Grinding for clerics

Blesser - Harshlands
Blesser - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Hi guys... sorry about my english its not my main language.....

I started as a LA cleric then change to hybrid build that for what I read its the best late game build.... I used reset points scroll though....

Ok I would like high lvls cleric to tell us some of the expirience they have when grinding mobs... ( AoE )

What are the:
-. Best build for AoE OR best build in general. (maybe they are different builds)
-. Requisites ( Skills ).
-. Combos ( Macros ).
-. Mobs type.
-.If its true that at high lvls u are going to be able to take mobs higher than u in AoEs.
-. If AoE its really worth it or better to just solo every creep.

thx guys..... every other thing you want to share feel free about it........
Post edited by Blesser - Harshlands on

Comments

• Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I AoE grind on wood based mobs that cast poison. Razor feathers is a must as well as purify and ironheart blessing. Depending on the level difference of the mobs to your level and how many you pull, a good macro is ironheart, purify, ironheart, razor feathers X 2. Not sure about AoE grinding on mobs higher in level than your character...I have only done it on mobs lower in level. Currently I AoE grind on lvl 73 mobs...been pulling about 8 - 10 of them. Helps to have hp and mp charm but you could probably do it with apoth pots. Find some good mobs and start out slow...pull just a couple to see how you do.

Edit:
    I am almost pure mag build and wood resistance is my highest resistance. I have almost 3K hp unbuffed due to vit bonuses, hp shards, and refinement.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi guys... sorry about my english its not my main language.....

I started as a LA cleric then change to hybrid build that for what I read its the best late game build.... I used reset points scroll though....

Ok I would like high lvls cleric to tell us some of the expirience they have when grinding mobs... ( AoE )

What are the:
    -. Best build for AoE OR best build in general. (maybe they are different builds)
    -. Requisites ( Skills ).
    -. Combos ( Macros ).
    -. Mobs type.
    -.If its true that at high lvls u are going to be able to take mobs higher than u in AoEs.
    -. If AoE its really worth it or better to just solo every creep.

thx guys..... every other thing you want to share feel free about it........

Well at your level you cant AoE grind yet. You should wait until your 70s for best results. You're gonna need maxed razor feathers, a high leveled purify (7+), and a decent leveled tempest. There's a good guide posted which goes into more detail, look around a bit, should tell you everything you need to know.

As for now, stick to flying magic wood mobs, vipions above bamboo village or city of misfortune are 40+ if memory serves.
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well at your level you cant AoE grind yet. You should wait until your 70s for best results. You're gonna need maxed razor feathers, a high leveled purify (7+), and a decent leveled tempest. There's a good guide posted which goes into more detail, look around a bit, should tell you everything you need to know.

As for now, stick to flying magic wood mobs, vipions above bamboo village or city of misfortune are 40+ if memory serves.

i dont agre on leveling tempest(not until endgame or 80+)....and u can aoe grind at ur 60s already
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who wants to level my tempest for me?

I only need 3.2mil more coins.

Pretty please?? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009

There are LeveL 50 Sentry Vipions Above skull mountain that u can grind when u get to level 48, keep that in mind too b:victory
    b:sweat
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I AoE grind on wood based mobs that cast poison. Razor feathers is a must as well as purify and ironheart blessing. Depending on the level difference of the mobs to your level and how many you pull, a good macro is ironheart, purify, ironheart, razor feathers X 2. Not sure about AoE grinding on mobs higher in level than your character...I have only done it on mobs lower in level. Currently I AoE grind on lvl 73 mobs...been pulling about 8 - 10 of them. Helps to have hp and mp charm but you could probably do it with apoth pots. Find some good mobs and start out slow...pull just a couple to see how you do.

Edit:
    I am almost pure mag build and wood resistance is my highest resistance. I have almost 3K hp unbuffed due to vit bonuses, hp shards, and refinement.

Uh..not sure if you typoed or something, but you can't do razor feathers twice in a row. Your best bet are orchid petalis by Village of the Lost in the 70s, and then you can do the chipmunks near Intrepid in your 80s. Once you get to the high 80s you should move to spiders in Avalanche Mountains. I'd recommend trying to get gear that only gives +wood resist, to get up to around 9-10k resist, until you get your HH90 gear. Razorfeathers, purify, ironheart, ironheart, repeat. I wouldn't pull more than 9-10 at a time, or the poison will start ticking your charm. When you get your HH90 gear you can pull 15ish before it gets out of control. Make sure you have both an HP charm and MP charm before you attempt this.

I wouldn't even bother prior to level 70.
  • Brylla - Heavens Tear
    Brylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who wants to level my tempest for me?

I only need 3.2mil more coins.

Pretty please?? b:cute

*faints* How can a skill cost that much?? Tempest is my coolest looking skill but to spend that much money on it is INSANE! b:shocked

And I haven't reached a high enough level to AoE yet, sorry I can't be of help! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *faints* How can a skill cost that much?? Tempest is my coolest looking skill but to spend that much money on it is INSANE! b:shocked

And I haven't reached a high enough level to AoE yet, sorry I can't be of help! b:surrender

Dont worry, as much grinding you do at her level... You will make that much coins and more to be honest.

88-89 is around 10 hours of grinding a day for only like 30-40%

30 hours of grinding to level, you should make 3mil b:bye
    b:sweat
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When i AoE grind i round them up throw a tempest IH myself for a bit then use razor feathers then Sirens kiss and that kills them.

I am magic build but am loading up on vit i have 3.1k unbuffed HP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i dont agre on leveling tempest(not until endgame or 80+)....and u can aoe grind at ur 60s already

You can yes. That doesn't mean you should.
    Aoe grinding is great IF you can make it worthwhile. However, I've seen people grinding the hexocs near sanctuary in their high 60s/low 70s.
    It went something like this: fly around for a minute spamming ironhearts while gathering the mobs, land, spam more ironheart, purify, razor feathers, spam more ironheart, purify, spam more ironheart, purify, razor feathers etc etc. Effectively they were casting a single razor feather every 30 secs or so, taking off 1/5-1/6th of the mobs hp with each hit. Then you have those stubborn mobs who simply refuse to get into the aoe range forcing you to pick them off one by one when the others die. So you killed ~10 mobs in just under 5 minutes. Whoop de doo. You could've killed twice as much by using cyclone, weild thunder, cyclone, for 1/3rd of the mana cost and repair bill by the end of it (which is HUGE after a session of aoe grinding).

Now if you had a good tempest, you could open with it, get mobs to half hp in one hit, and finish them off with 2-3 razor feathers.

Aww, lulz I got siggied b:cute
    b:dirty