My take on this Patch

Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
This is my take on this whole patch: Just like the last one the little things that where changed (like the number bar for skills) where awesome and needed but a lot of the bigger stuff was "eh" at best. The Bounty Hunter seems like a waste of time and effort. He does not give enough of a reward to justify doing a whole FB run unless you were ALREADY going to do it. I am guessing he is SUPPOSED to be further incentive to help out other people in their FB which I guess is kind of okay...but by himself he does not out do the real Daily Quests in terms for Expense & Time Vs. Reward. So the Hunter is not a "Bad" addition but nothing to write home about either.

Warsong sounds incredibly complicated and annoying. Like a new more vicious more inane TT for high level folks...I do not know what you GET for all that trouble yet so I cannot say if it is worth it or not but I sort of knew it would be like that before they even released it. It seems like you would be better off just going out and killing World Bosses instead of wasting your time and effort with this but if people actually enjoy it then good for them. This addition also seems to be largely uninspiring.

These two things are not required to be used or pursued in any way though so instead of being "Bad" they are just sort of "Eh" maybe could have been something better but do not really hurt anything by being implemented.

As for the Shattering Gear...As muuuch as I do not like PvP in MMORPGs I just cannot see what this adds to the game except more incentive to grief newer/lower level PvPers and make anyone who was vaguely considering PvP or playing on PvP servers run for the hills. So that part seems blatantly bad not just "Eh" and definitely not "Good".

The Fashion additions and such were not bad but they do not effect game play in particular.
Post edited by Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In the future please try to post in a thread that already exists. I know everyone wants to make their own topics, but it's unnecessary when so many already exist on the same subjectb:surrender Help us out here please
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Bounty Hunter seems like a waste of time and effort. He does not give enough of a reward to justify doing an whole FB run unless you were ALREADY going to do it. I am guessing he is SUPPOSED to be further incentive to help out other people in their FB which I guess is kind of okay...but by himself he does not out do the real Daily Quests in terms for Expense & Time Vs. Reward.

We've been hearing a lot of feedback similar to this and will definitely pass the community's cumulative concerns back to the development team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't mislead the devs. Bounty Hunter is fantastic for those who hate grinding.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ydodo wrote: »
    Don't mislead the devs. Bounty Hunter is fantastic for those who hate grinding.

I agree with OP. I hate grinding and I think the reward for doing an FB run UNLESS you were already going to do it is not worth it.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    took me 15 mins to do bounty hunter quest and got 22% exp of it, so far its great.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The higher level runs for the bounty hunter quest do not seem to be worth it at all. I get more exp from CS for a fraction of the cost/time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yea the high lvl bountys are really only beneficial to the high lvld, rich, big guild people. you know, the people who can afford to buy 2 wines for an untabbed run. and who can actually find the members needed to do the run. its really skewed and a complete disappointment.

same goes for warsong. big huge letdown after SO much hype.

could you guys please implement something to help the poor people and those who are not in the huge guilds?

i understand that to make it easier on the devs the bounty bosses are the same for everyoe in the lvl grouping.. and doing it that way means that you kind of HAVE to make them instance bosses.. but really.. what the hell were they thinking? a full fb run for 1 bounty? there arent enough fbs actually available anymore to accomodate everyone as an extra incentive to help noobs. it really would be a major improvement if it were randomized (based on lvl) boss or mob quests. spread people out on the world map, not make it something that costs 2-400k to do.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Bounty Hunter seems like a waste of time and effort. He does not give enough of a reward to justify doing an whole FB run unless you were ALREADY going to do it. I am guessing he is SUPPOSED to be further incentive to help out other people in their FB which I guess is kind of okay...but by himself he does not out do the real Daily Quests in terms for Expense & Time Vs. Reward.

In my experience of this new feature i have easily found that 1 veno (myself) and 1 cleric (guild friend) can clear fb59 unwined easily. we do it all the time just for the fun and the rep stamps. I guess some ppl just like to log on, make a quick 100k exp, set up catshop then walk away for 8 hours. Expense and Time vs. reward is not a problem for us at all. I think effort is something that many fail to consider also.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gttta love bounty hunter..200k exp for doing a mold run :3
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Especially in the 8x's bounty hunter is ALOT easier for clerics and barbs, I have had so many friends and guildies say that they would get the wines if i would just come along. With a 2 cleric and 1 barb party, it only leaves 3 spots for the other 4 classes. :(

But i think this daily is awesome, with cube, cs, wq and bounty hunter it means that it isn't really that hard to get over 1.2mil exp everyday :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dude, as a venomancer the bounty hunter should be a BOON to you.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dude, as a venomancer the bounty hunter should be a BOON to you.

The debuffer bosses in fb69 cannot be tanked by herc.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    In my experience of this new feature i have easily found that 1 veno (myself) and 1 cleric (guild friend) can clear fb59 unwined easily. we do it all the time just for the fun and the rep stamps. I guess some ppl just like to log on, make a quick 100k exp, set up catshop then walk away for 8 hours. Expense and Time vs. reward is not a problem for us at all. I think effort is something that many fail to consider also.

Not sure why you need a Cleric to assist you in order to do FB 59 considering your pet obviously is tanking, they cannot heal your pet, and none of the bosses do AoE...But that is not the point so whatever...

However, it is a matter of doing the math. You may enjoy the grind and that is fine and well but if you actually did the math of how long it takes you to do FB 59 unwined and what expenses you pay to accomplish it and then compare that to Crazy Stone & World Quest (because you can do both at once) you will find that you are not getting nearly as much Bang for your Buck. Furthermore, you could be grinding on monsters near your level and that may not get you quite as much EXP and Spirit (though it may depending on how efficient you are) in the same time frame it would get you much more Coin for your effort.

Either way, as I said, the Hunter is nothing you are "Forced" to do so his inclusion is not "Bad" it just seems very lack luster and a bit of a let down. Of course I also realize this comes from the Devs who are building for a different version of the game in which he may fit in much better but seems how we do not play that version he is a bit awkward here.

To EatwithSpoons: Sorry hun lol, did not see any posts that were directly relevant to what I wanted to talk about on the fist two pages. Mostly people complaining about...complaining? Will try harder to find one next time (though hopefully I can have a bit more praise to give next time). BTW...If you got married to a girl named EatwithForks would you have a baby named EatwithSporks? LMAO! Sorry, could not resist.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not sure why you need a Cleric to assist you in order to do FB 59 considering your pet obviously is tanking, they cannot heal your pet, and none of the bosses do AoE..COLOR]

actually the pet doesnt tank, I do. The cleric is to heal me while i nuke the boss. And i personally dont care about bang for the buck. i play for fun, for challenge, to relax and not to get into any competition with ppl. If it takes a few hours and I get no exp or reward at all i would be satisfied with the fun i had while playing the game and doing so regardless. all rewards for quests/ bounty are fine with me.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I love the bounty hunter. Solo grinding for 1 hour makes me about 50-70k which I could use for CS. Now I get that amount of exp for a fraction of the cost (i.e wine mats contribution) and in 20-30mins (thats how long the last wined FB69 run lasted me, wasn't a mold run, just got the boss).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They should have made a reputation reward in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Bounty is lotta fun. Since you can't always expect to have higher levels to help, you get challenging runs and it helps ppl to learn teamwork.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My take is the bounty hunter quests take 20 mins and they r fun different and great exp

Also why cant u do WQ CS and BH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This game isn't stupid easy enough! We want it stupider easier! I want be level 100 in halv teh time it took others and I don't want to have to use effort! b:cry

Nerf the whole game or I'll QQ more!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Shut up tweakz they have to make it so u get to lvl 100 in a month and also give u all ur TT gear right away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • husse
    husse Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I gotta love the bounty hunter, its awsome exp and also a chance for molds to drop. Like todays xs :D
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    actually the pet doesnt tank, I do. The cleric is to heal me while i nuke the boss. And i personally dont care about bang for the buck. i play for fun, for challenge, to relax and not to get into any competition with ppl. If it takes a few hours and I get no exp or reward at all i would be satisfied with the fun i had while playing the game and doing so regardless. all rewards for quests/ bounty are fine with me.

Wow...Are you...a Fox Veno!? If so congrats, we are a veeery rare breed. I have considered tanking a lot of bosses for people as well but so far I have only done it to Suezerix. (Plus we suuuuck at holding Aggro Vs. other classes by ourselves if there is a group, otherwise we could forgo tanks altogether LOL)

Anyway, like I said twice now, BH is not horrible or game destroying. He is just NOT a competitor for DQ's in any fashion. He is more like a nice extra incentive to go help someone through an FB or maybe to even do one for someone who somehow does not have tabs. He is just not much of a DQ provider because his quests are either very expensive (later FB's wines can be insanely expensive) or very time consuming for not nearly enough reward.

As for grabbing people to help you do his quest that is fine and well if you can and I know a few people who would help me do them but I would feel like an **** always asking them to help me kill some bosses in an FB they are getting NOTHING for killing. (As for Molds...LOL!!! I have never seen a Mold drop so I am not even going to begin getting excited about them. Maybe it is just this Kitsune's luck but Molds practically do not exist for me. I am lucky if something other than a pile of coins drops. (My whole FB 39-59 was all just coins))

Oh, I did forget to mention that besides the number key expansion for your skills there was one other thing in this patch I did like (besides some fashions etc...) was the Blessing of Dominance. I am not sure it helps a LOT but at least it gives a sliiiight edge up when dealing with FB's which is nice for the people of the proper level who are trying to slog their way through FB's designed for people 10~20 levels higher than them.