FlawsofaBarb

Options
CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Barbarian
Okay, I know there are a lot of barbs out there and I just want to compare the flaws with BM so I can choose one or the other to stick with. So please list Barb's flaws and BM's flaws if you want. Any notes would help b:victory
Post edited by CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear
    Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    miss miss miss miss miss
  • CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    CrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    miss miss miss miss miss
    lol i know that already
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they're really fat
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    highER repair costs than BMs( BMs have em too but barbs shine in this area). Massive HP charm cost, High MP charm cost, LowER damage then Bms ( yes i know barbs CAN aquire good atck in high lvls but BMs gonna always out damage them) NOTE: the last staement is case sensitive and depends on build, gear, and refines.. so plz dont flame that. Anyone else think of any more??
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    highER repair costs than BMs( BMs have em too but barbs shine in this area). Massive HP charm cost, High MP charm cost, LowER damage then Bms ( yes i know barbs CAN aquire good atck in high lvls but BMs gonna always out damage them) NOTE: the last staement is case sensitive and depends on build, gear, and refines.. so plz dont flame that. Anyone else think of any more??

you are wrong in so many areas..... The most expensive class end game is Archer. Yes the class that only had to start auto shooting after sharp tooth and never get touched is now the most expensive class. In higher HH Archer will tank a few bosses, the herc will tank a few, and a barb will tank a few.... But thats not where the cost really comes from, killing mobs archer will generally zhen on the mobs to make it go at a decent rate, costing them a lot of charm. Also the bosses they tank are sleep bosses, so when the eps get slpet b:bye charm.
    So in reality barbs are not that expensive. I generally do HH without a charm, and mp charm?? Why in the hell do you even use one?
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you are wrong in so many areas..... The most expensive class end game is Archer. Yes the class that only had to start auto shooting after sharp tooth and never get touched is now the most expensive class.
    That just doesn't seem right.
    In higher HH Archer will tank a few bosses, the herc will tank a few, and a barb will tank a few.... But thats not where the cost really comes from, killing mobs archer will generally zhen on the mobs to make it go at a decent rate, costing them a lot of charm.

Zenning in TT? I get the herc and barb but why would a archer be tanking anything? Isn't an archer supposed to a toughened squishy?
    So in reality barbs are not that expensive. I generally do HH without a charm, and mp charm?? Why in the hell do you even use one?

Because theres a shortage on clerics most of the time. So where you want two you use one and a HP charm.
    Why use an MP charm? Thats easy. It keeps pots off cooldown, and until the recent gold price spike, using a MP charm cost a lot less than a MP pot for every point of MP restored.
    My MP regeneration in combat=0 and while meditating = 2mp/sec. So for me a MP charm is a must. I often sacrifice having a HP charm to ensure having a MP charm equipped.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Okay, I know there are a lot of barbs out there and I just want to compare the flaws with BM so I can choose one or the other to stick with. So please list Barb's flaws and BM's flaws if you want. Any notes would help b:victory

Barbs have Flaws? Thats impossible, because barbs are "Godly" b:chuckle
    b:sweat
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm with Hazardus on the MP charm bit, mine finally died the other day and god it's been hell. MP pots ain't cheap, and suddenly running out of juice when you need aggro is bad news.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    miss, miss, miss, CRACK! *grumbles to blacksmith for repair* miss, CRACK *grumbles to blacksmith for repair* miss, &^%$^@&% *grumbles as he goes to buy a charm...and visit blacksmith for repair*

This is the biggest reason Foulcault got retired for now. I ran from start to 68 and I'm frustrated with the upkeep that is occuring.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have a tank built barbarian, I'll tell u the good and the bad from my barbarian. I only done PVE

Good points
    -super high HP/P.DEF (at LVL39 i got 4.4k HP and 3k P.DEf in tiger form b:victory b:cool)
    -Fast kills (with focus powder)
    -Magic defending (by using skill called bestial rage)
    -No need for HP charms

Bad points-
    -Low MP
    -Low accuracy (i think >.>, maybe the mobs just suck at evasion lol... but i think they mean PVP wise barbs miss a lot but i did a few duels and didn't have a problem still, and i got like 24 DEX lol, but i don't have problem hitting archers in duels, but thats just a few)
    -repair costs b:surrender
    -Desperate need for MP recovery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It is kind of frustrating to keep a barb "in the money" without spending irl cash until lvl 71. At that point you can start running RB Gamma and your coin troubles are over. :D
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It is kind of frustrating to keep a barb "in the money" without spending irl cash until lvl 71. At that point you can start running RB Gamma and your coin troubles are over. :D

I think so too, unless if a barb solo grinding with focus powder, barbarians can make good money too. I made at highest, nearly 100k in 10 mins before LVL36 because of the focus powder xD. Without them i rather grind in tiger form to save more money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Until 71? When i see people trying to get barbs for gamma they allways want 80+. Though now they seem to try to start paying the barb a extra 300-400k dont know for sure why that is but I'd guess it is because off the recent charm prices and possibly that barbs are just hard to get in that lvl range since they are the hardest to lvl. But dont forget not everyone has the time to play for 3 hours straight and are the once that cant do that suppose to be poor if they dont spend real life money?
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Until 71? When i see people trying to get barbs for gamma they allways want 80+. Though now they seem to try to start paying the barb a extra 300-400k dont know for sure why that is but I'd guess it is because off the recent charm prices and possibly that barbs are just hard to get in that lvl range since they are the hardest to lvl. But dont forget not everyone has the time to play for 3 hours straight and are the once that cant do that suppose to be poor if they dont spend real life money?

80+ is a preference, not a requirement. I finished the 1st gamma run I went on, and I was 75 at the time. I know a few other barbies that finished at 71. I think most people advertise 80+ just to keep the possibility of getting a n00barb to a minimum.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm with Hazardus on the MP charm bit, mine finally died the other day and god it's been hell. MP pots ain't cheap, and suddenly running out of juice when you need aggro is bad news.

The good news with MP charms is that they last for a good long time. I'll go through 5-7HP charms before I go through a single MP charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Deathreapxxx - Lost City
    Deathreapxxx - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    miss miss miss miss miss

miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss :)
    The One, The Only, Death Knight
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The good thing about barbs can counter their problems

-Use humanoid form and skills with MP recovery items to DD
    -Use bloodbath / accuracy items to increase accuracy
    -Make sure if u solo, take mobs 1 on 1 unless u spark and have a lot of 3+ AOE attacks, if in squad, make sure u have enough firepower to finish off quickly
    -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• rayne36
    rayne36 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Please pardon the length of this comment, but I am very interested in learning more about this game. If you're a high level player, or a high level elitist (no life player), then constructive criticism only. Otherwise you can go hang yourself or get food poisoning, whichever sounds more fun. Now...

Having read a few of the class faqs I am impressed that a game with only 6 classes has so many dimensions. I like depth. I have 1 of every character but my main is a level 41 barbarian I am becoming slowly more proud of. Granted I only discovered the class faqs around level 25, and have subsequently spent all my levels since then "fixing" my build. (Crank my STR to where it should be and I'll be fine. I have a high DEX for my level and what the tank build suggests...) I was unfamiliar with MMO's in general when I started this game, having only played Shin Megami Tensei Online. (Which I regard to be superior to this game in a few ways, but that's another rant entirely) So suffice to say I didn't entirely know what I was doing when I started. After reading the barbarian faq I changed my view entirely and have steadily learned more about how this game works.

I am going for what I call a "modified hybrid build", where I sack some VIT in place of DEX. Given what I read, the only survivability barbarians have, comes from the simply **** amount of HP they are given. Not so much by level, but by HP+ equipment people yell about so often. Having more HP is fine, don't get me wrong on that. But it seems a little superfluous when you don't have the ability to fully utilize it. So I go for DEX to prevent the scores of "miss miss hit miss hit miss miss hit" I had earlier on.

Consistency is better than potential. (The same reason I use hammers for high minimum damage over a slightly higher max damage that axes have)

If I can't hit, and subsequently take LONGER to kill my target, then I'm not doing my job effectively. As it stands, the main flaws a barbarian as are dependent on the build. Tanks will miss religiously, hybrids won't damage things as much as a tank will on a good hit. Tanks can potentially live longer, but hybrids have more consistent damage. Given the recent knowledge that max level is 150, I'm not worried about that so much. That's plenty of time to make a character that can massacre most of what he comes across. Note however, that I am a PVE player, and couldn't care less about PVP. I only wound up on a PVP server because my significant other, (bless her curious soul), got me into this game and had started playing without being informed as to what servers were PVP. We're not restarting and prepared to deal with PVP. Truth be told, I'm only bothere by the fact that it interrupts me when I'm in the middle of a quest or hacking monsters for sell bait.

Skills... well... I'm still a little in the dark about what's great and what's less than helpful. I read the skill tree and figured, (from and RPG fanatic's point of view), that bleeding, stunning and lowering defense are things that any melee oriented class SHOULD be good at. Feral Regeneration is also very helpful to cheap jerks like me who camp after every 3 monsters they kill. *laughs*

Again, I apologize for the length of this comment. If you're one of those people who doesn't like to read, DEAL WITH IT. Reading is a necessary part of life. I hope this helps the person who made this thread with the question she/he asked.