End game SOLO PVP

Options
sexiiz
sexiiz Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I have read the thread best pvp class?/territory wars and found that at lv99+ wizard is the best class at TW. But at lv99+ there are 2 class so i need your opinion about this

wizard or barb will shine more at SOLO PVP ??
Post edited by sexiiz on

Comments

• abrab
    abrab Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Depends, if you're 1v1, Mage will own with massive damage output.

In PvP against several people, barb can tank a little better and is a pain to kill.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what do u mean by "solo," u mean party-less against pk parties? if so, barb. (unless its a wizard squad, otherwise barbs can tank them all easily)

Edit: actually, even 1 wizard in that squad may even be a problem :o
    if there is one, kill it first
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A barb tanking a squad of mages?

Just... no. Lemme put it this way.
    Mage does lots of magic damage. Now, barb doesn't have a lot of mdef, does it?

Get it so far?

Multiple mages > any HA user at endgame

Barbs should stick to tanking melee classes
  • sexiiz
    sexiiz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    by SOLO i mean PVP 1v1.

so that barb or wiz better at the end game??
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    sexiiz wrote: »
    by SOLO i mean PVP 1v1.

so that barb or wiz better at the end game??
    Wizard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Yggn9ZFuc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFKxZG877hU
    http://zoome.jp/losstarot/movie_list/
    Quit.
  • WillowWisp - Lost City
    WillowWisp - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Those videos weren't really convincing considering one of them wasn't fighting people with the same gear and some friggin ran without retaliating , and on the other Haiz is barelly ever targeted - yeah , sure , let the wiz blow stuff up while you watch and then think he's god.

I've asked the folks at MY-EN and so far the results have been a tie between barbs and wizards - all those high and mighty wizards on their board have said they haven't fought a barb with full +12 like they are.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wait what? i read in loads of threads when i oined the game that archers are mage rapers
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Those videos weren't really convincing considering one of them wasn't fighting people with the same gear and some friggin ran without retaliating , and on the other Haiz is barelly ever targeted - yeah , sure , let the wiz blow stuff up while you watch and then think he's god.

I've asked the folks at MY-EN and so far the results have been a tie between barbs and wizards - all those high and mighty wizards on their board have said they haven't fought a barb with full +12 like they are.

First war I got attacked plenty but it was full of 7x so not much to brag about lol. Second war I was on defense and they were focusing on the crystal, not me. The second war with Riot would be people equal to my own level and gear though, and you could see how easily 9x catapult pullers go down after an undine and debuff lol.

Right now I'm also trying to get a PvP video done but its real hard to find a 1v1 because usually they die too fast to get any enjoyment. Archers are really anti-mage too, the only class besides a veno with a phoenix that I have problems with.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A barb tanking a squad of mages?

Just... no. Lemme put it this way.
    Mage does lots of magic damage. Now, barb doesn't have a lot of mdef, does it?

Get it so far?

Multiple mages > any HA user at endgame

Barbs should stick to tanking melee classes

thats why i said "otherwise," genius >_______>

and read my edit -_____-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what about end game archers? ^^
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thats why i said "otherwise," genius >_______>

and read my edit -_____-

My apologies, totally misread that. S'what I get for lurking forums at 1AM b:surrender
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what about end game archers? ^^

lol meh

Dont get big of an upgrade compared to wizs and barbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    An archer I know hit 8k noncrit at 89 just testing his sage spark. But the higher you go the better wizards get.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

In nurfeds vid Siva is a lvl 99 the ONLY lvl 99 on harshland server, rome got 2 shotted whos lvl 91 and EmoWDF is 95. There are not many 9x's on harsland so i didn't expect much.Haiz already gave his replay.
    Quit.
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol meh

Dont get big of an upgrade compared to wizs and barbs
    still doesn't mean I won't beat your **** at 9x mizorie :P
  • TanKLoRd - Dreamweaver
    TanKLoRd - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    at solo pvp is barb 100% because a lvl 90barb has 15k hp..its quiet imposible to kill unless u get 1 BM and 1 Wiz ..Im a barb and atm no1 in 1vs1 has beaten me except for other barbs..our masive hp makes us hard to kill and at higher lvls our dmg is quiet high also.Wizard is a Squad class not a 1 vs 1 class
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    at solo pvp is barb 100% because a lvl 90barb has 15k hp..its quiet imposible to kill unless u get 1 BM and 1 Wiz ..Im a barb and atm no1 in 1vs1 has beaten me except for other barbs..our masive hp makes us hard to kill and at higher lvls our dmg is quiet high also.Wizard is a Squad class not a 1 vs 1 class

You're unaware that barbs low magic defence is a big weakness
  • PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mazzle wrote: »
    You're unaware that barbs low magic defence is a big weakness

highly refined magic neclace and belt...and +mDef shards?
  • PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG new avvyb:dirtyb:cuteb:victory SMEXY!!!
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Explain please? im a fail veno with **** gear and unrefined lvl 79 molder and i solod a 90 barb with +5 armors b:surrender

Could be cuz of that 1 lucky crit of 5k but still..a veno with +6 or more weap could easily roll it too then..
  • mazzle
    edited August 2009
    Options
    highly refined magic neclace and belt...and +mDef shards?

still not enough with magic user with highly refined weapon, a lot of mages around on LC will have min +5 weapon, a crite from dragon from someone with a +7 or higher weapon will likely 1 shot you if you have less than 20k hp, good luck getting over that much, and btw im talking about a mage before 99.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a refined TT90 mag necklace gives up to as much as the TT90 arcane robe(acrobatic robe)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mazzle
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a refined TT90 mag necklace gives up to as much as the TT90 arcane robe(acrobatic robe)

Lol your assuming someone is gona +12 a TT 90 element Necky but ok then, lets asume the other guy has a +12 weapon as well, you seeing my point?
    lets stick to reality on the PWI servers were ppl just +5-+7 them, ether way you still lack magical defence.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wiz is the best endgame pvp class - if rich enough to spend loads on refine and than i mean a +12 weapon and at least +8 gear. If not crazy gear its barb, due to high hp and survivability.

But magic does so much more dmg than phy attack, its the nature of this game. And 99-100+ when casters starts getting +12 weapon and lvl 11 skills the high dmg spikes and crits from wizards can even 1 shoot barbs.
    A barb even with a +12 weapon cant even get close to that dmg since phy attacks are kinda nerfed in this game.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mage is the best end game 1v1 pvp.Even if a mage cant kill a wb with 16k hp he or she would tick u alot more then u tick him
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    talking about mage with +12 weapon. and +8/10 gears

barb with +12 gx/ lunar berserk axes, and +10 gear refines. with the both classes with only their buffs, barb would win, hands down.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PM me ingame pls and I can show u how easy it is for a wizz at my lvl that has the 79 skills to take you down (and any other barb without a refined TT90 set). I had the same argument with a barb about your lvl in Archos 2 days ago i think, needless to say he was not happy at the end.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the two best pker classes in an endless dispute...

why dont all wizards and barbs unite to dominate pwi :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OH NOES! all the PVE'rs have opinions on best PVP class b:surrender save me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    roman6 wrote: »
    OH NOES! all the PVE'rs have opinions on best PVP class b:surrender save me

please be aware of the "PK Mode" button on the minimap on the top right corner of the game interface implemented among pve servers such as heaven's tear, sanctuary and dreamweaver; allowing player to become white named and participate in player versus player activity.

in english....

there is a pk mode button that lets you pk. -_______-

plently of people on HT pk.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]