match.

Find a way to shut down the power grid of our TW coordinators, overload our Vent server to the point of malfunctioning, and severely outlevel us. Then you will win.

i agree. you can't have a group of high levels that have no experience in TW going against whoever they're attacking that has 10x more experience in TW, regardless of whether that your group's levels are higher than theirs are and also it doesn't matter if you've read a guide and/or seen videos on TW, they will still whoop your butts, because they know what they're doing.
    I've seen many high level noobs thinking they always know the best. But, honestly, i've been in too many squads where lower lev ppl dont want to listen a word i say... just bcoz im higher lev then they are or they want to show how awesome they are b:surrender

actually, i find funnier when i hear newbies killing a mob and saying that they're the "greatest". and i couldn't help myself at that time but i walked up to the guy and asked for a duel and won. then saying "who's the greatest now?!" then run off b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi.

Well you do sound smug and superior, but to be honest, I've been on other games where the top guilds like to brag alot. This doesn't seem to be the case on Perfect World as I can see

I do wanna try out a TW, been in other games were I was one of the best in PvP. So I like to challenge the best
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi.

umm not exactly our top 80. we didnt even had 80 people in the last TW...

you cant send top 80 to one TW when you have others b:shutup
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    umm not exactly our top 80. we didnt even had 80 people in the last TW...

you cant send top 80 to one TW when you have others b:shutup

I'm talking about our first encounter. You remember, the failed 3-way gank attempt?

EQ was attacking us and only us. We were defending. I'm not talking about your most recent fail. So many to keep track of, eh?
    hai2u
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the first one i was on vacation. So ya i never made it to that one
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    #1 reminds me of the other day. I had just started attacking a quest boss (Farng), when a veno comes up and has her pet start attacking him. So I keep on attacking, and about 3/4 of the way through Farng's HP the pet dies. XD

Then she sends out her other pet, but by then I had killed him.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Kyni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    #1 reminds me of the other day. I had just started attacking a quest boss (Farng), when a veno comes up and has her pet start attacking him. So I keep on attacking, and about 3/4 of the way through Farng's HP the pet dies. XD

#10 you mean :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
  • Viroment - Dreamweaver
    Viroment - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009

You killed him at Lv 30?
    Proud member of Exclusive :D
  • Larxene - Dreamweaver
    Larxene - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    He is a cleric; heal and attack, heal and attack!!! ;)
  • Varsity - Dreamweaver
    Varsity - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wow dude your so original.....
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    #10 - Mob Hijackers - Just because you guys cannot join a squad to help you grind or do your quests, don't come hijacking my mobs when I attacked them firstb:angry

Well, this can happen accidentally, especially with classes that attack from afar, e.g. Venomancer. Sometimes you just can't see that the mob you have targeted is already attacked by somebody else. So I would be very careful to accuse somebody.

This can only be regulated by active GMs and appropriate punishment. It is no use to say something on the appropriate channel as a normal user.

Common problem to all MMO(RP)Gs with a healer class that is able to revive. Simple solution is not to help these people. It is their waste of time then.

Unfortunalety the descriptions for player shops is usually limited so that it usually not possible to mention everything one sells in the description. But within these limitations it is usually better the name the shop properly.
    And there is a simple solution here as well. Just ignore shops with improper descriptions.

Again, only solvable by active GMs. But ignoring helps as well because as long as they scam they do not make any money by themself.

But I miss something in the list that annoys me. This is any request (join a squad, faction invitation, duell challenge, etc.) that just pops up without anyone addressing me first. That is why most MMO(RP)Gs don't deserve the RP part IMHO.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Note, I do not mention any names of anyone in this thread. I don't do this to prevent flaming and other stuff like that. If you want to correct me, go right ahead.

I hope that this is nothing personal to anyone. I didn't list any names, so I don't really see a problem with it.

If those are the top 10 worst things about DW I'd say we got a pretty good server.
  • kryseis
    kryseis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good list.
    Usually, it's a no.

You should add, "people who think they are better than you because they were in closed beta," to your list.
  • $exveno - Sanctuary
    $exveno - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good list.
    Usually, it's a no.

yep I did

/10char
  • raymp3
    raymp3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you ever lose your mind and get a Wardrobe stone you will also be possibly surprised at all the stuff you can store in there as well.

It would seem the word CLOTHES as in all the many "things you wear" and loses something in the translation to Japanese and translates to mean Absolutely nothing other than those Lime green Bermuda boutique shorts that you thought were awesome (but everyone else thought made you look like an idiot) or your Leopard Bikini.
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Correct me if i'm wrong but the topic title is a failure.
    It should have been : PWI Top 10 Fail List.
    All these fail points are on every server, these are not specific to DW only.
    I am not saying i disagree with the content but the topic title is just not right.
    b:bye
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yay for originality and boredom while doing WQ!!
    #10 - Mob Hijackers - Just because you guys cannot join a squad to help you grind or do your quests, don't come hijacking my mobs when I attacked them first

I had this happen on one of my alts. Went to attack something, and there was another cleric Cycloning the same mob. Didn't say a damn thing.

With gold prices the way they are, and the amount of teles they buy...I wonder why period. (Unless they buy via cat shop and I still wonder why because one is what, 25k?)

It's all about having fun, no matter how many people snicker, point, and laugh.

At lower levels, I can see why this can be a pain. A level 1 res does nothing. What level clerics are around West Arch on a regular basis? Those with level 1 res. Hence, there will still be a 5% exp loss no matter what. At higher levels, on the other hand, .2% exp loss is a helluva lot better than a whole percent, especially when you're at 95% to next level and a freaking Ultrafin Supreme thought it was nice to hit you with a physical attack...when they normally spit water...and you're in arcane.

I haven't run into high level snobs. I've run into all-level snobs. I've had a level 4x get verbally nasty to me. Um...excuse me? Who are you talking to?

Their money, whatever. But there are some who need to show a little more humility.

...You actually pot during a duel?!!!

Hey, in my defense, I have a sarcastic/humorous nature. My catshop will be titled something cryptic, but original. On that note, check out my catshop titled "Cookies?" tonight!

Not entirely sure what you mean by this. But I've seen things overpriced in catshops and I'm like..."erm, okay, not worth that much, WTF you doing?"

I omitted #1 due to my sarcastic nature. I can get really nasty. Don't want to subject ya to thaty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver
    Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Of course strategy matters, but gear, charm and apo are way more important in TW.