Semi-Bald Graphic Issue?

Kazusame - Heavens Tear
Kazusame - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
posting on behalf of my friend, he has an issue with his graphics where the top of the head of his avvy appears bald, when cleary his av in the top left has hair. its something wrong on his end, as I've visited him in-game on my character and he has hair on my screen. I've also logged into his account on my computer and his character has hair. so I'm not really sure what happened. creating new characters yeilds the same problem.

if this means anything, he hasnt played in awhile and upon logging on today, had to patch from 13x to 168, when he noticed the problem

screenies -
2009-08-0600-13-59.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/Armageddon_04/2009-08-0600-14-03.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/Armageddon_04/2009-08-0600-13-49.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if it was something nooby, but...wut? >_>
Post edited by Kazusame - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xheart - Harshlands
    Xheart - Harshlands Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i have the same problem, we arnt the only ones either, i got a mail saying it might have to do with my drivers being updated or not but i think thats not true simply due to the FACT that everything was perfectly fine right before that patch, then bam now this, something changed in that patch and they need to find it and fix it, i see more and more people having the same issue, i mean it COULD be our drivers but then why only now after a certain patch? im no computer expert but it makes no sense to me
  • HolyMokona - Lost City
    HolyMokona - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey, i have exactly the same problem =/
    Was gonna do a post asking if anyone had any info, but i thought id check an se if there were any similar posts, an well here i am =)
    I have no idea why, it started about a week ago...(after the patch),
    I logged on and just randomly had no/missing hair.
    It would sometimes come back, but dissapear soon after, now it just stays off most of the time...not a big issue, just an annoying one.
    Any information appreciated...>.<
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Make sure you are using a video chipset that supports Vertex and Pixel shader 1.4 is on XP or earlier, and vertext and pixel shaders 2.0 and higher for Vista and Win7.

We have gotten several tickets where users submit their dxdiags and their video chipset isn't powerful enough to run all the effects of the game.

Some of those were GeForce 4s and earlier. You want at least a GeForce 5 and later to run the game at the minimum system requirements, and that is running the game with ALL the graphic settings turned down and OFF (unchecked).

System requirements are listed on the lower part of the page here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • bruxie
    bruxie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Did some tests on various older machines.

The exact same bug happens on my Toshiba notebook.

It has an nVidia Geforce420Go graphics card with just 16MB of RAM. It used to work fine with decent framrate until game version 166. Of course I can't complain since that card doesn't even have pixel shaders and has 25% of the required RAM to run the game.

On the second laptop with Intel integrated GM 852/855 (no pixel shaders, 64MB shared memory) i don't see weapons on male characters and I don't see my character in game if it's a female :)

On the third laptop with Trident Cyberblade XP (16MB) female chracters appear naked on selection screen and in game. It's too slow to play the game though :)

Both Desktop PC with nVidia Geforce 4200Ti (lower spces than the required for PW) and 7600GS run the game fine with no visual problems.

Time to upgrade one of my notebooks i guess :(
This discussion has been closed.