Tab to Select Monsters

stillnight3
stillnight3 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hey guys I just downloaded this game yesterday.

Am I correct in that you cannot select a monster with a key like tab? It can only be done by left clicking with the mouse?
Post edited by stillnight3 on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, or letting the monster agro you, then you target it automatic.

Adding tab would make it far too easy to bot.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • stillnight3
    stillnight3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How inconvenient . . . I thought it was pretty standard for 3D mmorpg games to have an auto target button. Oh well. Back to Rappelz
  • Tehdemon - Dreamweaver
    Tehdemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LOL, your seriously quitting a game because you're to lazy to left click instead of hitting a TAB button. The laziness in people just makes me sick.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    bai bai. b:bye
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LOL, your seriously quitting a game because you're to lazy to left click instead of hitting a TAB button. The laziness in people just makes me sick.

They are not lazy to left click, they are too lazy to re-write/go look for a new bot program.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

The idiocy in some people makes me sick.

Seriously, PW's mouse-centric click interface is ****, and it's not just a TAB to select targets that is missing, a configurable keyboard layout would be appreciated, as well as proper strafing
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    turtlewax wrote: »

Seriously, PW's mouse-centric click interface is ****, and it's not just a TAB to select targets that is missing, a configurable keyboard layout would be appreciated, as well as proper strafing

Agree with keyboard re-config, strafing would be ok, but for this type of game, at least for me, is not that big of a deal.

Vendors and other NPCs tab target could be nice, but I am glad it does not have targeting key for enemies/mobs, it does keep the bot population under control.

Of all the games I have played, for some reason, botting was only really an issue on games with auto-target key. You would still see botting on the non-target key games, but usualy was associated with activities that required keyboard only action, like fishing.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the game is terrible when it comes to any ui customization. Having a button to select the nearest target is in almost every mmo. also, games let you remap your keys so you can have efficient keybinds - not 1-9. clicking skills is better in this game...
  • Tehdemon - Dreamweaver
    Tehdemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    turtlewax wrote: »

How am I an idiot? He stated that he doesn't feel like clicking monsters because "it's to inconvenient" are you frigging kidding me? I am not being stupid. He did not complain about lack of configurable keyboard options, he is 100% being lazy and or (like others have said) not able to use his bot program. If I have to click a few times instead of having to deal with Bots then I don't really care.