Buy Zen with Prepaid Mastercard

Lolite - Heavens Tear
Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
Hi, I've been considering to get some zen since they put the battle packs on sale lol I live in Canada and I could not find any PWI prepaid cards here, so I have to use the prepaid mastercard gift cards I could buy at Shoppers.

So is it possible to buy Zen with Prepaid Mastercards? If so, which billing option should I use? How long does it take for the process to go through?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Moved to WoW b:bye
Post edited by Lolite - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its totally possible to use this method. Thats how I did at first. But, beware of the exchange rates and activation fees for the cards. Im not sure about this, but I think paypal has a card registration fee too, meaning it will cost another $2.50 from your prepaid card. You can use either paypal or google checkout. Never tried google checkout, but I know paypal would work.

Ex. The $50 prepaid mastercard has a $4.50 activation fee, If I remember correctly. Then there is the exchange rate.
    $50 CAD = approx $46 American, with the current exchange rate (1 Canadian dollar = 0.922254 U.S. dollars). Then the $2.50 registration fee from paypal leaves you with $43.50. You can only buy $40 bucks worth of gold. Leaving you with $3.50 in the card for any random purpose.

Therefore, $54.50 CAD = 40 gold.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply! b:thanks

So say if I wish to buy 40 golds using this method, and I buy the $50 mastercard. Do I register and activate the card in store when I buy it?

In addition, under PayPal method, which value of zen do I choose? The 5000 zen one or choose 2000 zen twice?

How long does it take to process everything? I really need to charge zen before the sale on battle pack ends D:
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Someone please help me out D: b:sad
    edited July 2009
    When you buy the $50 mastercard. I got one too at shoppers, theres an activation fee listed at the top of the card/package. When you buy the card at the cashier he/she will activate it for you and charge you about $50-$55. You go home, log in to the PWI site, then charge $20 twice, since you do not have enough for $50 after exchange rates.

Its normally instant.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Lloyd you are my saviour! b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

I really want to charge my zen before this sale ends ><;;

So if I want to buy 12000zen (120 golds), what value of mastercard should I get? D:

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!
  • frankensteon
    frankensteon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Would an american express gift card also work, and also, what about a greendot card?
    edited July 2009
    Lloyd you are my saviour! b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

I really want to charge my zen before this sale ends ><;;

So if I want to buy 12000zen (120 golds), what value of mastercard should I get? D:

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Im not sure which ones there are. Last time I went there were: $25, $50, $100, $200 cards. There might be a card where you can decide the amount to put in. If that is an option, go for $130.00 Canadian. (1 U.S. dollar = 1.08390039 Canadian dollars). If not, just get a $50 card and a $100 card. With the amount left over, just buy some random stuff or more zen.
  • oni8haru
    oni8haru Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks soo much for this info ima get one soon
  • oni8haru
    oni8haru Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    srry for double posting but what if i baught a $25 prepaid card how much gold could i get for thatb:chuckleb
  • Jakccorp - Harshlands
    Jakccorp - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are easier ways to get game cards -> pm me for more info
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
    edited August 2009
    You could always use ultimate game cards, but when I was looking, none were available. I live in Canada btw.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    oni8haru wrote: »
    srry for double posting but what if i baught a $25 prepaid card how much gold could i get for thatb:chuckleb

Probably 20 golds.

Forgot to mention, one huge advantage of using prepaid mastercard over prepaid PW card is that you can benefit from bonus zen sales lol
  • Rasgore - Harshlands
    Rasgore - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i bought a 25 doller master card to get zen i used it it said it cant be prosesed and at the end all the mony on the card is gone and i have no zen someone plz helpb:angryb:cryb:surrender
    RasgoreThE DeStRoYer [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]