LA Vs. Arcane Pros and Cons...

Vaporia - Sanctuary
Vaporia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Early on in the game i was an LA cleric, but switched to arcane a bit later on.
Im at the point now where either way i have to restat, i just want to discuss the pros and cons of Light armor vs Arcane in the areas of attack and support.

I like to do whatever i can on my own, and i tend to be a bit reckless. I dont really Pk, but i would like to at some point at a higher level. So im leaning towards LA, to make me less squishy. But ive been advised against it.

So Long story short, i need some advice from the clerics of the world. b:victory
Post edited by Vaporia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I voted for arcane robe clerics, first because i like to be able to deal some more damages (i can put without necessary become full MAG 7-8 MAG points every 2 lvls instead 6 maximum of LA) that in higher lvl become very much effective. Then, with LA is right that u defend much better from physical mobs and physical classes in pvp and pk, but u also suffer much more from magic ones. About grinding, i heard that in high lvls the most part of good grinding mobs are magical... So with LA u get only a lack of survivability in grinding too (may making AoE grinding option impossible).
    At last, also the survivability in lower lvls and btw against general physical attacks is nerfed by the less HP u have caused by a lower VIT (lower to all arcane builds except for Full MAG) that obviously makes u much weaker to magical attacks.
    In the same way to the lack of magical attack power in LA build u also have a less healing power that also decrease the increased resistance against physical attacks and makes u weaker against magical attacks.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    -_- i voted wrong i tought it says whos most dificult to lvl so i woted la -_-b:angryb:angryb:angry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I voted Arcane too cause that's the build im following (full Mag) and I find it good as a support and offensive role.

Just like an archer, a robe cleric needs to kill his enemy before he can reach him, and more damage output means a more quick kill.

The LA build has a fair resistance and damage, with a critical rate that can 'compensate' the lack of mag, but beign so random I wouldn't consider that an advantage to LA.

The hybrid build is like a full mag but more HP that can compensate the lack of phys defense and prevent 1-hit death from mobs and AoEs, just spam more IH and you'll be ok.

I think the best advice I can give you is see wich build fits better to your gamestyle and stick to it. If you like go recklessly against the enemy, maybe LA and hybrid can be a good option since a no-vit full mag is more challenging and requires more planning to avoid gettin' killed.

I may recommend stick to LA if you see you can manage the game fine with that build and to save money by not buying reset scrolls to reccover the stat 'wasted' on Dex.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you're not going to be pvping for a while- go arcane. Much better for grinding and you'll level faster- which is really what you should be aiming to do right now.

Later on when you feel you want to pvp/pk you can always switch to LA should you need to.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Do I need to say what I voted? Really now it gets old..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Later on when you feel you want to pvp/pk you can always switch to LA should you need to.

hummm........
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like arcane. Cause not matter how much money you can dish out, you cant +MAG a LA TT armour. But u can do the opposite for arcane on HP/pef
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I went with arcane as most use it and can be used on most servers.I just don't like lvl 90 so much.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im a LA wiz
    i dont have problems grinding on magic mobs
    my damage isnt that low
    i crit like an archer
    i have yet to be one shotted

generally you go LA and shard with all HP shards and refine it up +3 (lvl 70+)
    you get decent HP and resistances are great.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im a LA wiz
    my damage isnt that low
    i crit like an archer

Err just ignore the people that criticise LA's defence, they have no idea, they just make boring and pointless assumations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I personally prefer Arcane, though the difference isn't huge... I guess. You can generally make up for the physical defence lost through being arcane by using well picked accessories / hat / robe. Yes LA coule use physical defence ornaments too, but they dont gain as much from it proportionally (200 on to 1500 > 200 on to 3000).

Essentially I feel its much easier to make up the physical defence lost from being Arcane, than it is to make up the magic and hp lost from being LA. On top of that in the right situation, plume shell actually makes arcane a better physical defender, as you have higher mp, and hence a much larger pool for plume shell to draw from... how ironic.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:beatup This is cleric section, dont compare cleric LA with Wiz LA -_-

Did that already in a Duel.b:pleased

i crit like an archer

I highly doubt that since an Archer your level has about 10% more crit than you with your 7-9%.

LA resistances suck, dont do it, no never b:shocked
    Arcane as cleric is the only way to go.
    Well or maybe HA for fun. ^_^
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How can u justify that LA resistances suck? At my lvl still with lvl 7x molders on i have about 65% resist (physical and all magical buffed of course) and 3600hp (unbuffed). My gear isn't that refined (+3 at the most).

I think that for the majority of lvls arcane is the best option for clerics, but there is that lvl range 70-90 where LA is also a good option too, this is due to the sheer awesomeness and availability of the LA 7x molders. Also if u chose to go LA from 70 then restat at 90, u can stop adding dex and str and some point and add mag/vit (ive been adding only mag since 78) and have decent hp and attack with a solid crit rate. I know 10% crit rate doesn't seem like much but it seems to crit alot more often than 10% of the time (due possibly to the probablity being applied to each attack, not the attacks overall).

In regards to plume shell use, i find that i don't need to use it THAT often anyways and when u do the mp pool amount doesn't really matter because u will have charm/pots (event pots FTW) that will refill any lost mp.

So basically don't just give a blanket statement and say LA sucks for clerics, Im sure it does at times ( i wouldn't pick it for my hh90 gear for example) but there are also times where it is very helpful. :P

oh and I voted arcane cause i think it is better overall :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im a LA wiz
    my damage isnt that low
    i crit like an archer

your a wizard, not a cleric. This post is generally based towards clerics.

I vote for arcane for max healing and stronger attacks, The only reason I see to go LA would be for PvP but even then Id still like arcane better, let plume shell be your def.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    b:beatup This is cleric section, dont compare cleric LA with Wiz LA -_-

Did that already in a Duel

I highly doubt that since an Archer your level has about 10% more crit than you with your 7-9%.

LA resistances suck, dont do it, no never b:shocked
    Arcane as cleric is the only way to go.
    Well or maybe HA for fun. ^_^
    i was wearing robes during that duel b:cute
    9% crit almost 10%
    working on making it 12% b:cute
    How can u justify that LA resistances suck? At my lvl still with lvl 7x molders on i have about 65% resist (physical and all magical buffed of course) and 3600hp (unbuffed). My gear isn't that refined (+3 at the most).

I think that for the majority of lvls arcane is the best option for clerics, but there is that lvl range 70-90 where LA is also a good option too, this is due to the sheer awesomeness and availability of the LA 7x molders. Also if u chose to go LA from 70 then restat at 90, u can stop adding dex and str and some point and add mag/vit (ive been adding only mag since 78) and have decent hp and attack with a solid crit rate. I know 10% crit rate doesn't seem like much but it seems to crit alot more often than 10% of the time (due possibly to the probablity being applied to each attack, not the attacks overall).

In regards to plume shell use, i find that i don't need to use it THAT often anyways and when u do the mp pool amount doesn't really matter because u will have charm/pots (event pots FTW) that will refill any lost mp.

So basically don't just give a blanket statement and say LA sucks for clerics, Im sure it does at times ( i wouldn't pick it for my hh90 gear for example) but there are also times where it is very helpful. :P

oh and I voted arcane cause i think it is better overall :p

If you are going to restat to pure/vit at 90 with LA you can stop adding str/dex around 80 ish then add vit/mag
    Im adding all mag
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    your a wizard, not a cleric. This post is generally based towards clerics.
    ^^ this ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    ^^ this ^^

clerics are mean to me b:cry
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009

its nothing personal, just 2 totally different playstyles with 2 totally different sets of skills o_O
  • Tamaguchi - Harshlands
    Tamaguchi - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, LA wizards work well cause they got their own insane P.def buff, which stacks with cleric's P.def buff, which makes them much harder to kill.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, LA wizards work well cause they got their own insane P.def buff, which stacks with cleric's P.def buff,

...which also stacks with the BM's Pdef buff...
    ...which makes them much harder to kill.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    yep it stacks like pancakes b:cool

its awesome having a skill that DOUBLES your pdef b:cute
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LA vs robe = crit vs higher avg dmg
    its ur preference....

the pdef/mdef is like 62%/67% vs 55%/73% LA vs robe
    or something close....but i think higher pdef really helps more in pvp

the avg dmg is higher by like 100-300...on players, given a robe ep has around 100 more magic than the LA one...
    i like spiking dmg over that ignorable additional dmg...
    its alot more dmg to mobs with more magic though.....

end game pvp is mostly about crit coz clerics often dont do enough dmg to actually kill people at their lvl...

i am a LA/robe mix and i have about 6.3k pdef 8k mdef just selfbuffed...and i have only +3 refines..
    using 3* and past gear mostly...
    and dont underestimate crit%.... u ll crit alot more than u think if its 5% vs 10% or 15%

one other thing i wanna mention is plume shield...its a good skill but dont depend on it in pvp...only time u may die in pvp is when u r stunlocked for too long...and u cant cast it to save u if u r stunlocked...
    i retreat alot in pvp if people target me...usually am dropping off air
    if i have 62% pres and take only 1/2 dmg while dropping(38%/2)...its like i have 81% pres....better than plume shield..yeh?
    as a cleric no matter how good ur gears are u r not supposed to tank damages....

i noticed i used alot of .....
    coz people just keep arguing over this again again and again..
    either LA or robe works and its alot more dependent on the player's game sense...
    but w/e u do just dont add too much vita...u will suck in pvp if u do coz then u r just like a veno without nix
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

Go back to your own forum and stop trolling in ours either that or go make up a Cleric and post pic of it.in Post your Cleric thread.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    any ep going la are just bad.u have a plume shell...and u do low damage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Go back to your own forum and stop trolling in ours.

im not trolling
    i haz lvl 68 clerik b:cute
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    LA vs robe = crit vs higher avg dmg
    its ur preference....

the pdef/mdef is like 62%/67% vs 55%/73% LA vs robe
    or something close....but i think higher pdef really helps more in pvp

the avg dmg is higher by like 100-300...on players, given a robe ep has around 100 more magic than the LA one...
    i like spiking dmg over that ignorable additional dmg...
    its alot more dmg to mobs with more magic though.....

end game pvp is mostly about crit coz clerics often dont do enough dmg to actually kill people at their lvl...

i am a LA/robe mix and i have about 6.3k pdef 8k mdef just selfbuffed...and i have only +3 refines..
    using 3* and past gear mostly...
    and dont underestimate crit%.... u ll crit alot more than u think if its 5% vs 10% or 15%
    one other thing i wanna mention is plume shield...its a good skill but dont depend on it in pvp...only time u may die in pvp is when u r stunlocked for too long...and u cant cast it to save u if u r stunlocked...
    i noticed i used alot of .....
    coz people just keep arguing over this again again and again..
    either LA or robe works and its alot more dependent on the player's game sense...
    but w/e u do just dont add too much vita...u will suck in pvp if u do coz then u r just like a veno without nix

just look at pharoh,he is light and all he does is sleep me and run all the way to safe every single time. he does low damage and preys on tempest crits which he never even trys unless he has a pt with him but 1v1 this guy is a pro sleeper
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    its not hard to crit with you have 10%+

ask archers b:cute
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just look at pharoh,he is light and all he does is sleep me and run all the way to safe every single time. he does low damage and preys on tempest crits which he never even trys unless he has a pt with him but 1v1 this guy is a pro sleeper

i dont run to sz...
    u r the 1 running to sz and i recall that time u died to a guard
    yes i cant really kill bm and if they know when to use pk pots its pretty impossible...but enlighten me... what other build cleric is superior...?full magic will do more dmg but then they r alot more easier to get killed...
    am pretty sure ur lame 200-500 dmg cant really do much on me either lols

my tactic is obvious....i sleep/paralyze and waste ur heiro until u give up..
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    im not trolling
    i haz lvl 68 clerik b:cute

Then stop talking about Wizards.Leave Archer out as it is going off topic.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i dont run to sz...
    u r the 1 running to sz and i recall that time u died to a guard
    yes i cant really kill bm and if they use pk pots its pretty impossible...but enlighten me... what other build cleric is superior...?full magic will do more dmg but then they r alot more easier to get killed...
    am pretty sure ur lame 200-500 dmg cant really do much on me either lols

my tactic is obvious....i sleep/paralyze and waste ur heiro until u give up..

lol ya i do remember and i remember i had no dolls and u had transend with u lol that was funny