Annual Territory Reset

Options
aurinsghost
aurinsghost Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I have passed around the idea of an annual 'territory reset' to many players and have found most would like to see it come to fruition. The only players who have so far deemed it a poor idea are members of the 2 factions currently controlling every territory, go figure. How bout it PWIers? Would you be in favor of an annual reset of ALL map territories and let some other factions in on the fun? It may very well turn out that the same factions come to control most of the territories within a few months, but at least it wouldn't discourage the majority of players from even wanting to TW and would be fun in the extreme to enjoy some mass chaos and carnage, not to mention seeing the spoils divided a little more evenly for a while. Hopefully we would see some "lesser" factions use skill to triumph over unlimited $ and level out this playing field.
Post edited by aurinsghost on

Comments

• Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ***** idea*
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The reason this won't work is because the Factions that are strong enough to hold territory will just get them again. Although it would permit other factions to try PVE territory war's. But they could easily permit a "Pratice Territory War" with some sort of compensation... Maybe Charms don't get used during it and repairs free. That'd work for some. Others would like the rare drops...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only if you also ask for a annual character reset... after all it would not be fair for those new people to have to fight level 100+s characters right?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No, no, and no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't remember where, but I believe I saw someone come up with an idea that was less drastic and more realistic. Just remove the limit on territories being attacked. No (well maybe some) factions holding the entire map could possibly defend all of their territories with all the battles at the same time.

I see it as fair, as small different factions can make a concerted effort to overthrow the "ruling powers" and in a real war, you don't say "hey, i see you're busy fighting over there, so i'll leave you alone till next week."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Capt_Kirk - Harshlands
    Capt_Kirk - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't remember where, but I believe I saw someone come up with an idea that was less drastic and more realistic. Just remove the limit on territories being attacked. No (well maybe some) factions holding the entire map could possibly defend all of their territories with all the battles at the same time.

I see it as fair, as small different factions can make a concerted effort to overthrow the "ruling powers" and in a real war, you don't say "hey, i see you're busy fighting over there, so I'll leave you alone till next week."

Although I disagree overall, I do have to agree with this one. You have to realize that TW has associated costs that go with it, doing a reset would be unfair to people that have put the coin up for TW. If you have a Problem with a super faction controlling the map, get some friends and make your own super faction.
  • SlayerMaster - Heavens Tear
    SlayerMaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I feel that this is a great idea because it would give other guilds a chance to be on the map for once. Like in Heavens Tear Ceasar, Enrage, Triad, and other really powerful guilds have been on the map for too long. Even though they can get those territories back it should be reset so others can try to claim at least one spot, even if it is just for one week. I'm in.b:pleased
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No, I agree with the posts above it does seem illogical to me. If other servers have problems with 2 main high level factions hogging the map it should be easy to overcome it. You don't have have half the server's high levels in just one guild, there's a limit to how many people a level 3 faction can have. Get all the other high levels not in those factions into one guild and start getting some territories.

For those wanting PvP expereince without having to pay for charms or angels there's such a thing as Dragon Temple. Open PvP with no consequence- go learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The reason this won't work is because the Factions that are strong enough to hold territory will just get them again.

Total agree, I think reset TW is a waste of time cuz they will get it again, maybe at first other factions can hold some territories but they will lost it again against the strongest factions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well small TW pay might result many people stop going to TW guilds at all. All those big factions that holds lots of lands can give enough big TW pay to members to pay off most charms/repairs/ammos cost. I really think that poor players will not spend 1m+ every week so their faction can have land. TW is expensive.
  • aurinsghost
    aurinsghost Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The reason this won't work is because the Factions that are strong enough to hold territory will just get them again. Although it would permit other factions to try PVE territory war's. But they could easily permit a "Pratice Territory War" with some sort of compensation... Maybe Charms don't get used during it and repairs free. That'd work for some. Others would like the rare drops...

I realize that the top factions will most likely reacquire most of their territories but it will take some time. I think that there are a lot of good, strong factions and players out there who never get a chance to show what they've got...its gotten to the point where none of them will bother challenging the big boys, instead they just solicit to join one of em. As far as associated costs go if you're one of only 2 controlling factions you have no associated costs, you're making money.
    Lifting the territory attack limit would be just as acceptable to me, anything that takes the boredom out of listening to the same old world chat "do you think faction 'A' will be able to beat faction 'B' again today?" "Well i heard that 'A' just got so-and-so from 'B' and"... blah blah blah blah blah, does anyone care anymore? This is supposed to be enjoyable, but its never fun watching or playing a game when the outcome is always the same, is it? Let's spice it up a little is the point I'd like to get across.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What you're basically saying is that for 1 week in every year, lesser factions will have a chance to own a territory... After that, the stronger factions will own the beginning territories again and we'll be back at the starting point? Pointless idea, sorry (and I don't come from a faction that owns any land...)

(1 week might be a slight exaggeration, but you get the point I'm making)

A reigning term may be a better idea. Say 2 weeks on level 3 territories, 3 weeks on level 2 and 1 month on level 1 territories... or something to that effect. Once the term is up, that same guild will not be able to regain the territory for a set duration (1 week?) allowing other guilds a chance to own something. Just an idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to only be able to hold a territory for a certain amount of time, like 2 months or something

kinda like presidency...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to only be able to hold a territory for a certain amount of time, like 2 months or something

kinda like presidency...

However, some presidents have extended their presidency indefinetly by controlling the army..... <looks at North Korea>

If you want TW resets so it is fair, than you need to ask for player level resets as well... How it would it be fair for a faction with level 70 players te defend against a faction with level 100+s?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    However, some presidents have extended their presidency indefinetly by controlling the army..... <looks at North Korea>

If you want TW resets so it is fair, than you need to ask for player level resets as well... How it would it be fair for a faction with level 70 players te defend against a faction with level 100+s?

Now you're just being stupid. How fair is it when level 70s gank level 30s on pk servers? You don't see them changing that do you?

This idea is fine but only if the servers TW map needs it. HT server does not need it and never has yet. Another add on could be that a guild that held land during the reset is not allowed to bid again for x number of weeks. That will not however, prevent them from just making a new guild just to bid. Therein lies the problem.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91