Ideeas to improve the cleric^^...

Rey_Rey - Harshlands_1308570535
edited November 2010 in Cleric
This is just a list of sugestions. If other clerics can add to it they are welcomed. I know that future patches tend to fix and add stuff to underpowered skills (like the barbs who lately got some improvements)

1.HP-Clerics tend to be the main target of the enemies so it would be nice if they would get the same HP/lvl up and added vit like venos.

2.Blessing of the pureheart-well, its useless (QQ). So it might be nice to grant immunity to stun for 10 secs. That would save this skill.

3.Wellspring surge-is fast casting but it doesn't heal much so it would be nice to grant 33 chi each time when casted.

4.Revive-is our most hated skill cause it does nothing for clerics. So I think its fair that CLERICS SHOULD BE ABLE TO REVIVE THEMSELVES.

5.Purify-I have big plans for it^^. I think that when used on enemy players should act like the veno's "Purge". So clerics can gain the advantage over players that have their own cleric buffsb:cry. So any player that isn't in your faction/squad gets debuffed.

6.Stream of rejuvenation-should have the same casting speed with "Ironheart blessing" so endgame clerics won't be overdamaged by others.

7.All buffs and team buffs-Should get 100% bonus (phys/mag resist, 50 HP/MP regen and 100%attack)

8.Plume shot-is weak endgame and needs a special attribute like skill intrerrupt.

9.Razor feathers-is also kinda weak and would be nice to become a 5 sec stun aoe.

10.Plume shell-Would be nice to last 30 secs.

11.Thunderball-is useless. So it would be nice to be replaced with the genie skill thunderstorm.

12.Siren's kiss-it's not horrible but is not effective. It would be nice to have almost the same attack as wield thunder and 5 secs stun instead of 3 secs freeze.

13.Tempest is weaker than the ice dragon so it would be nice to get the "Mountain Seize" stun effect on it.

14.Both debuffs-should be at least -55% magic and physical resistence.

15.Both our lvl 100skills suck so it would be nice to replace "Elven boon" with a nuke of the same power with wield thunder and "Seal of the god" with an elven counterpart of "Blade tempest" so we can keep up with wizards.

16.Guardian light-would be really nice if it absorbs 90% all damage and lasts 15 secs.

And 17. and last: Flight mastery-should add its bonus to ALL WING TYPES. Stackable.

So hopes this thread gives some ideeas for future patches. To soften the cleric underpowerment.b:victory
Post edited by Rey_Rey - Harshlands_1308570535 on

Comments

• Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:shocked your ideas would make clerics overpowered o.O
    i already feel like my cleric is op, i can solo all my minibosses like veno and i feel like never dying like barbs because of ironheart o.o
  • Rey_Rey - Harshlands_1308570535
    edited August 2009
    PS if anyone says that this new attributes makes a the cleric OP is a cleric-hater.b:angry
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    haha
    im not cleric hater
    i love my cleric and i love how easy it is to play it, kill all minibosses and always get into fb/tt/boss squads and now bounty hunter squads too
  • Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear
    Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OP? don't know what that means but owell but these ideas would make a cleric to powerful >_> n then everybody would wanna become one no point but some of em r nice
    "Want Me To Sing You Too Sleep"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Well i'm talking about actually standing a chance against other classes in pvp. Because endgame barbs are impossible to kill and when they get their HH armor refined and fill it with HP shards perdition 1shoots you, wizards massacrate everything in 3 hits (arcanes and heavies alike) and have equal phys and mag resist, venos have nixes and still rule, archers get to 40% crit rate and get those lvl 90+ xbows with +8 refines, other clerics is just pointless and we only get BM's. And them too have marrow spells and switch like 3 weapons.

b:cryAnd for all our compasion and care for others we only get to have our plume shield broken and our heals overpoweredb:cryb:sad *blows nose*.

I'm not saying put all these skills in, just a few.
    edited August 2009
    That would be nice a few more better skills get rid of usless heal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol what are you on? I want some....

Do you even know how much most other classes hating fighting us in pvp? If u stand there and heal with plume shell up and a mp and hp charm phys classes can wack away all they like, they aren't going to kill u and unless you stand around and wait for a wiz to BT they won't do too much dmg (Im talking about same-ish lvl matchings here). I understand it can be hard to survive when you get ganked while killing mobs/bosses etc, but every class (cept barbs) is like that.

Implementing even 1 or 2 skills would make cleric a bit OP, we are a well balanced class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited August 2009
    Oh Yeah Ironheat stacks i fergot XD so nvm about this skill idea Slake is right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghiutdhg
    ghiutdhg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    what level do you need to be to get a quest from bounty hunter ?
    edited August 2009
    Lol what are you on? I want some....

Do you even know how much most other classes hating fighting us in pvp? If u stand there and heal with plume shell up and a mp and hp charm phys classes can wack away all they like, they aren't going to kill u and unless you stand around and wait for a wiz to BT they won't do too much dmg (Im talking about same-ish lvl matchings here). I understand it can be hard to survive when you get ganked while killing mobs/bosses etc, but every class (cept barbs) is like that.

Implementing even 1 or 2 skills would make cleric a bit OP, we are a well balanced class.

Things change dramatically after classes get their lvl +90 gears. Their damage increases immensly and the hp bonuses from refining their armors makes them very hard to kill.

Also I bet you are a spy sent by other classes to undermine our survival by rolling a cleric to learn our weakneses while you secretly work on a wizard with the sole purpose to eliminate all clericsb:scorn

"Lol what are you on? I want some...." you cant handle what I'm on.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    lol offtopic, but will answer
    ghiutdhg wrote: »
    what level do you need to be to get a quest from bounty hunter ?

lvl 40+
    edited August 2009
    So lv 40 eh i was going to look for that awnser xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Rey_rey do u know how much coins/cash those archers (for example) spend on getting gear like that? If a cleric was to spend a similar amount of money on their own gear, they would be just as hard to kill. I have seen clerics with 5k+ hp unbuffed and like 50% phys resistances and i bet there are better ones out there.

Yeah i spent like 10 months lvling a cleric to 88 so I could spy on your totally fail thread. Well done! you caught me.

Lol stop editing ur post rey rey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    4.Revive-is our most hated skill ...

Your squad mates/guildees must love you for this opinion.
    So I think its fair that CLERICS SHOULD BE ABLE TO REVIVE THEMSELVES.

Agreed.
    9.Razor feathers-is also kinda weak and would be nice to become a 5 sec stun aoe.

Weak? lmao

Plume shell is already one of the best defense-skills in this game.
    13.Tempest is weaker than the ice dragon so it would be nice to get the "Mountain Seize" stun effect on it.

Yup weaker. So what? We're not wizzies.
    edited August 2009
    Your squad mates/guildees must love you for this opinion.

Agreed.

Weak? lmao

Plume shell is already one of the best defense-skills in this game.

Yup weaker. So what? We're not wizzies.
    Thumbs Up Bagoly xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is just a list of sugestions. If other clerics can add to it they are welcomed. I know that future patches tend to fix and add stuff to underpowered skills (like the barbs who lately got some improvements)

1.HP-Clerics tend to be the main target of the enemies so it would be nice if they would get the same HP/lvl up and added vit like venos.

2.Blessing of the pureheart-well, its useless (QQ). So it might be nice to grant immunity to stun for 10 secs. That would save this skill.

3.Wellspring surge-is fast casting but it doesn't heal much so it would be nice to grant 33 chi each time when casted.

4.Revive-is our most hated skill cause it does nothing for clerics. So I think its fair that CLERICS SHOULD BE ABLE TO REVIVE THEMSELVES.

5.Purify-I have big plans for it^^. I think that when used on enemy players should act like the veno's "Purge". So clerics can gain the advantage over players that have their own cleric buffsb:cry. So any player that isn't in your faction/squad gets debuffed.

6.Stream of rejuvenation-should have the same casting speed with "Ironheart blessing" so endgame clerics won't be overdamaged by others.

7.All buffs and team buffs-Should get 100% bonus (phys/mag resist, 50 HP/MP regen and 100%attack)

8.Plume shot-is weak endgame and needs a special attribute like skill intrerrupt.

11.Thunderball-is useless. So it would be nice to be replaced with the genie skill thunderstorm.

12.Siren's kiss-it's not horrible but is not effective. It would be nice to have almost the same attack as wield thunder and 5 secs stun instead of 3 secs freeze.

15.Both our lvl 100skills suck so it would be nice to replace "Elven boon" with a nuke of the same power with wield thunder and "Seal of the god" with an elven counterpart of "Blade tempest" so we can keep up with wizards.

16.Guardian light-would be really nice if it absorbs 90% all damage and lasts 15 secs.

And 17. and last: Flight mastery-should add its bonus to ALL WING TYPES. Stackable.

So hopes this thread gives some ideeas for future patches. To soften the cleric underpowerment.b:victory

Um, all I have to say: Clerics in no way are Under Powered, you must just be terrible.

Everyone one of these ideas is dumb, someone QQing to make their character class better because they don't currently know how to play it well.

I have 3k hp unbuffed no vit, and and 62% to All magic and physical resist, -15 channeling with gear.

I don't need any OP skills to kill people.

My one desire: Crit heals, this would make LA clerics so much better XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I LOLed at that b:cute
    b:sweat
    edited August 2009
    Grats on 70 GodlyTank
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    godly can i port my char to ur server now so we can do ur fb69? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So I think its fair that CLERICS SHOULD BE ABLE TO REVIVE THEMSELVES.

This is pretty much the only thing I agree with. Sucks to max revive, and then eat the penalty when you've spent all that coin and spirit to do so. Dunno what the "death penalty" for doing that would be, though.
  • JackAid - Lost City
    JackAid - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    2.Blessing of the pureheart-well, its useless
    agreed, but when you have 3 healing skills (at low levels) then there are bound to be better and worse. I'd say just making it heal more would be a fine offset. heals more but takes a while to cast. not that I support either actually happening
    I could've swore that's why we were loved lol. no xp loss for our friends. If you wanna revive yourself, use a scroll or call another cleric like everyone else.

or maybe if you could revive yourself it would only reduce loss by half of your revive level (ie @lv 1, reduce 5%, at lv 10 reduce 50%).
    most buffs are good enough as is. I do agree that hp/mp regen should be better, since it's almost unnoticeable later in game.

11.Thunderball-is useless.
    agreed, but that's the way it goes when you have so many skills. if you calculate dps, mp use, charge time, etc, there will always be one/a few that fall noticeably short.
    and thus elves rule the sky, for ever more. out stripping all other races. zoom.

as others have said, these would make clerics overpowered. As is, I can hit hard and survive quite well. I should not be able to slaughter everything/one in my path with ease... though it would be fun b:laugh
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The previous suggestions were really really stupid. As said before, those would all make clerics extremely overpowered. A lot of your suggestions ARE there if you get the sage/demon version of that spell. Also...every single class has worthless spells...just don't use them. Be glad you get to save spirit and coins.

My legitimate suggestions:

1) Pureheart Blessing is worthless....it should heal for more. Currently it heals for about as much as wellspring but takes 4 seconds. This should be a gigantic heal. This would open up an option for a cleric build to stack -channeling galore for a unique pureheart blessing spam healing (probably wouldn't work well unless the tank is charmless) but it would be very mana efficient.

2) The whole faction/red name/white name/squad protection BS needs to be removed. If you want to cast any helpful spell on anyone not in your squad, you should have to hold ctrl. Otherwise it is cast on yourself. The protection thing is ridiculously confusing and doesn't work all that well.

3) Why are you not allowed to buff/heal/res from safezone, this should be removed.

4) Clerics need to be more mana efficient. Clerics should either get a bonus to mana regeneration, or all healing spells should be reduced in cost. Using all hourly buffs should not cause your charm to tick....
    Plume Shell should not cause a charm tick everytime you are hit. They need to reduce the amount of mana it burns
    Clerics are easily the most costly class due to how often they need to use BB, and how much mana it costs to use it. It should be changed to around 350 mana/5 seconds. Every 2 Stream of Rejuvenations is a charm tick. This is a very powerful spell, but come on...that amount of mana is excessive. It should be dropped to 600 mana, instead of 1k.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PS if anyone says that this new attributes makes a the cleric OP is a cleric-hater.b:angry

I would wait untill you get more exprience playing a Cleric.

The only skill that needs a slight buff is Celestial Guardian Seal.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2009

For revive, I think it is better to change into: lvl10 revive grants clerics ability to go back to town w/o losing exp

Totally agree with flight mastery idea lol Because clerics have the slowest movements and they are most important class for being able to heal.

I know I'm not a cleric. Don't hit me D:
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I only agree on point about making useless skill more useful which is point 2 and 11. Other point would just make cleric too strong. Perhap make Puerheart give extra Chi to the target to make it more useful? And let Thunderball get a damage modifier with weapon magic damage too rather than just base magic damage.

Regarding point 4 of your: Revive is useless for cleric yes but some other class got skill that is useless for them too but useful for squad memeber: Wizard got Frostblade (seriously, who attack with a wizard with normal attack only to break the weapon faster than killing the mobs?); Venomancer got Lending Hand and Barbarian got Roar. So I think it is pretty fair for cleric to have Revive useless for themselves.
  • Yodan - Lost City
    Yodan - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The previous suggestions were really really stupid. As said before, those would all make clerics extremely overpowered. A lot of your suggestions ARE there if you get the sage/demon version of that spell. Also...every single class has worthless spells...just don't use them. Be glad you get to save spirit and coins.

My legitimate suggestions:

1) Pureheart Blessing is worthless....it should heal for more. Currently it heals for about as much as wellspring but takes 4 seconds. This should be a gigantic heal. This would open up an option for a cleric build to stack -channeling galore for a unique pureheart blessing spam healing (probably wouldn't work well unless the tank is charmless) but it would be very mana efficient.

2) The whole faction/red name/white name/squad protection BS needs to be removed. If you want to cast any helpful spell on anyone not in your squad, you should have to hold ctrl. Otherwise it is cast on yourself. The protection thing is ridiculously confusing and doesn't work all that well.

3) Why are you not allowed to buff/heal/res from safezone, this should be removed.

4) Clerics need to be more mana efficient. Clerics should either get a bonus to mana regeneration, or all healing spells should be reduced in cost. Using all hourly buffs should not cause your charm to tick....
    Plume Shell should not cause a charm tick everytime you are hit. They need to reduce the amount of mana it burns
    Clerics are easily the most costly class due to how often they need to use BB, and how much mana it costs to use it. It should be changed to around 350 mana/5 seconds. Every 2 Stream of Rejuvenations is a charm tick. This is a very powerful spell, but come on...that amount of mana is excessive. It should be dropped to 600 mana, instead of 1k.

My god someone who thinks like me only 1 difference i think of and that is clerics need a speed buff other than the one at level 79 that dosent do (blank)(or a skill like a bms speed skill OR the flight skill be applied to all wings) and it would be really nice if we could have a mp heal that can be cast on others AND ourselves so that clerics can not have to buy a charm in order to not die when grinding (or take 5 minute breaks every 10 minutes)
    BB and Stream AND RB need to all use less mp i agree compleatly. the heal/buff blocks were kinda cool when they first came out but after i used em for a day i got really fed up and just turned em all off. The whole consept of waiting for swords to go away in a SZ in order to buff someone is kinda, well stupid it just waists time. I like the idea for pureheart it seems great and idk but the sage medf buff gives mp i think but i mean like a major mp heal like use 1 spark get 2-3k mp.(wizes have sutra so i think that -the 0 channeling +way more mp)Also guys just btw if u read the class discription on the lobie guide it says clerics have all sorts of attacks so they will be able to take on all sorts of enimies.(or something to that effect) Plume Shell is relitivly usless if u dont have a charm and if u do after the first 2 major hits its useless anyway, it should definantally use less mp/pt of dammage taken than 1.1 im thinking mabey .5 so u can actually do something before u die of mp loss. Just my thoughts. (btw really good clerics pwn in pvp and if your curious i am arcane not LA) P.S. as for the revive thing its not that bad and quite frankly it takes a lot for mobs to kill us in the first place. (if your a noob a tip stack ironheart to tank multiple mobs or hard hitting things)
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ilystah wrote: »
    Regarding point 4 of your: Revive is useless for cleric yes but some other class got skill that is useless for them too but useful for squad memeber: Wizard got Frostblade (seriously, who attack with a wizard with normal attack only to break the weapon faster than killing the mobs?); Venomancer got Lending Hand and Barbarian got Roar. So I think it is pretty fair for cleric to have Revive useless for themselves.

Maybe it's fair... ...and from an other point of view we are the most reliable GA consumers. :)
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    After reading the first post, All I can do is laugh,

I personally don't see how were underpowered at all really....

And those "tweaks" are a joke somewhat to make a cheap character instead of the current balanced one?

Seeing how plume shot sucks now? Hmmm, I know I still use it and think its good. And the Demon ver of it looks amazing.

Keep in mind, the demon / sage path boosts your skills in so many ways
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would wait untill you get more exprience playing a Cleric.

The only skill that needs a slight buff is Celestial Guardian Seal.

for once i agree with you <_<

CGS is bullcrap atm.
  • Dodgeball - Harshlands
    Dodgeball - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Aw come on guys. There are some good ideeas in there...b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boo!b:chuckle
    I'm a wizard.b:pleased
    I have Lvl10 Embrace!b:dirty