Ht Wc

BratFury - Heavens Tear
BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Etherblade (West)
Is it just me or has the topics/language of HT gotten way out of control?

I've seen such vulgar things on there. I am not a kid, but even the most modest of adult doesn't want to see some of the things being said on there. Its absurd.

I should not have to block off potential trades/sales just b/c someone wants to be crude!

I just wonder if there are others who feel the same way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BratFury - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *shrugs* Meh..sometimes I kinda go "eeh..." at the WC...but whatever. I spam Faction Chat and get it outta my sight. xP

You can't change the whole world, but you can ignore the **** out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    With all do respect:

1) Did you not already post about thing about a month ago?

2) You can turn off World Chat at any time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    With all do respect:

1) Did you not already post about thing about a month ago?

2) You can turn off World Chat at any time.

I don't believe so, I think I responded to someone elses post about it maybe. But I'm not sure what it has to do with you since this was a question about people's opinions on the HEAVENS TEAR server and not Lost City; with all due respect.

I should not have to turn off world chat because other people are spamming things against the TOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't believe so, I think I responded to someone elses post about it maybe. But I'm not sure what it has to do with you since this was a question about people's opinions on the HEAVENS TEAR server and not Lost City; with all due respect.

I should not have to turn off world chat because other people are spamming things against the TOS.

It's not spamming if it makes PWi money.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it's always funny to look ppl like UsesPets that blame or flame against ppl that sell innocent things in wc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009

For the record....I have been on your server. Just because I post on this avatar does not mean that I have not seen the World Chat there.

And I stand by my statement that if you do not like it, turn off World Chat. It is the same concept as Blacklisting someone.

PS ---> Here is your other post about it: Crude, almost worth Leaving
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think you need to just get over it

People will be people.
    b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Trouser snake, front bum and melons.
    That is all.
    I like pie
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Ah yes, thanks Rose. I forgot about that one. You remember things from a long time ago.

Anyways, I was more interested in what ppl on the same server have to say. However; I am pretty sure the same chat probably goes on everywhere.

It really takes so little to be courteous to each other.

As I said before, its a little unfair to me to have to turn off world chat. I made a million alone the past 3 days from ppl in w/c asking for the mats I had already on me that wasn't being sold.

Besides they are the ones breaking the Terms of Service, not me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is it just me or has the topics/language of HT gotten way out of control?

I've seen such vulgar things on there. I am not a kid, but even the most modest of adult doesn't want to see some of the things being said on there. Its absurd.

I should not have to block off potential trades/sales just b/c someone wants to be crude!

I just wonder if there are others who feel the same way?

Last year there was a similar issue with language/topics in WC. I brought the issue to the forums. The first few posts were people telling me to "get over it", "shut off WC", etc. Shortly thereafter the tide turned and many people posted in agreement, even the admins got involved and started monitoring WC. Some of the offending individuals even came on the forums and apologized.

WC normalized for awhile, but it seems to come and go in waves. It's not wrong to be offended by offensive things, it's not wrong to voice your feelings, and it's not up to you to shut off WC. WC was designed to help facilittate gameplay, not to be a sounding board for everyone's sexuality, hate-mongering, etc.

PWI is a revenue based endeavor, in spite of it being free. The issue will come down to whether or not PWI sees a greater loss of revenue from telecoustics by the people who think that shooting off their mouths in WC makes them somehow bigger than they really are, or a greater loss of revenue from people playing the game who are offended and decide they would prefer to be somewhere with better decorum, manners, and decency.

Fight to keep PWI a decent place for all people, it's worth it.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Who cares about kids never been laid before playing out fantasies on wc they caught off some free pron site,just turn it off.

Or lonely middleaged fat women/men.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    eh. why even get bothered? its some stupid people doing stupid things

people you dont know, people youll never meet.

dont let pixels bother you. ever.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *shrugs* Meh..sometimes I kinda go "eeh..." at the WC...but whatever. I spam Faction Chat and get it outta my sight. xP

You can't change the whole world, but you can ignore the **** out of it.

LOL I don't even think about the WC b:laugh,
    I think you need to just get over it

People will be people.
    b:faint

Agreed b:cool
    eh. why even get bothered? its some stupid people doing stupid things

people you dont know, people youll never meet.

dont let pixels bother you. ever.

People you MIGHT never meet, there are people who met each other irl from mmos. Most likely, not irl. But yeah, pixels is not real so people shouldn't worry about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Vacation time (summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) = more lonely children staying up past their bed times expressing their lack of respect & modesty in the only outlet they have (world chat).

I laugh as I blacklist: poor kid had to spend 10cents to get his/her/its voice heard\seen by others b:chuckle.

Anyways, thanks for doing something to raise awareness about the foulness of world chat Brat... I submitted a ticket once when it got really bad (yeah seriously... that offensive to convince my lazy **** to do something); still haven't received the follow-up email lol, I'm guessing playing server nanny/baby sitter isn't high on the GMs' list of things to do.

@ the GM who might read this: please hound the Devs into expanding the blacklist. If I was a chick I'd cry... but I'm not a chick so I just swallow my man emotions when I get that stupid "blacklist is full" error box.

b:bye
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your officially a noob if you don't have me blacklisted already.
    WC is supposed to be for ME and ME only...not you.
    Trouser snake, front bum and melons.
    That is all.

This!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This!

cant we share? pretty please??b:thanks
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree that WC has gotten out of control. I tend to miss out on a lot of potential sales or other opportunities because I keep WC turned off due to the immature activity that seems to lurk there. A player shouldn't have to turn WC off and miss out on opportunities to better improve their gears and gameplay because certain individuals want to be rude in the face of the server.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This!

I never saw you before at wcb:shutup
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    People get away with murder when it comes to vulgarity on DW as well. I just blacklist and move on with my life - same as with the mindless WC spammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is it just me, or has world chat become a lot calmer now that teleacoustic prices have gone up?
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol, ive actauly been world chatting alot more lately.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    me too, but then i've been bored... need more interesting conversations on WC
    *insert awesome siggy here*