8x weapon question

Options
New_Soul - Sanctuary
New_Soul - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
So, I have a unicorn, and a thundercrack... my question is should i spend the 10mil on mats to make a soulsmasher, or should I go for a flash fire and then switch to a windcatcher at 88?
Post edited by New_Soul - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Depending your budget you might as well go with Soulsmasher now that the mold price of 88 molder xbow went up. If you lvl really fast i would suggest to go for hh80 wep -》 chained jail so you can resell it later on, but 80-90 takes usually 2-3 month if you grind slowly with wq/daily. If you think you'll slack off at 8x get the soulsmasher and make some money for refines of your upcomming hh90 gear.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thundercrack > flashfire > blinding radiance b:cute
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really think you should go for the chained jail instead of flash fire unless you lvl really fast and plan to keep the flash fire clean until your 90 to decompose for the blinding radiance... This would be stupid since you can simply get a chained jail which is better in multiple factors, for example, it gives you basically 12-13 str, so you won't need to invest in str as much because you only need 84 str your entire 80-90 stage ( unless you plan to get the 88 molder or some random 3* but i guess none of them are good ). With that extra str bonus you can invest it into dex for more evasion/dmg/accuracy/crit rate <- what archers need. You will have to invest that str back though when you hit 87-88 to be able to hit 94 str for hh90 gear ( but that's still like 10 lvl with 12-13 extra dex ). They both give 12-13 dex base stats on the xbows so it cancels each other out but the main difference is the special effect of the Chained Jail : Stun ( processes at a certain %, not sure what it is though ) no doubt the most useful thing for an archer in both PvE and PvP situations, the stuns last 3 sec that's enough time to land in 1-2 extra shot or to run away making it far more useful than simply the 1% crit rate the flash fire has. If you invest into the chained jail you can resell it at 90 for a good amount so you can rebuy a clean flash fire xbow to destroy.

Note they both have the same dmg but have difference in bonus stats:
    Flash Fire: 235 mp (ew?)/12-13 dex/1% rate
    Chained Jail: 12-13 str/12-13 dex/ Stun
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Flash Fire: 235 mp (ew?)/12-13 dex/1% rate
    Chained Jail: 12-13 str/12-13 dex/ Stun

That there just gives you the reson to get a chained jail.

But u are in a pve server, so i recommand getting the slingshot, and then the 88 xbow. this will be the cheapest path and u will have lotta money for hh90.

Sling is gud enough for grinding. And the xbow drops easily in fb89 runs.
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]