drop rate suddenly very bad???

Lilmuffin - Harshlands
Lilmuffin - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
iam a lvl 45 bm and i was grinding on some lvl 47 mobs scicne i was lvl 40 cuz of the great drop rate i haven't had to grind much scince then cuz of bounty hutner so i havent' grinded there in 3 lvls but the drop rate is **** now it doesn' drop hardly anything i thought the drop rate only went down when you lvl past the monster iam not past that lvl iam still under it so shouldn't the drop rate still be good ??? all info is appreciated b:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by Lilmuffin - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sometimes the droprate seems to go down for no reason. It normally picks back up later on. I've had times where I killed 60 monsters and got nothing at all, but I've also had times I made over 100k on the same 60 monsters.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I find I get worse drop-rate at peak times, and better drop rate when there are few players on. 6 in the morning, if I'm up, I can get crazy-good drops off mobs.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I find it about the same better at non peak times and depends on what mobs you are going after.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I did a run of an fb59 few days ago and got over a dozen stamps.
    Next day, I got about 3 stamps.
    Following day, 3 stamps. 4 stamps.
    I dunno, a lot of people in my faction and friend list have been randomly observing decreased drops lately.

Something's fishy. O wait that's just me. b:surrender
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    idk, its been going well for me recently.

Last night we ran an fb89 and hell venomous scarab and fox form dropped. WOOP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally I wonder if the devs have set drop-rates to be lower when there's a higher concentration of players online, perhaps in order to prevent the game being overloaded with coin.

I've been testing this a bit lately. 3 dq items and 1 necklace from 100 seaweed thieves at peak time, and dq drops and items every 3-4 mobs off the same 100 early morning. And I've been told thieves have an "amazing drop-rate" so I can't say it's just the mob.
    Same on Deathknights. Usually 80k from a 2 hour grind at peak, 250k off peak. And I've done at least 50 OMA's on those guys so I should know :p
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally I wonder if the devs have set drop-rates to be lower when there's a higher concentration of players online, perhaps in order to prevent the game being overloaded with coin.

I've been testing this a bit lately. 3 dq items and 1 necklace from 100 seaweed thieves at peak time, and dq drops and items every 3-4 mobs off the same 100 early morning. And I've been told thieves have an "amazing drop-rate" so I can't say it's just the mob.
    Same on Deathknights. Usually 80k from a 2 hour grind at peak, 250k off peak. And I've done at least 50 OMA's on those guys so I should know :p

This is good to know. Makes me want to run my own experiments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    legend says that dq drops are nerfed after 7x-8x to make ppl buy more golds and exchange them for coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I always get more loot off of mobs no one ever kills,the slightly more difficult mobs,ones that don't only melee or only cast,or have Aoe...maybe i'm just crazy i don't know.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Miabi - Lost City
    Miabi - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this game have one of the crappiest drop rate ever at high level. Most games of this genre have mobs that drop at least one item when killled. here, we have nothing att all 80% of the times. Scheme by the devs to make people cash shop at higher level? maybe
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this game have one of the crappiest drop rate ever at high level. Most games of this genre have mobs that drop at least one item when killled. here, we have nothing att all 80% of the times. Scheme by the devs to make people cash shop at higher level? maybe

It's called balance. At low levels the monsters drop a ton but the drops aren't worth much, as you level the drops are worth much, much more so the monsters drop less to make up for it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's called balance. At low levels the monsters drop a ton but the drops aren't worth much, as you level the drops are worth much, much more so the monsters drop less to make up for it.

Maybe, but the OP is only lvl 45. And even at level 73 I am still getting awesome drop rates. I have noticed on my lower level chars (35 and 45) that the drop rate is different, different times of the day. Some times it will be super good where I get 3 and 4 things out of almost every mob I kill, other times it will be coins, coins and more coins.. .if I'm lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vopinguyen
    vopinguyen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've noticed in the pwidatabase that drop rates of TT mats have been changed b:cryb:cry Giant Beast Armor drop rate is 59% =.=. Last time I checked, it was 79% or somethings.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm still collecting data, but since the last patch, in the 10 bosses (FB51, FB59) I've killed where I've gotten drops (i.e. excluding the coin-only drops), I've only gotten 3 purple (3-star) items and no molds. The rest have been blue (1-star) or white. Previously I would average about 1 purple per boss. A couple of the bosses dropped nothing but white items and a lucky pack.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some lucky tabber got 2 molds in a fb69...

other than that, yes drop rates have been very bad for me in grinding.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^