Axe BM THE ONLY BM

Options

Comments

• Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    er hello?
    i used sandstorm in the air plenty of times.

sandstorm works excellently on sword BMs ^^

i like the watch a big chunk of their health go bye bye

OOOOOOOOO i thought you were referring to the genie skill blinding sand for some reason LOL
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    i really REALLY dont get the AXES MISS ALOT deal...i have NO FREAKIN PROBLEMS hitting with my AXES..maybe barbs have problems with axes BUT I DONT..of course my dex is like 85 b:laugh but anyways AGAIN MY AXES DO..NOT..MISSSSSSSSS..and no axes arent jsut for aoe grind s..t...f...u for christsakes..but if u like aoe grinding and getting fast lvling yeah axe is the key to PASSSSSSSS all other classes FAST AS HELLLLLLL..then restat your BM to maybe a sword/pole late game..fook fist they stupid.Games really all about getting that lvl anyways so if a BM wants to go AXE to AOE GRIND ALL DAMN DAY and pass your a$$es then whats the problem huh???SIT DOWN k.CLERIC+BM=YOU GONNA LVL HARDCORE lolz....QQ axe better QQ wawawa QQQQQQQQQQ me a rriver KKKKKKKKK lol who needs a zhen party when u have a meat grinder like a BM??DATTTSSSS WHAT I THOUGHT.

because if you go with the standard axe build you dont have much dex =p
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

i agree xD
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thats why you get misty forest rings.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thats why you get misty forest rings.

misty forest rings dont help unless you have high dex already =p
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    misty forest rings dont help unless you have high dex already =p

exactly, a friend tried it out and it helped out to nothing.
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Arron im going to get misty forest rings so i can have better accuracy when using fists b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't want to make a new thread.

Why are axe BMs the best of all BMS for AoE dmge.I have been looks through the skill tree and axes look the best for his why.It seems like axes go for higher prices at the AH.I prefer swords but there really isn't much AoE from them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The best Warrior, not "blade"master, is the one that can use ALL his skills in combination, for the best out come. (No one likes a one trick ponyb:victory).

Axes:
    have the highest "spike" damage, 1 extra stun (only one), and most aoe skills.
    BUT, for an axe only wr, they have horrible accuracy, evasion, crit rate, slow attack rate, the lowest dps, and lack of ranged skill

Polearms:
    have the second highest spike dmg, 1 extra range attack (wr's furthers ranged attack), linear aoe bleed, and linear aoe(knockback)
    BUT, for pole only, the second lowest acc., evasion, crit rate, attack speed, and OK dps

Swords:
    Have 1 extra ranged attack, good dps, accuracy, evasion, crit rate, attack speed, and the sptrongest ult. move
    BUT, for sword only, the secound lowest spike dmg, lack of aoe

fists:
    have the best dps, accuracy, evasion, crit rate, attack speed, 1 small aoe(cancels chan.), increase own attack rate, ult skill(linear aoe)
    BUT, for fist only, the lowest spike dmg, lack of range

Now that i've got the pros and cons out, why not combine weapons to benefit their weaknesses instead of fighting y this ones better than that one.

for example:
    use axe for group dmg, pole for ranged dmg, swords for 1v1 that run, and fists for 1v1 that dont run

personaly, i am a dark: dex wr, and use axe, pole and claws. and sometimes swords

sorry for the lecture =P Play nice ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • kalden
    kalden Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are bms who uses all four weapons + bow. Hardcore! b:chuckle

Axe/hammer is excellent for aoes and stuns.

Spear/Polearm is excellent for long range attack, useful in pvp.

Sword/Blade is excellent for the skill Myriad Sword Stance.

Fist/Claw is excellent for dishing out dmg on bosses and fastest recovery of chi.

Attack boss using fist, gain 2 sparks. Switch to axe, Heaven's Flame! Repeat.

Good day b:bye
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    im a bowmaster >.> i beat 8x archers in duels with my lvl 3 bow b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    roman6 wrote: »
    im a bowmaster >.> i beat 8x archers in duels with my lvl 3 bow b:chuckle

I have done it toob:chuckle
  • Lndigo - Harshlands
    Lndigo - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    axes, poleblades, fists and swords= NUBFAIL. you really want to bring the heat? roll out the lvl 2 pataka. trust me, it's hot. il est feroce. b:chuckle

p.s. why doesn't my sig work?? i tried linking it with bb and html.. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    numba one stunna.
  • ICutJoo - Heavens Tear
    ICutJoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm a Axe/Pole bm, and I really, REALLY, don't get the deal with the "wtfz0r axe miss 100%" type of thing. I currently have 80 vit, 80 dex, and 2xx str (forgot how much exactly), and I don't miss, most axe users don't go by the "original axe build" anyway, because a good bm HAS to be versatile, which usually means two or MORE weapons, because versatility is the only advantage we have over other classes. Don't just stick to one weapon, they all have advantages and disadvantages, choose two weapons that BALANCE out your weaknesses and strengths, which is the key to being a good warrior. And in the end, 90% comes down to the player, the rest to all that refinement, sharding, gear.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Whoa this thread still continues on?
  • Varsity - Dreamweaver
    Varsity - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NO OFFENCE TO BE TAKEN!!! but seriously, thats stupid. BMs are only good for grinding, and when you look at it, Axes have less crit, nor are they fatal. Fist BM's crits are small, but very often, meaning faster kills. Swords are overpowering at SageDemon Stage, and are still nastier. Poles are ranged weapons who like bleeds and are good PKers. ALL AXES ARE GOOD FOR ARE GRINDING!!!

Can you be anymore wrong?? Axe Bms Murder in TW and Rebirth. Ill be your great example btw. ive think we encounter a few times and i came out the one flying to my next worldquest destination when you were hitting the go to town button lol
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm lvl 72 now Axe BM
    231 str, 80 dex, 80 vit
    I focus on HP/vit for armor bonuses (and phys def)
    Anyways, In a TW, AoE stun, fissure, highland cleave, drake sweep = alot of dead casters.
    Especially when I have a cleric spam healing me, use tree of protection, and have wizards/archers assisting with there AoE.

The only thing I ever have trouble hitting is an archer, but that's because they have as much dex as I do str. But! They can't dodge Roar lol
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hi all,

I can give you my short opinion as I missed maybe few TW's since HT server is open b:victory

In my opinion, axe and pole's are for lvls 0-89 ... maybe 90-95 depens, but thats when the heavy pvp TW start's. Overall, for 95+ and 100+ lvls Sword and Fist are pvp ruler's, just consider 2 100 skils, 1 for all 1 for sword only, also, bm skills lone cant kill 10k hp support classes nor other barbs bm's. Only advantage of Bms at very high lvl is Attack rate, and thats the final answer of which weapons are better for pvp. But that is my opinion, you can all check MY China and Japan PW servers with lvls 130+ - there bms swich to fist and swords for pvp and axe for pve.

Hugs for all b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Xheart - Harshlands
    Xheart - Harshlands Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you know, since the genies era where thunderstorm got ingame, all the non axe lines lost their edge on anything, nothing compares to a thunderstorm under a dragon in pvp, sadly, now THAT made us a 1 trick poney class imho (when fighting on the ground or other melees)

at 90 blade gets a berzerk TT90 weapon, right? it used to be the time to switch from axe because of berzerk there but now with thunderstorm ingame, anyone going blade means they lose the easy ability to actually kill heavies with thunderstorm without even trying

great BMs uses more than 1 weapon? yeah, they also spend on a free game, sorry but normal people dont have the time and money to max 4 paths

plus if you do switch to actually kill people, dosnt that just make it pointless to be blade in the first place, if you only use it when you arnt actually doing anything?

genies killed the diversity of the BM imho

as for fists, the fact is most if not all good players that plays BM just dont wanna go fist, most fist users are new players that pve or dex freaks and alot of them even wear light armor....pvp is about spike dmg and fists has the crappiest spike dmg, thats all there is to it, good luck killing an arcane mage with 7.5k phy def with your fists...

as for axe having low accu and all that, if you play on a pve server and believe that an axe BM should be built like a pve barb, yes. and low crit rate, berzerk counts as a crit rate and i dont know about you but zerk rate + normal crit rate and they actually stack for a X4 dmg hit...you really think some couple higher % crit rate on a pole etc compares to that?

also, just a reminder, if you talk about pvp and mention bleeds, you lose all crediblity, our bleeds are not glitched, they are working as intended aka waste of a skill useage in pvp
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Okay... um... Arcane mage with 7.5k def?? Suuuure, when you see one tell me >_> I'd like to know how an arcane user could have that much physical def. Unless they were in light but then they wouldn't be arcane.

Also, yeah, Fists aren't good solo PvP where you can get ganged up on but, when you have one team of players vs. another, fists are fun to mess with. Stuns, high dps, high evasion, and cast interrupting skills? Hell yes ^^ Fists take technique which a lot of people can't understand so they roll axe because it's easier... >_> don't hate it because it takes thought to play well.

Also, how many times have you been able to nab an archer before they hit you once? None? Hm, I wonder why. Even if you have berserk on your weaponry doesn't mean that it's actually gonna hit your opponent and you still have very low evasion. Really in the end, your style of play and gear is what matters as to what is really good for what. Not saying that all axes are bad, they're just significantly easier to build and play than a Fist. If they weren't it wouldn't be so popular.

All I ever see pvp axe users do on LC is take down squishie clerics half their level while they are occupied. I guess they're happy with that kind of fail :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They are referring only to mage arcanes, who get a +120% boost from stone barrier with the celestial version. Add in cleric buff and blademaster buff in party, and they only need 2.2k phys def. Which at the point they are talking about, can have around 500+ from normal arcane armor, and a large amount from just refining a high grade necklace and belt. Toss in sharding refined robes with phys def, and it isn't very hard for mages to do.

Course it only take a veno to purge them, but usually the mage won't be priority for that over barbs anyways. Only in smaller types of PvP do mages get priority kill, since they are squishy as hell without buffs, and easy pickings before turning on more armored targets.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh, well if you're talking level 89+ then yeah, I can believe it then xD >_> but we'll see what fist skills look like at that level too. They hit harder and they still interrupt casting. >_> I mean really now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh, well if you're talking level 89+ then yeah, I can believe it then xD >_> but we'll see what fist skills look like at that level too. They hit harder and they still interrupt casting. >_> I mean really now.

Wizards at 9x are able to get more HP than a Fist user and more Pdef than any BM (both classes being full buffed).
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you know, since the genies era where thunderstorm got ingame, all the non axe lines lost their edge on anything, nothing compares to a thunderstorm under a dragon in pvp, sadly, now THAT made us a 1 trick poney class imho (when fighting on the ground or other melees)

Only because most Bm's dont think outside the box its just

" omgz bigz axes ..choppy choppy duh !! "

For mass combat ie: TW a combination of the paths work great .. for example an axe Bm working with a pole Bm.

Pole uses Glacial spike .. Axe uses Dragon.. plus if both targetting the same single player. Glacial spike+ extreme posion + Dragons + Thunderstorm
    And that is just a very basic combination, plenty more if ppl think outside what is considered the norm
  • Xheart - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Okay... um... Arcane mage with 7.5k def?? Suuuure, when you see one tell me >_> I'd like to know how an arcane user could have that much physical def. Unless they were in light but then they wouldn't be arcane.

Also, yeah, Fists aren't good solo PvP where you can get ganged up on but, when you have one team of players vs. another, fists are fun to mess with. Stuns, high dps, high evasion, and cast interrupting skills? Hell yes ^^ Fists take technique which a lot of people can't understand so they roll axe because it's easier... >_> don't hate it because it takes thought to play well.

Also, how many times have you been able to nab an archer before they hit you once? None? Hm, I wonder why. Even if you have berserk on your weaponry doesn't mean that it's actually gonna hit your opponent and you still have very low evasion. Really in the end, your style of play and gear is what matters as to what is really good for what. Not saying that all axes are bad, they're just significantly easier to build and play than a Fist. If they weren't it wouldn't be so popular.

All I ever see pvp axe users do on LC is take down squishie clerics half their level while they are occupied. I guess they're happy with that kind of fail :/

want me to find one? ok, Nurfed has that if not alot more now

as for missing archers, you're 70 right once you hit 77 youll understand, my BM has more accuracy than my pure dex archer (BM being 86 archer being 82)

as for only being able to kill sqishies ask your mages around who would they rather fight a +6 GX or some fists BM, but like i said most people that uses fists will go all out dex and DPS in pve so they dont have much hp etc, which unlike barbs, you cant afford to lose too much hp, im sure its fun and all, but when someone says a fist BM is a threat to him, ill start listening
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    want me to find one? ok, Nurfed has that if not alot more now

as for missing archers, you're 70 right once you hit 77 youll understand, my BM has more accuracy than my pure dex archer (BM being 86 archer being 82)

as for only being able to kill sqishies ask your mages around who would they rather fight a +6 GX or some fists BM, but like i said most people that uses fists will go all out dex and DPS in pve so they dont have much hp etc, which unlike barbs, you cant afford to lose too much hp, im sure its fun and all, but when someone says a fist BM is a threat to him, ill start listening

Yeah well seeing is believing right?

And quite honestly you miss the point that BM get more accuracy/evasion per dex point than archers... oddly enough... Don't ask me how it works that way but for whatever reason it does. Blademasters get 10 accuracy and 10 evasion per dex point and Archers get 8 accuracy and 6 evasion. *shrug*

Anyway.

So if your level 86 Axe BM has high accuracy then you can only take a guess at the kind of accuracy and evasion my fist BM is going to have when she reaches that level. And she's not PURE dex. I tried to keep in mind that I was in fact playing on a PvP server xD I kept enough Str for heavy armor. It may be a level below what I should be wearing at my level but just the same it has more physical defense than light armor my level so it works out alright, I haven't had many problems with it. Shards and the equipment bonuses are also a factor. I like to go with HP shards and extra vitality in gear and sometimes even more evasion. A lot of the fist weaponry gives +x amount of vitality as well. Seems like they were pushing vitality eh?

Buuuut, like I said, fist is just a hard build to master. I may restat a few times before finding the perfect build for me, but for right now, this works pretty well. Honestly I wish people could just see that it's all about your style of play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Xheart - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah well seeing is believing right?

And quite honestly you miss the point that BM get more accuracy/evasion per dex point than archers... oddly enough... Don't ask me how it works that way but for whatever reason it does. Blademasters get 10 accuracy and 10 evasion per dex point and Archers get 8 accuracy and 6 evasion. *shrug*

Anyway.

So if your level 86 Axe BM has high accuracy then you can only take a guess at the kind of accuracy and evasion my fist BM is going to have when she reaches that level. And she's not PURE dex. I tried to keep in mind that I was in fact playing on a PvP server xD I kept enough Str for heavy armor. It may be a level below what I should be wearing at my level but just the same it has more physical defense than light armor my level so it works out alright, I haven't had many problems with it. Shards and the equipment bonuses are also a factor. I like to go with HP shards and extra vitality in gear and sometimes even more evasion. A lot of the fist weaponry gives +x amount of vitality as well. Seems like they were pushing vitality eh?

Buuuut, like I said, fist is just a hard build to master. I may restat a few times before finding the perfect build for me, but for right now, this works pretty well. Honestly I wish people could just see that it's all about your style of play.

yes BMs get more out of dex but archer stats more dex duh, my point is fist BMs acts as if only they can get accuracy high enough to hit people, accuracy just like evasion is random and once you got a good base number having more is useless, ESP if we talk about fighting mages and clerics...archer is the easiest to kill anyway and you said yourself your armor isnt even as high as you could for your lvl? so, a downgraded armor on a TANK class? that makes sense

you know actually ive never seen a high fist pvp BM, id love to, though
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NO OFFENCE TO BE TAKEN!!! but seriously, thats stupid. BMs are only good for grinding, and when you look at it, Axes have less crit, nor are they fatal. Fist BM's crits are small, but very often, meaning faster kills. Swords are overpowering at SageDemon Stage, and are still nastier. Poles are ranged weapons who like bleeds and are good PKers. ALL AXES ARE GOOD FOR ARE GRINDING!!!

only good for grinding? sir you are mad..

Have you heard of stun-lock? its not exactly designed for Pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes BMs get more out of dex but archer stats more dex duh, my point is fist BMs acts as if only they can get accuracy high enough to hit people, accuracy just like evasion is random and once you got a good base number having more is useless, ESP if we talk about fighting mages and clerics...archer is the easiest to kill anyway and you said yourself your armor isnt even as high as you could for your lvl? so, a downgraded armor on a TANK class? that makes sense

you know actually ive never seen a high fist pvp BM, id love to, though

*facepalm* You're missing the frigging point! >.< If Blademasters get more dex per point they don't HAVE to spec as much dex to get the same results!!!! DUH! And you know, even if you do put it that way it's not as much about the accuracy so much as it is the CRITICAL STRIKE RATE, which is what a fist user needs to deal even more damage along with their speed. And can anyone guess what you need for your critical strike rating to go up? *shock* dexterity, there you go. That was SO hard to figure out.

Jesus.

Okay, also, my point in having enough Str left for a downgraded heavy armor is because I gear for the situation. If I'm gonna be going up against mobs that are caster mobs, I wear light, if I'm going against something with a physical blow, I wear heavy, hell, sometimes I wear a mix and I even have it set so I can switch out my armor set in 2 seconds if I need to. Also the point is that even a level 60 heavy has more physical resistance than a level 90 light armor. SO! Are you paying attention? I normally wear the heavy set since the only things that seem to really attack me while I'm out grinding is a barbarian, an Archer, or another BM, usually one of the meathead axe users. Soooo, should I speak slowly for you here?

Too bad I don't have that option and you actually have to read.

I have very high evasion, very high accuracy, high DPS, and decent defense. melee attackers miss me a lot and then even when they do hit me I don't take much damage.

Oh, and Blademasters aren't technically a tanking class. Yes, they can wear heavy, yes, they can have a lot of hp and pysical def, and YES, they CAN tank things if speced to tank. However, if blademasters were meant to be a primarily tanking class, we would have more moves that increase threat levels, stuns don't count. So far as I know, we only have one and it doesn't really work that well.

Funny that you should even mention the diversity in the BM category since you seem to really think that an axe is the only way to go.

And you want to see a high level PvP fist? Just wait until I get there and you'll see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....