Wtf Dumb **** Tank

Sabuku - Dreamweaver
Sabuku - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
ok so i know i may not be a super high lvl and all i may not have great gameplay on this game but for crying out loud I KNOW HOW TO TANK i may be an archer yet i tanked better then this dumb **** barb today... were doing FB 29 and u know at the end with all those mobs there is like 8 things with AoE well our "tank" desides oh hey lets go in there in tiger mode.... and DRAW THEM TO THE CLERICS wipes out our whole party... plus noobie mistake when tanking mobs have the healer heal u and GET OUT OF FREAKING TIGER MODE use some AoE skills so u get ALL THE AGRO so then someone doesnt attk the wrong monster and get u all killed... please for the love of god TANK RIGHT....
Archer's Pwn
Post edited by Sabuku - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Shouldn't you have venos with you if you were going in with low levels?

Not to mention any cleric worth his weight should have seen that the barb wasn't grabbing proper aggros and fled to a safe distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • j0rdan99
    j0rdan99 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ur complaining about barbs not tanking well in archer forum? Why? i have no interest if low lvl barbs can tank all that well or not. Simple solution get high level squad and if ur set on moaning about ur tank go tell them on barb forum.
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok so i know i may not be a super high lvl and all i may not have great gameplay on this game but for crying out loud I KNOW HOW TO TANK i may be an archer yet i tanked better then this dumb **** barb today... were doing FB 29 and u know at the end with all those mobs there is like 8 things with AoE well our "tank" desides oh hey lets go in there in tiger mode.... and DRAW THEM TO THE CLERICS wipes out our whole party... plus noobie mistake when tanking mobs have the healer heal u and GET OUT OF FREAKING TIGER MODE use some AoE skills so u get ALL THE AGRO so then someone doesnt attk the wrong monster and get u all killed... please for the love of god TANK RIGHT....

That isnt a tank. Please do not mistake noobs that get party wiped as tanks. Real tanks dont die, period. Another thing, there are AoE skills in tiger form too, just so u kno
    b:sweat
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, since "nobody" wants to tell us noobs what we have to do in a FB how shall we know? b:chuckle
    No, really, you have a problem with a certain barbarian, why not talk to him, so that he knows what he had done wrong and what you are expecting from him?
  • Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear
    Pocket_Tank - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hi i was on pwi today and i saw a REALLY STUPID ARCHER. oh wait this is the archer forum. brb, im going to go post my complaint in the barb forum.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1: tiger form has AoE skills too.
    2: Real tanks use tiger, not humanoid form.
    3: The cleric should have seen the "tank" didn't have aggro, or waited for him to aggro everything, and backed off (though to give the cleric their due, this can be difficult at times)
    4: Why was there no veno or the like pulling the monsters?
    5: You're an archer aren't you? You could have easily used knockback on one of them, backed out, and let a group of three or so come out of Quingzi's room where the party would have had an easier time. Since you didn't even think of this, you've failed at showing yourself to be much better than this barb and can't really talk (not to mention how you don't seem to know enough about barbs to know that tank = tiger)
    6: If you were really a btter tank than this barb, you'd have been able to steal the aggro from the clerics so they could heal you while you cleaned up the barb's mess. Seeing as to how your squad wiped, that's clearly not the case.

That aside, archers, or better yet a robe wiz with earth barrier) are better tanks than BMs/Barbs for FB29 anyay as thanks to their higher mdef, they'll take a good deal less damage, which makes it easier for the cleric to heal. I've been in a squad where my archer had to tank the boss when the party almost wiped (barb who DIDN'T go tiger for some reason, venos, and one cleric who was too busy attacking Quingzi to try and heal the barb all died and left just me and one cleric who had to res everyone) and wound up becoming the main tank. On an archer. Could you have done the same?
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hi i was on pwi today and i saw a REALLY STUPID ARCHER. oh wait this is the archer forum. brb, im going to go post my complaint in the barb forum.

this post just made my day b:laugh
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    1: tiger form has AoE skills too.
    2: Real tanks use tiger, not humanoid form.
    3: The cleric should have seen the "tank" didn't have aggro, or waited for him to aggro everything, and backed off (though to give the cleric their due, this can be difficult at times)
    4: Why was there no veno or the like pulling the monsters?
    5: You're an archer aren't you? You could have easily used knockback on one of them, backed out, and let a group of three or so come out of Quingzi's room where the party would have had an easier time. Since you didn't even think of this, you've failed at showing yourself to be much better than this barb and can't really talk (not to mention how you don't seem to know enough about barbs to know that tank = tiger)
    6: If you were really a btter tank than this barb, you'd have been able to steal the aggro from the clerics so they could heal you while you cleaned up the barb's mess. Seeing as to how your squad wiped, that's clearly not the case.

That aside, archers, or better yet a robe wiz with earth barrier) are better tanks than BMs/Barbs for FB29 anyay as thanks to their higher mdef, they'll take a good deal less damage, which makes it easier for the cleric to heal. I've been in a squad where my archer had to tank the boss when the party almost wiped (barb who DIDN'T go tiger for some reason, venos, and one cleric who was too busy attacking Quingzi to try and heal the barb all died and left just me and one cleric who had to res everyone) and wound up becoming the main tank. On an archer. Could you have done the same?

Dude, Barb got agro of all those mobs and run towards party. They have AoE that hurts a lot in low lvls. And he said he know how to tank better (he may not play barb and know skills for knowing that), not that he can do it, at least read his post, not flame right away even if he made mistake by making this thread in wrong place. And what the heck you want to knockback when your hp fly down in light speed anyway?
    I kill things b:victory
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OP your a noob for posting your rant here and then being noob enough to post another dumb thread with no sense on the general forum.

b:shutup or get out. (Think I might need a sig with this on it.)
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • tanjina
    tanjina Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    heh - i have seen (and been into) so many party wipes because of archers who steal aggro, that your post makes no sense
    archer (or any high damage class) can steal the aggro from the barb and usually it's the archers who usually like to be behind the clerics and are getting the aoe mobs close to clerics and consequently getting them killed
    so i don't listen to archers at all - you should learn to play your class first then role another class and try playing it before you start teaching them how to do the thing they do everyday...
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tanjina wrote: »
    heh - i have seen (and been into) so many party wipes because of archers who steal aggro, that your post makes no sense
    archer (or any high damage class) can steal the aggro from the barb and usually it's the archers who usually like to be behind the clerics and are getting the aoe mobs close to clerics and consequently getting them killed
    so i don't listen to archers at all - you should learn to play your class first then role another class and try playing it before you start teaching them how to do the thing they do everyday...

At that lvl (belove lvl50) you dont steel agro unless barb is really stupid, its barbs fault anyway if he looses agro then. Also you are not archer, nor you are a barb.
    And I dont see why you dont listen to archers at all? Because some of them is stupid and go all out on AoE or any other mob? And the fact is... That barb did **** over, and now you are abusing him for trying teach something to someone when he even doesnt do that? You make weary little sence for me.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Phosphoros - Lost City
    Phosphoros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Welcome to Perfect World. b:victory Please fasten your dontgiveacrap belt and put on your safety glasses to prevent the sh*t hitting the fan from flying into your eyes. :3
    The usefulness of madman is famous:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They demonstrate society's logic flagrantly carried out down to its last scrimshaw scrap.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    was his name kronos? XD i can imagine only him doing things like that XD
  • Eclipse - Dreamweaver
    Eclipse - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    First thing...never wipe in fb29, thats it.