About this idea that we barbs miss all the time...

nederlandse
nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Barbarian
where did this idea spawn from? i'm built pure vit, with just enough str/dex for equips... and obviously, my mag is still 5 b:chuckle

i miss -maybe- once in every 15-20 hits, if that much... and my accuracy in pvp is even BETTER b:laugh

so, tell me, is this "OMGZ! WE MI$$ ALOTS!" just bullcrap? i think so..

EDIT: i dont have bloodbath, nor would i use it if i did have it

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
(that's lower-case "L" btw)
I love all these people who look at my level
and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
around since the East Coast servers launched.
b:chuckle
Post edited by nederlandse on

Comments

• Swagga - Dreamweaver
    Swagga - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have been wondering the same thing. I had a lvl 20 Bm duel me. he had as much dex as i have now. He missed almost everytime. So the amount of dex you have to be accurate kinda doesn't seem to make sense now. Like you said, Nederlandse i really don't miss that often either, nor do i use bloodbath. The rumor just doesn't seem to be as consistent as what i am seeing.
  • Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear
    Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well according to you two im doing something very wrong. i have just enough dex to wear my equips, and i have ~70% hit rate on monsters my level without socketing my weap for acc.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    where did this idea spawn from? i'm built pure vit, with just enough str/dex for equips... and obviously, my mag is still 5 b:chuckle

i miss -maybe- once in every 15-20 hits, if that much... and my accuracy in pvp is even BETTER b:laugh

so, tell me, is this "OMGZ! WE MI$$ ALOTS!" just bullcrap? i think so..

EDIT: i dont have bloodbath, nor would i use it if i did have it

Yeah with 2 misties barbs dont miss, but out of all the classes barbs tend to miss the most.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can't fathom the idea that 1 miss every around 17 hit is not a lot of miss.
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    Balint - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    End game pvp. (like levels 90+)
    BMs will (usually) have a lot more dex than you, so you'll probably have a hard time hitting them, and don't even think about hitting archers (if they did the smart thing and went pure dex) unless you're using bloodbath, or have that ring that increases accuracy.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    End game pvp. (like levels 90+)
    BMs will (usually) have a lot more dex than you, so you'll probably have a hard time hitting them, and don't even think about hitting archers (if they did the smart thing and went pure dex) unless you're using bloodbath, or have that ring that increases accuracy.

or you could just spam flesh ream....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I cheat and just add one dex per level {:3c
    It helps a lot because I always lead in with Alacrity then devour on bosses, because they always start channeling.
    I make sure I have their attention good too XD because I have to do this without the cleric healing.

I get past a lot of thing needing higher HP than I have by making sure I never miss with Alacrity. I use Blood Bath like mad and it scares the hell out of people who don't know how I tank... Sometimes it'll be halfway into the battle before they bother to ask what that last buff was and why my HP went down. Others they will assume I know what I'm doing and I have to beg the cleric not to heal until s/he sees fire (flesh ream) burst out.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    2 Mistys on a barb does not = never miss. Low base dex (90%+ of competent barbs) means Misty bonus becomes kind of meh. I personally have 2 and I still spam Bloodbath in just about every situation. When you have all your buffs at lvl 10, the drawback from Bloodbath is negligible. As long as your charm isn't ticking while you tank, it should always be on.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...