1 new class for each race?

Options
Liu_bei_ - Heavens Tear
Liu_bei_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Humans-Ranger class, they are skilled at bow and sword. Wears light armor and has abilities to stealth and sneak around enemies. Can tame a mob to fight for them for a brief period of time and has both ranged and melee skills. Evasive, quick, and deadly.

Wing Elf-Warrior class, skilled melee user wearing heavy armor. Has some buffs, strong melee skills, and a few magic attacks. High damage, High defense but moderate hp (like a dex bm build).

Untamed-Predator class, ranged class wearing light armor, can transform into a wolf. Offensive ranged attacks in regular form but turns to melee in wolf form. Fast, strong, and evasive.

That way it balances out each race with 1 heavy, 1 light, and 1 robe class. (But this is just my opinions)
Post edited by Liu_bei_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you want all current players quit? lol
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    how would that cause all current players to quit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ferisu - Lost City
    Ferisu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cottman wrote: »
    you want all current players quit? lol

I think he/she means it as a compliment. :P With races like those everyone would either choose to reroll or just quit because they wouldn't want to do the same quests all over again on another class.

And as neat and appealing as the idea of new classes are to me, I don't think people realize the amount of work that goes into them. Firstly they'd have to create new ingame models as well as re-rig them to new or existing skeletons, redo some animations or create new ones, create new skills, buffs, cool downs, timers and then spend months, maybe even years balancing out these new classes so that way people don't hop onto the forums and bring their QQing about how unfair these classes are.

As is, there are lots of people complaining about the new pets with Venomancers. xD I don't think the game modders are quite up to popping in with new classes with so much else going on.
  • Liu_bei_ - Heavens Tear
    Liu_bei_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think he/she means it as a compliment. :P With races like those everyone would either choose to reroll or just quit because they wouldn't want to do the same quests all over again on another class.

And as neat and appealing as the idea of new classes are to me, I don't think people realize the amount of work that goes into them. Firstly they'd have to create new ingame models as well as re-rig them to new or existing skeletons, redo some animations or create new ones, create new skills, buffs, cool downs, timers and then spend months, maybe even years balancing out these new classes so that way people don't hop onto the forums and bring their QQing about how unfair these classes are.

As is, there are lots of people complaining about the new pets with Venomancers. xD I don't think the game modders are quite up to popping in with new classes with so much else going on.

Your right and i understand what your saying. I just thought it would add more diversity to the game or something, and i know that there is probably never going to be any new classes coming out. Would be cool though
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They would probably rather work on a new game, since the amount of work would be similar. Give the backtracking and retrofiting, it might even take more work than a new game.
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ya DO u really want other players to quit? its like a combonation of all the races. personaly i think tameing (even for a short time) should be venos only. it may not be a bad idea, but the charecters u choose just dont seem right.
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That way it balances out each race with 1 heavy, 1 light, and 1 robe class. (But this is just my opinions)

Human - Wiz (LA or RA), BM (LA or HA)

Untamed - Barb (HA or RA), Veno (HA, LA, or RA)

Wing Elf - Archer (LA or RA), Cleric (LA or RA)

All the races have the choice of what armor to wear. These additions wouldn't balance the game any more than it already is. Any class can wear what they want. The only thing they are limited by is their weapon. All that I have mentioned above is just builds that are known and semi-popular.

One of my favorite things about this game is if you really wanna hit stuff with a stick as an archer you can. Put the points into it and you too can be a blade wielding archer. You just can't use your skills then.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Ferisu - Lost City
    Ferisu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Human - Wiz (LA or RA), BM (LA or HA)

Untamed - Barb (HA or RA), Veno (HA, LA, or RA)

Wing Elf - Archer (LA or RA), Cleric (LA or RA)

All the races have the choice of what armor to wear. These additions wouldn't balance the game any more than it already is. Any class can wear what they want. The only thing they are limited by is their weapon. All that I have mentioned above is just builds that are known and semi-popular.

One of my favorite things about this game is if you really wanna hit stuff with a stick as an archer you can. Put the points into it and you too can be a blade wielding archer. You just can't use your skills then.

My absolute favorite thing about perfect world right there as well. b:victory I think archers get two short range aoe's that they can use without a bow. o_O Not sure if that's because it works barehanded or with other weapons though. xD
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Untamed - Barb (HA or RA)QUOTE]

For barbarians don't you mean HA or LA or RA, or are you disrigarding the all mighty bowbarian lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NO
    10 char
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NO! new classes are not needed in this game nor are new races etc as this would only ruin dynamics of game the current classes are perfectly balanced and all needed making new classes would only maybe make some classes less wanted wereas atm all classes are needed