BH quest every 12h?

Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary
Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Some1 told me that u get BH quest every 12 hours and some said only once per day. So... whats true?
Post edited by Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it should be awailable once a day btu not all of us live with the server time...<.<....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    it should be awailable once a day btu not all of us live with the server time...<.<....

im not stupid, i live in europe (GMT +1) and new server time begings at 9:00 am. Maybe it depends on the lvl :o I have a lvl 80+ char and i got 2 BH quest on 1 day twice since last week wednesday i think
  • Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    theres a bug allowing you to get it twice a day

but its supposed to be once per day

oh, its a bug? xD so u get 2 BH quests... somtimes..?
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yup u get 2 sometimes, happnd to me once
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can do 2 quests a day if you initiate one and not finish it. You then move into another day and do that first quest. Go to the NPC and your new day one will be there.

It can be done with CrazyStone as well. So if you do Crazy its best if you only have a few minutes to log in on a day and initiate Crazy then you will have two the next time you are able to get on.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yup u get 2 sometimes, happnd to me once

same here

i came on in the morning and got 2 quests from him <.<......

tryed it today at the same time but didnt work....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A few days ago I got Zimo and Myriad.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can do 2 quests a day if you initiate one and not finish it. You then move into another day and do that first quest. Go to the NPC and your new day one will be there.

It can be done with CrazyStone as well. So if you do Crazy its best if you only have a few minutes to log in on a day and initiate Crazy then you will have two the next time you are able to get on.

No, he is referring to the bug where if you do it early in the day and come back later in the day you can take it again. You are just talking about stacking them which is normal for all the dailys.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It does seem almost random, I have gotten 2 on some days at the same time, some days 1 have gotten 1 and come back later for another and other days i only get one. weird....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can do Bounty twice per day. Nothing random
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The way i see it,you can pick up a second BH IF the new BH has a different boss to kill on it,i reckon it won't appear if the BH in your quest list will have same boss as the new one from npc will have.

Thats why sometimes you can get 2(with different boss)and sometimes not.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, he is referring to the bug where if you do it early in the day and come back later in the day you can take it again. You are just talking about stacking them which is normal for all the dailys.

Wow! Imagine if dailies were stackable. I could load up on paperclip-for-villa all week and then make one progression around the map to basically skip a level.

You normally cannot stack up dailies. You have to finish one and then it will be available again if it is a new day. You can have two (or more) bounties active in your quest log at the same time.
    The way i see it,you can pick up a second BH IF the new BH has a different boss to kill on it,i reckon it won't appear if the BH in your quest list will have same boss as the new one from npc will have.

Thats why sometimes you can get 2(with different boss)and sometimes not.

This does seem to be the way it works. The people i have seen with multiple active BH quests had different bosses. It makes the wine much more worthwhile if you are doing several bosses in FB59. b:pleased

However, there also seems to be a time bug. I know I have gotten more total BH quests than the number of days it has been in game. Of course, I trashed the one that came extra. I wouldn't want to have exploited a glitch after all.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can do Bounty twice per day. Nothing random

^^ This ^^

There seems to be a number of hours that has to pass between the time the "New Day" comes and when you can get both quests. Others think you need to wait 3-6 hours then the second will show up.

But I have been getting both no problem since the Bounty Hunter was added. But then again, I pick up the quest when the "New Day" comes and when I get home from work, (after sleeping of course b:cute), I am able to pick up the 2nd and do the two quests at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Flenwig - Dreamweaver
    Flenwig - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've got twice yesterday and three times today... Seems to be that allows to get Bounty about 1 every 4 hs... Check when you pass through Arch
    Flenwig
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    BH resets when CS/WQ does. Then, around 4 hours later, another BH quest becomes available. However, if you have a BH quest already active with the same boss as the one of the new quests, you can't get the new quest. Have you ever noticed that when you hand in a BH quest that sometimes another quest becomes available with the same boss? That's why.

You guys are lucky. You can run one FB and get 2 bosses. MY BH quests always involve bosses from different FBs(Eden, Brimstone, and/or FB79) and I have to run 2 FBs a day, sometimes unwined, to get my BH quests done.
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im not stupid, i live in europe (GMT +1) and new server time begings at 9:00 am. Maybe it depends on the lvl :o I have a lvl 80+ char and i got 2 BH quest on 1 day twice since last week wednesday i think

u get one at 9 am and one at 1 pm ^_^ (ur time)b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ^^ This ^^

There seems to be a number of hours that has to pass between the time the "New Day" comes and when you can get both quests. Others think you need to wait 3-6 hours then the second will show up.

But I have been getting both no problem since the Bounty Hunter was added. But then again, I pick up the quest when the "New Day" comes and when I get home from work, (after sleeping of course b:cute), I am able to pick up the 2nd and do the two quests at the same time.

This is pretty much what I do as well. Pick up CS, and BH at midnight, turn in CS, then go to sleep. When I wake up later, there is always another BH for me to pick up. From a bit of testing, it seems as though you can get a 2nd BH if you pick your 1st BH up between 12:00am & 4:00am (server time), then you will get the second one after 4:00am... Haven't been able to nail down a decent time frame.

I'd also like to know if the GM's are gonna go ban happy with this or what, it's an exploit by every definition, but more then half the players seem to be using it... *wishes for GM input* b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    kosake666 wrote: »
    This is pretty much what I do as well. Pick up CS, and BH at midnight, turn in CS, then go to sleep. When I wake up later, there is always another BH for me to pick up. From a bit of testing, it seems as though you can get a 2nd BH if you pick your 1st BH up between 12:00am & 4:00am (server time), then you will get the second one after 4:00am... Haven't been able to nail down a decent time frame.

I'd also like to know if the GM's are gonna go ban happy with this or what, it's an exploit by every definition, but more then half the players seem to be using it... *wishes for GM input* b:chuckle

Sounds like what I do...

As far as "mass" bans, it is not like the Gold fiasco. This is a quest that is being readily given. I have even had it where I have forgotten to pick it up and when I log and check I have both quests there. Not sure if this is an "exploit" by definition...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It may or may not be a bug at this point, we're looking into it. In the meantime anyone who is doing the quest more than once a day will not be punished for doing so.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    It may or may not be a bug at this point, we're looking into it. In the meantime anyone who is doing the quest more than once a day will not be punished for doing so.

b:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

.... I love you spoons. b:cute

So from the GM's, erm, keyboard... it's not an offense for now! Yay! b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who is the 'tard putting to light in a public forum a possible bug (??if it is) that gives everyone possible EXTRA exp, which the GM/devs might go fix cause of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who is the 'tard putting to light in a public forum a possible bug (??if it is) that gives everyone possible EXTRA exp, which the GM/devs might go fix cause of this.

The people who are curious about hearing this whole 2 BH thing. And also those who cannot stay up till server reset due to jobs / sleep / whatever. If it is a bug, it is a bug that gives people the advantage of more EXP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]