Ideeas to improve the cleric^^...

Comments

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1) Pureheart Blessing is worthless....it should heal for more. Currently it heals for about as much as wellspring but takes 4 seconds. This should be a gigantic heal. This would open up an option for a cleric build to stack -channeling galore for a unique pureheart blessing spam healing (probably wouldn't work well unless the tank is charmless) but it would be very mana efficient.

I think I agree with you here, BPH should do more healing. But I don't agree with saying BPH is worthless. Its main role is to do a healing between battles, recovering large amount of HP to the character and not beign used as an in-battle healing like IHB or as an emergency healing like WSP.

However, I think any cleric should be able to use BPH effectively in batlle. Less spam healing means less chances of gettin healin' aggro. That means less chances of gettin' killed and thus less chances of beign called a noob due to a party wipe.

Also, you need 2 maxed WPS to recover about the same HP that one maxed BPH gives, taking 5.5 seconds (channel+cast+cooldown+channel+cast) and 100 more MP compared to the only BPH that takes 4 seconds to channel and cast.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Im tryin to think in terms of fairness with other classes...
    4.Revive-is our most hated skill cause it does nothing for clerics. So I think its fair that CLERICS SHOULD BE ABLE TO REVIVE THEMSELVES.
    A PRE-ress spell to cast on ourselves would actually benefit not only us but the whole squad as well.
    6.Stream of rejuvenation-should have the same casting speed with "Ironheart blessing" so endgame clerics won't be overdamaged by others.
    Not needed but it is useful for everyone.
    8.Plume shot-is weak endgame and needs a special attribute like skill intrerrupt.
    Not needed but it would be nice if we actually had at least one spell that could stun or interrupt that dealt dmg.
    And 17. and last: Flight mastery-should add its bonus to ALL WING TYPES. Stackable.
    seems slightly fair enough considering clerics are among THE slowest running classes in the game, and also dont have any sort of warping or speeding skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dodgeball - Harshlands
    Dodgeball - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well the things about clerics having more hp (at least as much as a veno) makes sense. They are the main targets.
    Self revive also.
    And maybe another teeny-weeny attack to replace their DoT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boo!b:chuckle
    I'm a wizard.b:pleased
    I have Lvl10 Embrace!b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Aw come on guys. There are some good ideeas in there...b:cute

What do you suggest?

Yes I would like to see flight mastery stack with other wings and that would have to go the same for Archers.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Yodan - Lost City
    Yodan - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well dont hate me for saying this but, make flight mastery a cleric only skill
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ...says the lv 1 cleric.

Seriously, actually PLAY your class before suggesting anything.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    well dont hate me for saying this but, make flight mastery a cleric only skill

What about Archers?
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Soul Transfusion please. That's all we'd ever need. b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Rey_rey do u know how much coins/cash those archers (for example) spend on getting gear like that? If a cleric was to spend a similar amount of money on their own gear, they would be just as hard to kill. I have seen clerics with 5k+ hp unbuffed and like 50% phys resistances and i bet there are better ones out there.

Yeah i spent like 10 months lvling a cleric to 88 so I could spy on your totally fail thread. Well done! you caught me.

Lol stop editing ur post rey rey
    wow
    this is a OP class

roll a wizard
    get to lvl 99
    Get TT99 gold put immaculate garnets in it and immaculate citrines in your hat and cape. Refine everything +5 (use TT99 protection necklace and belt)
    get TT90 gold rings
    get inferno heaven ravager souless
    you end up with
    5.2k HP unbuffed
    3k pdef unbuffed
    11k-13k magic attack
    8k resistance to all elements
    gl fighting that b:bye
    Im tryin to think in terms of fairness with other classes...

A PRE-ress spell to cast on ourselves would actually benefit not only us but the whole squad as well.

Not needed but it is useful for everyone.

Not needed but it would be nice if we actually had at least one spell that could stun or interrupt that dealt dmg.

seems slightly fair enough considering clerics are among THE slowest running classes in the game, and also dont have any sort of warping or speeding skill.

wizzies arent fast and what do we get?
    Another skill that costs chi b:cry

be happy, cleric has to be one of the easiest classes to play. You are lucky no need to QQ just because you cant be godly.

kthxbaib:bye

P.S. @Yodan
    archers have flight mastery too
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1) 12 Hp per Vit point? Not OP, but it would be kinda harsh to Veno's having the same Hp as a Cleric
    2) Immunity to stuns for 10 seconds? A better idea is just to realise that it isnt one of those "Max me skills". Like a Wizards FrostBlade or a Veno's Consume Spirit. You have plenty of other Heals that are more effective, are you not happy with them?
    3) 33 Chi Each time when cast? Not too bad, but it already grants 10 and considering its a fast casting spammable skill and cheap MP wise, your Vigor is pretty high anyway.
    4) Reviveing ourselves? No. Would negate the point of Revival Scrolls and Clerics would never lose anything from dieing at high levels.
    5) The Hell version purify's yourself and Purges your target when cast.
    6) Stream with 1 second cast time? No. Wellsping surge casts in 1.5 seconds and heals less at level 10 than River does at level 1. IronHeart casts in 1 second and heals 100 more HoT more at level 10 than River does at level 1. No-one would skill Wellspring or IronHeart if River was still one second. You could maybe get away with 2 seconds, but again I doubt if many people would skill Wellspring if that happened.
    7) No. Make everyone elses buffs redundant. 100% M.Att is the same as a Half-hour Spark Eruption. OP.
    8) No. Everyones starting skills eventually get outdamaged by higher level skills. Wait patiently untill level 89 like everyone else.
    9) OP. Damage AND AoE stun is the same as the Wizzies earth Ultie.
    10) Permanently active Plume Shell? No. OP. 20 seconds is pushing it as it is, giving only 10 seconds of time in where it wont be active.
    11) Crown of Flame is useless. Blazing Scarab is useless. Vicious Arrow is useless. Draw Blood is useless. Garrotte is useless. Get used to DoT being useless (with the exception of Bosses)
    12) OP, again. Same attack power as WT at level 29? In an AoE? With a Stun effect? Wizard Ultie again >.>
    13) No, it wouldnt. Wizards are Perfect Worlds prime nukers. Having the same attack power as them AND being able to Heal/Buff/Revivie would make them non-existant.
    14) Naw, OP. The debuffs are actually OP as it is... (remembers flying through a TW and Debuffing everyone)
    15) Seals rule. Elven Boon became part of my grinding combo aswell, so don't knock it. (WT-->GC-->Elven Boon-->GC, dead). I meen seriously, the seals are really good. You get attacked by Veno with nix and a Cleric, sleep cleric, paraylyze Nix, Seal Veno. Anyway, Look at the other 100 skills! Im a BM, I have 2 skills with a 15 minuite Cooldown. Im a Wizzie, I get fury burst again, and a PvP only skill that costs a Spark and does virtually nothing. Im a Archer, a Have to good skills, but one has a 15 min cooldown and the other has a 5 min cooldown. Im a Barb, I have one attack that is a normal attack, but instead has a 20% chance to Purge and 5 min cooldown skill that costs half my MP. Im a Veno, and I have 2 10+ minuite cooldown skills that cost a spark each. Felling luckyer?
    16) It would, but that would be like the Veno's self-seal, except without a seal.
    17) Yes... and No. I personally think that Flying mastery shouldnt exist, as you can do quests for the brown wings. Adding 2m/sec to all wings however when maxed, would be the same as upgrading your wings 4 times at 1000 stream city, which should normally cost quite a bit of Zen. No-one has skills that replace Boutique items, and this shouldnt do it either.

Woyaa :)
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe the thread title should change to fix spelling error and to reflect the reality of the thread: "Ideas to improve the cleric so that no other class exist".
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    << cleric has to be one of the easiest classes to play >> BS there no easier or harder than any other class it just depends on the person playing it .

<< I personally think that Flying mastery shouldnt exist >> everyones entitled to there opinion but i for one am glad it does.

I dont agree we should be able to revive ourselves . A good group quickly learns to keep the cleric alive and a good cleric quickly learns to agro manage.

I would like to see a <sucky group> spell where we can bubble ourselves and get whiped of the mobs agro list and watch the idiots die . To be used in emergencies so we can at least rezz the group before leaving b:laugh

I personaly feel we are well balanced as we are though maybe a AE pury would be nice, longer cool down and higher mana use so its not abused b:chuckle
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think it would be good to maybe have one of your ideas actually be used.. Otherwise, like the others said, we'd be able to kick everyone's **** and they would be jealous. ;P
    Soul Transfusion please. That's all we'd ever need. b:victory
    You read my mind!! That way we would be able to pretty much heal our MP! If I could wish for just ONE more cleric skill or have to trade a skill for another class's skill it would definitely be for Soul Tranfusion from those lucky Venos. That or maybe a spell that consumes chi to give us back some MP kind of like the BMs have for their HP!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yea.. soul transfusion on a cleric.. pretty rigged.

Its like you will never have to use a potion again. You can heal hp. Then use transfusion to get max mp, then heal to full hp...
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Its like you will never have to use a potion again. You can heal hp. Then use transfusion to get max mp, then heal to full hp...
    Meh... A girl can dream, can't she?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I'm not saying it had to be just for Clerics...

Why...that Veno-only Genie skill is just BEGGING to be abused by Clerics and Barbs alike! Don't tell me you wouldn't like to swap those piddly...what...1-2k MP for a full HP bar from time to time? =P
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    << cleric has to be one of the easiest classes to play >> BS there no easier or harder than any other class it just depends on the person playing it .

It isn't everyone cup of tea.I would say Veno is the easiest.What was it like when you first started out?
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    But no really, Venomancer is PW on easy mode >.< They get a pet, they can heal said pet, if they're smart enough not to outdamage the pet they don't even need a cleric to do anything or a barbarian. Oh, and don't even get me STARTED on phoenix and herc pets. As if they didn't have enough going for them already to add THOSE. >_> I'm killing the next red named nix I see I swear. I also die to bramble hood so much on my BM it's not funny. I once got PK'd by a veno on my BM, came back with my cleric and said "BRAMBLE THIS B*TCH!" *Plume shot to face*

b:surrender Don't hurt me, I've had coffee....

ANYWAY, out of BM and Cleric I find cleric to be easier, but this is my first MMO and my BM was my first MMO character so I'm not sure that it wouldn't be different if I went back and tried it all over again. Haven't tried Barb yet... I should do that. But in any case, I don't think the cleric needs improving, I get cried to enough as it is when I win duels or thwart a player killer x_x I don't need to be improved b:victory I haven't tried some of the other classes yet, but I'm a little busy with the two that I have.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • tabbiefury
    tabbiefury Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    we are a well balanced class.
    We aren't well balanced. The most attack spells we can get is 8. Everything else we get is buffs and heals. If a person can get up close and melee you, your can die rather fast.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    are u lost?! How many attack spells do u want? If u want more roll a wiz pls. We get some great magical attacks and some decent pyshical attacks

We can DD well, support amazingly and tank magical bosses, sounds pretty good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    are u lost?! How many attack spells do u want? If u want more roll a wiz pls. We get some great magical attacks and some decent pyshical attacks

We can DD well, support amazingly and tank magical bosses, sounds pretty good to me.

this.....^^

EDIT:lol this is my 1666th post :D
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LOL i like your ideas,b:laugh but you forgot one thing a MP RECOVERY MOVE, because we need that the most for HP spaming on tanks if we run low on mp in FB's or TT's runs and it will save us money on mp pots.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009

yes we need more wizzies b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since you created a thread trying to make the cleric class more overpowered, can I do the same with barbs.(DD/healing barbsb:sin) Gm's if you add this you might as well make them able to tank and have pets because everyone will become a cleric.

(Hint for your next thread: "Cleric's deserve to start on level 100")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No... Just no.

Let's leave it at that...
    Belligero
  • Yodan - Lost City
    Yodan - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ...says the lv 1 cleric.

Seriously, actually PLAY your class before suggesting anything.

just got around to this your level 45 im level 80 tyvm and i dont just level though daily so STFU
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just got around to this your level 45 im level 80 tyvm and i dont just level though daily so STFU

You do realize his post was aimed towards the OP and not you? b:surrender
    Belligero
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009

You do realize his post was aimed towards the OP and not you? b:surrender

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do you think clerics should have a MP Recovery move? b:question Because that's one good way to to improve the cleric. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰