Trade Security

Options
JiangLi - Harshlands
JiangLi - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
There needs to be a way to make trading more secure. Yesterday, I was selling my israfel and the buyer changed the price from 4mil to 400k. Of course, I'm so used to just hitting confirm and trade fast, so I didn't even notice it until it was too late. I lost 1.6 mil from that. There should be some way to prevent people from changing the amount of coin during the trade. I know that it'll be a hassle if you make a typo, but having to restart the trade is better than being cheated. Also, it would be nice if there was a certain amount of time you have to wait before the trade is complete so you are forced to look it over and make sure everything is ok. Maybe like a 10-15 second waiting period?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by JiangLi - Harshlands on

Comments

• SlayerVgs - Lost City
    SlayerVgs - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sounds like you lost a bit more than 1.6mil from that but a little wait time isn't a bad idea though but still you already confirm it twice just break the habit of going to quick for now.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Isn't clicking twice to confirm enough? How many times do you really need to click to confirm?

I guess they could make one the confirmations be the spelling of the value... so it would ask
    "are you sure you want to sell this item for two million five hundred and thirty five coins?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the current trade system is already secure enough without giving a hassle.
    Imagine now when you click trade a confirmation pop up:
    "Are you really sure you want to trade? Yes No"
    "Are you really really sure you want to trade? Yes No"
    "Are you really really really sure you want to trade? Yes No"
    "Are you really really really really sure you want to trade? Yes No"
    "Are you really really really really really sure you want to trade? Yes No"
    *yawn*
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, when I only want to try on my friends' boutique clothes, multiple confirmation windows and such will be cumbersome. Plus, people will still automatically click through each one anyways.

I would suggest, rather, to put commas in the gold amounts. Instead of 400000 you'd have 400,000. This would make things a lot easier imo.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, when I only want to try on my friends' boutique clothes, multiple confirmation windows and such will be cumbersome. Plus, people will still automatically click through each one anyways.

I would suggest, rather, to put commas in the gold amounts. Instead of 400000 you'd have 400,000. This would make things a lot easier imo.

commas are good :) makes it easier to read large ammounts.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

this is good.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There needs to be a way to make trading more secure. Yesterday, I was selling my israfel and the buyer changed the price from 4mil to 400k. Of course, I'm so used to just hitting confirm and trade fast, so I didn't even notice it until it was too late. I lost 1.6 mil from that. There should be some way to prevent people from changing the amount of coin during the trade. I know that it'll be a hassle if you make a typo, but having to restart the trade is better than being cheated. Also, it would be nice if there was a certain amount of time you have to wait before the trade is complete so you are forced to look it over and make sure everything is ok. Maybe like a 10-15 second waiting period?

simple, learn patience. assume that every person you trade with is trying to scam you, even your friends... that way it becomes solid habit to check over the trade before you click the "Trade" button to complete it.

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle