Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What HH99 weapon do you want? (I know maybe a ways off but this is how I choose my weapon path = easy answers)

There is your answer....

EDIT ---> Dang it Wizzy thread...QQ...did not even notice. But I stand by my response! 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Glaive, if you got the resources/coins to farm the forshura arms, needed to make the glaive, then its ftw.
    The hh90 sword that gives +hp sint to bad either (forget the name), but at higher refines the HH90 glaive is definitely the choice for serious matk.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    glaive....thats it
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Glaive, if you got the resources/coins to farm the forshura arms, needed to make the glaive, then its ftw.
    The hh90 sword that gives +hp sint to bad either (forget the name), but at higher refines the HH90 glaive is definitely the choice for serious matk.

so that extra +77 matk rly makes that big a difference? The only difference between the sword and glaive is that glaive has +77 matk while sword has +15 vit (and of course the damage ranges)
    edited August 2009
    What HH99 weapon do you want? (I know maybe a ways off but this is how I choose my weapon path = easy answers)

There is your answer....

EDIT ---> Dang it Wizzy thread...QQ...did not even notice. But I stand by my response! 8D

Cant believe you beat me bish -.-;
    But at 99 mages go with the gold wep prior to going with that glaive at 9x. Im pretty sure the glaive isn't needed to decomp for that wep (correct me im wrong, to lazy to check forges).

Point is, you wont decomp a +5 glaive you would most likely sell it off then remake the wep buying that mats from the profit made. Which means it doesnt really effect your choice.

P.S Getting to 99 is going to be a ***** in itself, wep is last of your worries b:cry
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    so that extra +77 matk rly makes that big a difference? The only difference between the sword and glaive is that glaive has +77 matk while sword has +15 vit (and of course the damage ranges)

wraith conq +5 = glaive +0
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Well the 150 hp is easier to refine back, as you have 6 armor pieces to refine for hp. The magic attack is more valuable because you only have 1 equipment piece to refine for m att, which is your weapon itself.
    wraith conq +5 = glaive +0

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=27ddfaa78f5ad367

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0db568dd9939f2b5

Dont make stuff up please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

To me as a wep ill rather look for extra damage bonuses then survivability to one, im not sure if the +77 makes a BIG difference, but it is significant (take into factor is a pain in the **** to farm; if that would sway your decision).

But like I said at higher refines yes it makes a difference, use pwcalc.ru and give it a try b:pleased
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    To me as a wep ill rather look for extra damage bonuses then survivability to one, im not sure if the +77 makes a BIG difference, but it is significant (take into factor is a pain in the **** to farm; if that would sway your decision).

But like I said at higher refines yes it makes a difference, use pwcalc.ru and give it a try b:pleased

will do, thx for all the replies b:laugh
    edited August 2009
    Well the 150 hp is easier to refine back, as you have 6 armor pieces to refine for hp. The magic attack is more valuable because you only have 1 equipment piece to refine for m att, which is your weapon itself.

Am I missing something or did you post the same link twice b:shocked
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Am I missing something or did you post the same link twice b:shocked

Damn you're right. Fixing it now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

not making stuff up gonna let you correct to link first :3
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wraith Conqueror's are pretty sad. Getting a hh90 glaive and adding 15 base vit will give you the same amount of HP but a better damage range. And yeah, the +0>+5 is overreacting, but it's still true that you need a +3-4 wraith conq to catch up to a +0 WoDF.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Wraith Conqueror's are pretty sad. Getting a hh90 glaive and adding 15 base vit will give you the same amount of HP but a better damage range. And yeah, the +0>+5 is overreacting, but it's still true that you need a +3-4 wraith conq to catch up to a +0 WoDF.

meh what he said ^
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wraith conquerer. + stats always wins with me.
    i really hate + pdef + matk and stuff like that on a high lvl weapon.

sword looks better too.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2009

as far as MAX matt is concerned he is correct. However you get such a huge boost to your MIN matt that the +5 sword would be the better of the 2.
    +5 on the glaive though of course beats +5 sword b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wraith conquerer. + stats always wins with me.
    i really hate + pdef + matk and stuff like that on a high lvl weapon.

sword looks better too.

Someone please.... plug up this guys mouth before more **** comes out.

Wraith conqueror is for venomancers. Then again, your squad lead in TW's does use t-t-the pataka. >.<

What kind of sick wizard says they dislike PDef and M.Atk adds, instead they like Vit adds.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Someone please.... plug up this guys mouth before more **** comes out.

Wraith conqueror is for venomancers. Then again, your squad lead in TW's does use t-t-the pataka. >.<

What kind of sick wizard says they dislike PDef and M.Atk adds, instead they like Vit adds.
    what he said
    NO, not t-t-t-t-the pataka
    b:avoid
    as far as MAX matt is concerned he is correct. However you get such a huge boost to your MIN matt that the +5 sword would be the better of the 2.
    +5 on the glaive though of course beats +5 sword b:victory

i mean max magic attack
  • Calurinos - Sanctuary
    Calurinos - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Although I know the WoDF provides the highest base matk, I'll probably use the Requiem Blade.

Since I'll be stacking crit at 90, I find the half crit and 110HP from the Req Blade more useful than a -3% channel mod. And although the minimum damage range is similar between WoDF and Req (due to the Glaive's +matk mod) and the Glaive excels in base max matk by about 1k damage, I don't feel that's enough to sacrifice crit and HP. 1k base translates to about around 125 or less damage in PvP.

@OP If you're partially stacking channeling, I'd recommend WoDF for the matk advantage.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Although I know the WoDF provides the highest base matk, I'll probably use the Requiem Blade.

Since I'll be stacking crit at 90, I find the half crit and 110HP from the Req Blade more useful than a -3% channel mod. And although the minimum damage range is similar between WoDF and Req (due to the Glaive's +matk mod) and the Glaive excels in base max matk by about 1k damage, I don't feel that's enough to sacrifice crit and HP, 1k base translates to about around 125 or less damage in PvP.

@OP If you're partially stacking channeling, I'd recommend WoDF for the matk advantage.

*Twitch Twitch*, R....Requiem!!!!!

Good lord, the only people using that weapon are either waiting on the mats for their TT90 or holding it for a friend.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

Good lord, the only people using that weapon are either waiting on the mats for their TT90 or holding it for a friend.

what he said ^
  • Calurinos - Sanctuary
    Calurinos - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Yeah not many people think much of the Req Blade. It comes down to what you're looking for, and when comparing against other level 90 weapons for crit bonuses it's probably the best one.

I've also incorporated cost vs gains. Example, a second socket on a Req Blade was cheaper to attain, and that's +32-40 extra matk right there (from a G8-9 shard). A second socket on a grade 11 weapon would require 1000 socket stones (6-7 mil until socket stone sales) not to say you can't roll a 2 socket WoDF, but it's a tad harder to do so. That would roughly halve the advantage of a +77 matk mod from a WoDF. If money isn't an issue, then this is advantage is void.

The fact that a pure can get 1% crit from an extra 4 dex (assuming you rolled a +11 dex mod on a Req) isn't too bad at all, definitely preferable over -3% stand-alone for someone not planning to wear any channeling gear @ 90.

Weapon choice is dependent on character build.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah not many people think much of the Req Blade. It comes down to what you're looking for, and when comparing against other level 90 weapons for crit bonuses it's probably the best one.

I've also incorporated cost vs gains. Example, a second socket on a Req Blade was cheaper to attain, and that's +32-40 extra matk right there (from a G8-9 shard). A second socket on a grade 11 weapon would require 1000 socket stones (6-7 mil until socket stone sales) not to say you can't roll a 2 socket WoDF, but it's a tad harder to do so. That would roughly halve the advantage of a +77 matk mod from a WoDF. If money isn't an issue, then this is advantage is void.

The fact that a pure can get 1% crit from an extra 4 dex (assuming you rolled a +11 dex mod on a Req) isn't too bad at all, definitely preferable over -3% stand-alone for someone not planning to wear any channeling gear @ 90.

Weapon choice is dependent on character build.
    If you incorporate resell value then the Req Blade is still trash. It's not worth upgrading simply because noone will pay half of what you spent on it. You can't decompose it for any next weapon in line either.

And if you plan on getting the gold hh90 gaunts then the channeling isn't bad, an easy 9% channeling which is pretty nice to have 24/7.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Glaive.

ffs

GLAIVE
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Glaive.

ffs

GLAIVE

what she said ^
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    what she said ^

I have no idea if I speak for more then only me, but I find it very annoying.

Glaive at 90, at 99 either scaredevil or the gold sword, gold glaive is good but sword is imo better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I have no idea if I speak for more then only me, but I find it very annoying.

Glaive at 90, at 99 either scaredevil or the gold sword, gold glaive is good but sword is imo better.

Mage Weapon Path

Ancient Arbor > Ashura Sign/Sakyamuni Light > Yaksa > Wheel of Denied Fate > Scaredevil/souless