If you can start a new PWI server....

2»

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    been here since 14th march in Cala. I don't see any false statements by Sera yet. but dam long post omgz 0.0.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver
    Sesshomaru_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    >< You do make great points. Interesting Read.
    Just a quick note....Swordsman was in EQ for quite long though...
    edited August 2009
    A question Seraphim...why did you leave your old server?
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I came to Dreamweaver because I was ambitious. I got to level 75 in Sanctuary, and realized I would never be top. As a competitive individual, I thought I could, maybe just maybe make a name for myself here. Start a small friendly faction and build it "differently", while trying to take land while it was easy.

The gold bug contributed alot. I saw friends who charged 100 dollars, and sold gold at 950k each. They came out with 95million, and PWI management refused to rollback. That, in itself, offset the servers' economies and made me realize how capitalistic PWI was and the need for a "fresh start."

My ex told me "There is nothing in the new server that the old server doesn't have. You have your friends, your gear, and in the end it wont matter." Though I don't regret it, I do realize how naive and stubborn I was at the time.

In the early days its hard to forsee 24 hours into the future. Rankings fluctuated hourly. I waited until level 26 to do FB19 and it took almost 1.5 hours and 5 deaths to complete. The stress of grinding to stay afloat, and running the faction was overwhelming.

Whether or not it was worth it I dont know. But I can safely say I satisfied my ambition.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wat do u think harsh land and dream weaver are?
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    wat do u think harsh land and dream weaver are?

Words that dont require spaces.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Quote of the week b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    That gold bug.....dang I missed it lol. I am nowhere as ambitious, but just looking for something new. Grinding a level 82 Sword BM without RB is such a pain...I basically do WQs and run laps around West Arch...maybe 1 or 2 FBs each day.b:laugh
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    '' I missed it lol'' ..... not like it was a great thing, wasnt anything fun sess, it made rich richer, and we all lost friends in that day cuz they abused bug, so they got banished just cuz they facked up a patch. in the end it facked up the economy ( all tought there was going to be a roll back) so at that day ppl bought **** overpriced, for example, a cleric buying veno pets, or heavy gear, why? cuz we all tought there was going to be a roll-back and so they had easy 300+m. at end, it was the easiest way to fack up a server.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    @Mizou: I think you need glasses, you're complaining after every post longer than 10 lines b:chuckle

Good thinking Seraphim to share/show everyone what it takes to build a guild like Calamity. I think everyone that wants to build a successfull guild / TW strategy should take notes like Eremedy said, what Sera pointed out is the least one has to do to build from ground up a faction as powerfull and successfull as Calamity.

mizu no like read long post, its mizu summer vacation =p
    Well, first of all - Seraphim sure can write his thoughts well and the reading was truly enjoyable (again). My apologies of being awfully rude and not thinking it all through, but after reading this...

And no doubt the system of Calamity and it's doings are the most organized I have seen around (so far) in this server and game (I haven't attended other servers, so I wouldn't know).

But never have I mentioned (in that sense) that it was EASY to achieve it. In a sense it was easier - BECAUSE you all were forced to act in the way you did. Of course I wasn't truly aware of the deep side of organizing and learning on youtube. I never knew, how you managed to keep back drama (so far I have seen some in ALL factions I have attended).
    Well, and that all is very inspiring.

So for them who want to get better, might have a few things to remember in Seraphim's post. Or you people can just let your pride get on the way and act on stupid.

Still you can't deny you (and your fellow-comers) didn't have a few advantages coming to the new server. Of course it was hard to start and do the quests that would require help from higher people.
    Some FBs would take unbelieavably long.
    You would have to wait 10 levels until you can go and gank Jewels... Manta... Kong... But I guess you all knew that and were prepared for that kind of a patience too :)
    But this time you had the chance to do things right. You had learned from the previous server, from your previous main or toons, you understood how the system works here. When to grind, when to do quests, when to sell items, when to buy gear (or not to) etc. That means - a lot of coin and time saved. Which is a big motivation-element too.
    And once again - you had no other way but to help yourself and your friends to move on. That is, again, another motivation-element.

All the patience... Maybe that's the reason why the "first wave" aka "pre-historic generation" might have some misunderstandings with the people who came a bit later.
    Them new people truly lack patience. As if we were spoiled by the help of higher levels.
    That's what makes some of us different in a way. New people have a different kind of thinking, they are not the first, they can never be - therefore they think the greater ones HAVE to help them and they can just slack off by gaining, begging, asking, asking, doing their own thing.

Everyone who wishes, could go through the same path. Do their FB19s with level 19 people. Wait patiently 10 levels to kill Jewels with friends. Yet... No one does that. They just want more, faster, bigger, better. AKA no patience.

YET... Going to a new server - they who would want to go - all would be prepared for that (as supposedly you all were too). At least when they have brains.

Anyway, having read this Historyc Novel by Seraphim I kind of understand it all better. Understand how come them be so big. In a way started to think that doing what they do - they actually deserve what they have too. Guess they didn't sit under the banana tree waiting for the banana to fall into their mouth.

But it looks like everyone else is doing that right now!!!

Now it's just up to other Factions to take advantage and learn how to play a faction. Calamity is unbelievably strong and might keep growing and growing. Still I don't think it's impossible to beat them. People just need to be smart and start acting and seriously working on it...

After having been in a few random TWs I have learned that things are way more chaotic than they should be. People doing their own stuff, no plans, no leaders, no persons who take orders. Just random... And that sucks.

As much as I have heard, ENVY is doing pretty good - they don't have many high level people, yet they beated XBushidoX and HDT (who DO have high level people, but no certain battleplans, as it seemes). Guess they, too, know what they are doing, yet they'd be outnumbered by bigger fations I'm afraid.

SO IT'S NOT because of the level number or the coin to buy gear and skills. Another thing is required to do well in TW and that is...
    *PUT BRAIN INTO GEAR*
    Make a decent plan. If you can't - you're not suit to be a leader. In this case you can never beat a well-planned war. You need to think...

It's all offtopic, sorry, but just am eager to reply to this Seraphim guy :)

AHHHH its contagious
    curse you seraphim >_>

mizu makes new rule
    mizu thinks post should be no more than 4 sentences
    thanks all
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    mizu no like read long post, its mizu summer vacation =p

AHHHH its contagious
    curse you seraphim >_>

mizu makes new rule
    mizu thinks post should be no more than 4 sentences
    thanks all

Mizu just broke his own rule.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey stop pwning the kids here dude X)
    (Or maybe... actually, don't it's fun, aik)

Mizu, I assume you still read it all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Challotte - Dreamweaver
    Challotte - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I doubt very much that I would go to a new server. About the only way it would happen is if the majority of my faction/guild decided to move over.

I've experienced the excitement and "freshness" of new servers in other games I've played, but in the end, the "ideals" usually surpassed the realities.

There is a certian alure to starting out fresh and "making a name for yourself" on a new server. Let's face it, we all have egos to some extent and it's flattering to be a high lvl and have people look up to you for advice, help and leadership. It's gratifying to build something successful from the ground up and it's a great team building exercise and can be loads of fun!! I know for example when I first hit lvl 19 and wanted to do my first FB, I was VERY disappointed to have a group of high lvls storm through the dungeon in what felt like seconds while I desparately tried to pick up drops and see what was going on. I've really missed the days of "learning" how to do things as a team - often dying multiple times only to regroup and try it again in a new way. There's far too much "follow the guide" in PW to fit my tastes, but it's still the best FTP I've found so far.

Being older irl, I've passed that phase of my gaming life. I know I don't have the time to be one of the "top dogs" anymore. I have too much going on irl to spend hours reading discussion forums, poring over maps and spending time organizing teams and such - it's for the younger folks who have more time. I'm along for the companionship, to feel useful at times and just to escape RL now and then.

Though I consider myself a casual gamer, I know I play far more than I should in reality, but I look at it this way.... I could sit on my butt and watch TV at night, or I could play PWI for free. I still get enough enjoyment out of it to stay, and Dreamweaver will likely be where I started and where I will ultimately retire.

The only aspect of the game that I feel I'm missing out on is TW. I have my own personal desires for how PWI could make PvP much more enjoyable and "playable" for all levels, but it would require development work that I doubt they would ever do though deep down I think it would draw more people to the game. Be that as it may though, I'll continue to TW when my faction can, and in time perhaps we'll get organized enough to win a territory or two. In the meantime I'm having fun, and that's what the game is all about for me.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Mizu just broke his own rule.

mizu no talk in complete sentence
    mizu wins
    Hey stop pwning the kids here dude X)
    (Or maybe... actually, don't it's fun, aik)

Mizu, I assume you still read it all?
    yes i read it all, and my eyes regret it while im doing rebirth b:surrender
    I doubt very much that I would go to a new server. About the only way it would happen is if the majority of my faction/guild decided to move over.

I've experienced the excitement and "freshness" of new servers in other games I've played, but in the end, the "ideals" usually surpassed the realities.

There is a certian alure to starting out fresh and "making a name for yourself" on a new server. Let's face it, we all have egos to some extent and it's flattering to be a high lvl and have people look up to you for advice, help and leadership. It's gratifying to build something successful from the ground up and it's a great team building exercise and can be loads of fun!! I know for example when I first hit lvl 19 and wanted to do my first FB, I was VERY disappointed to have a group of high lvls storm through the dungeon in what felt like seconds while I desparately tried to pick up drops and see what was going on. I've really missed the days of "learning" how to do things as a team - often dying multiple times only to regroup and try it again in a new way. There's far too much "follow the guide" in PW to fit my tastes, but it's still the best FTP I've found so far.

Being older irl, I've passed that phase of my gaming life. I know I don't have the time to be one of the "top dogs" anymore. I have too much going on irl to spend hours reading discussion forums, poring over maps and spending time organizing teams and such - it's for the younger folks who have more time. I'm along for the companionship, to feel useful at times and just to escape RL now and then.

Though I consider myself a casual gamer, I know I play far more than I should in reality, but I look at it this way.... I could sit on my butt and watch TV at night, or I could play PWI for free. I still get enough enjoyment out of it to stay, and Dreamweaver will likely be where I started and where I will ultimately retire.

The only aspect of the game that I feel I'm missing out on is TW. I have my own personal desires for how PWI could make PvP much more enjoyable and "playable" for all levels, but it would require development work that I doubt they would ever do though deep down I think it would draw more people to the game. Be that as it may though, I'll continue to TW when my faction can, and in time perhaps we'll get organized enough to win a territory or two. In the meantime I'm having fun, and that's what the game is all about for me.

mizu no read that until mizu is bored
    b:crymizu needs to see

EDIT: mizu just read that b:cry
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited August 2009
    Sess no like Mizu.
    Mizu very strange.
    Mizu confuses Sess.
    Sess no like

(4 sentences)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Sess no like Mizu.
    Mizu very strange.
    Mizu confuses Sess.
    Sess no like

(4 sentences)

no no no
    sess is wrong
    that is no complete sentence
    you can go over four if it is no complete sentence

stop now before mizu make you talk in haiku b:cute
  • Rinkadink - Dreamweaver
    Rinkadink - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if a new server would start, If I join it , it would be mainly because of the fun.... yeah its so fun at start, I renember when this server was all a race, first molds, first fb19s, firsts factiones.. firsts fb29s.... I was so much fun , fbs19s with lvls 17-20, fb19s untamed wined, mainly all fbs are wined for the ppl than starts in a new server. that for me is fun and that was the reason I joined here at first day =P , and if I have a chance I dunno if I would go for it again, but if u guys didnt live a fresh start like that, u may should think about it in a future :)

I dunno if I went off-topic dont think so, if I did sorry b:surrender

C@ralho Olee c@ralhob:shutupb:victoryb:laughb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Find Out Where your Limits are,and. . .
    Start from There!
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Seraphim just owned you, lmao.