BM skills too long to cast, lame

Options
iamthezohan
iamthezohan Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Compare bm skills and barb skills.
Bm skills take FOREVER to cast, like the aoelian strike, and the two axe aoe skills. aoelian blade has 50% to stun for 3 sec, but the casting time is like 1.8 seconds. so ****. and the axe aoe skills take forever, no need to think. bm skills have to be changed to have shorter casting time as soon as possible.
i mean come on, barbs hit constantly and instantly, i mean WTF
Post edited by iamthezohan on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ............................lolwut
    Quit.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1. Reroll mage
    2. Learn about casting time
    3. ???
    4. Quit trolling
    5. PROFIT!
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Leonon - Sanctuary
    Leonon - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yea, and for the caster some of the casts take like 3.5 seconds so:

1. Make sutra a passive so no channeling (for wiz)

2. Make IH have no cast, channel, or cooldown (for cleric)

3. Make pet heal have no cast, channel, or cooldown so that as long as the boss can't 1-hit you pet you can solo any boss (for venos)

This will totally balance everythingb:chuckle
  • iamthezohan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i was comparing barbs and bms guys...
    two melee classes.
    why is it that barb skills hit instantly, and bms take forever to use skill, eh?
    im not talking about casters here, just between two melee classes.
    bm slow casting time MUST BE CHANGED. QQ
    hey im serious! wow
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    two melee classes.
    why is it that barb skills hit instantly, and bms take forever to use skill, eh?
    hey im serious! wow

Barbs do far less damage. It's a matter of balancing.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wanna trade skills ? I'm tired to have 1 stun only with 50% while u have 2 with 99-100% and another 1 with 50%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamthezohan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wow okay. thanks for your insights into the barb disadvantages. i guess thats what i was really looking for haha.
    sory for my ignorance, thank you for all your answers :)
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    skills from axes have that problem. Skills from fists like cyclone heel, shadowless kick are very quick, same as atmos strike from sword.

But I know what you mean.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *Channels Mountains Seize*

*BM makes coffee and reads newspaper*

*BM feeds cat*

*BM looks up and uses roar of the pride*

*I r sad :(*
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    please please PLEASE ...dont let the barbs silly hp or his lil skill timing bother u..most barbs are only good for one thing...looking at the toes of a mob..90% of barbs cant do jack in PvP due to their stupidity...u can pvp/duel them and they go run off toward some mob or just run off then run back..BARBS..face it..your stupid.So the timing is ment to give them a chance at something.
    uh.... anyone wana just stop the thread here?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

*BM feeds cat*

I lol'ed. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    two melee classes.
    hey im serious! wow

because barbs do HALF the damage of a blademaster if not less. Therefore they need to have less casting time. Roll a mage and learn what REAL casting time is. The time you wait is nothing. And yes, I have a lvl 68 bm so I do know what I'm talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    because barbs do HALF the damage of a blademaster if not less. Therefore they need to have less casting time. Roll a mage and learn what REAL casting time is. The time you wait is nothing. And yes, I have a lvl 68 bm so I do know what I'm talking about.

we dont do half damage, just a bit less. but we miss lots of times and BMs not.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    we dont do half damage, just a bit less. but we miss lots of times and BMs not.
    Either way, less damage gives a need for less casting time. PERIOD!!!! :)

please please PLEASE ...dont let the barbs silly hp or his lil skill timing bother u..most barbs are only good for one thing...looking at the toes of a mob..90% of barbs cant do jack in PvP due to their stupidity...u can pvp/duel them and they go run off toward some mob or just run off then run back..BARBS..face it..your stupid.So the timing is ment to give them a chance at something...and if the cat boys didnt have thier lil aggro 1 hit stealing skill..BM's would rock them as a tank...lawls...who wants to be a dumb cat all the time?
    People like this need to be in PW jail.. hey.. speaking of which we need a pw jail :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I wanna see a vid of a BM tanking AE or Wurlurd in 2-3 :O, would BM's really rock them as a tank?

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I wanna see a vid of a BM tanking AE or Wurlurd in 2-3 :O, would BM's really rock them as a tank?

until one-shoted?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    please please PLEASE ...dont let the barbs silly hp or his lil skill timing bother u..most barbs are only good for one thing...looking at the toes of a mob..90% of barbs cant do jack in PvP due to their stupidity...u can pvp/duel them and they go run off toward some mob or just run off then run back..BARBS..face it..your stupid.So the timing is ment to give them a chance at something...and if the cat boys didnt have thier lil aggro 1 hit stealing skill..BM's would rock them as a tank...lawls...who wants to be a dumb cat all the time?
    uh.... anyone wana just stop the thread here?

Naw. It ain't over until someone complains about Flesh Ream on the Phoenix.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Be a Cleric. Tempest takes 10 seconds to cast and utterly forget recasting it anytime soon after you've used it with the 2 spark and 30 second cool time. Most caster skills are 1 second or higher just to channel the spell, then they actually have to cast it. Meanwhile if they are taking damage there is a chance their attack will be stopped while channeling. One time I got too close Dismal and his duration wood attack, I couldn't even cast purify on myself I kept getting interrupted.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL. That's one of the dumbest things I've read in this forum so far. And that's saying something.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wurlurd in 2-3 has been done with BM tanks did it with 2 BM (1 7k hp tank and 1 6k hp back up spamming interupt and myriad), 2 cleric (1 BB, 1 ironheart spam), 1 archer, 1 veno (to pull).

less than 15k charm used on the tanking BM
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Compare bm skills and barb skills.
    Bm skills take FOREVER to cast, like the aoelian strike, and the two axe aoe skills. aoelian blade has 50% to stun for 3 sec, but the casting time is like 1.8 seconds. so ****. and the axe aoe skills take forever, no need to think. bm skills have to be changed to have shorter casting time as soon as possible.
    i mean come on, barbs hit constantly and instantly, i mean WTF

I kinda agree its a bit weird. Barbs get so much more hp than BM and have better defense skills making them pretty much impossible to take down 1v1. They also hit pretty much just as hard as a BM if they have a decently upgraded GX and similar build, on top of that they get more accuracy with bloodbath. Than Added to that barbs skills have shorter casting time than Bms to. Only pros with playing a BM use to be ability to chain stun target, but with a dexbuild genie pretty much any barb can use occult ice + than mighty swing (which is 100% stun now if u don't miss) and have target locked for a long time.

Why would anyone wanna play BM over barbs these days, pls tell me b:question
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i dont think this guy has ever played or even seen a wizard yetb:sad
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wanna trade skills ? I'm tired to have 1 stun only with 50% while u have 2 with 99-100% and another 1 with 50%

dude wb stun lock me more then other bms do,ur sttun for being 50% is op and u guys do attack alot faster.bms dont have that slow of casting but in order to kill we need a longer stun or faster cast . we have a total of like a 12 sec satun,if lucky we can get 15 or like? a full 30 sec ?which rarely happens.i like bm ,if i could reroll i would but im happy
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i dont think this guy has ever played or even seen a wizard yetb:sad

wizzard at 9x are hard for a 9x bm to kill cuz they have all g5 phy def gems usually and plus 5 to 6 gears,plus 7 weaps.most bms are using normal 90 weapon that dosnt do that much damage,hard to compete when u dont have gx, honestly i kill things with dragonsb:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Go Play Veno and let you pet do the damage dealing problem solved.Retire BM as mule.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You guys seen that flesh ream? lulz...

If your complaining about BM casting time, go roll a fist BM and learn about pwnage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

*BM feeds cat*

ROFL

and no? the chanel of bm skills is not too long, learn to play xD

wrote:
    honestly i kill things with dragonsb:bye

as do wizards....lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Be a Cleric. Tempest takes 10 seconds to cast and utterly forget recasting it anytime soon after you've used it with the 2 spark and 30 second cool time. Most caster skills are 1 second or higher just to channel the spell, then they actually have to cast it. Meanwhile if they are taking damage there is a chance their attack will be stopped while channeling. One time I got too close Dismal and his duration wood attack, I couldn't even cast purify on myself I kept getting interrupted.
    tempest is a 4 second channel
    the longest channel in the game is the wizard's mountain seize with a whopping 5 seconds of standing in 1 spot.
    ROFL

and no? the chanel of bm skills is not too long, learn to play xD

as do wizards....lol

he was talking about wizard and yes wizards pwn with dragons
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 second channel..... 1.4 second cast. Only really viable at 89 in a sutra combo.